• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Getting back into this game after being inspired by Cutlerine's mini-hack. The pokemon in this game aren't really suited to my liking so it makes it hard for me to play so I want to use the walk through walls to get a torchic. Now when i get to pacifilog i talk to absolutely everyone, including birch's fan but i get nothing. Is there a prerequisite or something that i have to do leading up to it?

I don't mean to be "that guy" but can i get an answer to this as soon as possible? Also does anyone know what level it is? I really need that torchic.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Where can you find kingmadio? I want one becuase...
Plus when does snorlax become skylax and how?
Nevermind sun stone evolves him but kingmadio i still dont know

Last edited:
Years
I don't mean to be "that guy" but can i get an answer to this as soon as possible? Also does anyone know what level it is? I really need that torchic.

You get Torchic at level 5. If that's what you're trying to find, you get it through the Regi event.

If you're looking to progress, head up to the gym in Pacifilog (it's to the north, in a cave).

Where can you find kingmadio?

Mirage Island. Have fun finding it!

where was it you find turmur?

It's at the end of the long trade sequence that begins with the Mush Mask.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
I can't seem to go anywhere on the necropolis hub map, going between the 2 rocks on the bottom left hole doesn't cause anything to happen.

Years
crud...I can't go any further with this trading thing...I need the 4th badge, where do you get it EXACTLY? I've been told some general areas, but I can't find that one...I'm stumped in the trading and thus can't get turmur without figuring it out.

joshyv, mirage island is that place that rarely appeared (had a small chance each day) where you could originally get wynaut, the old guy in pacifidlog would say if he could see the island or not (never been there, though I would assume it's near pacifidlog when it shows up)

Years
Would anyone happen to know what move breaks the box in the Lilycove Museum? I'm stumped.

Explosion.

I need the 4th badge, where do you get it EXACTLY?

It's on the Shipwreck (along the sea route to Dewford). I'm pretty sure you find it in a trash can at some point relatively deep into the area.

I can't seem to go anywhere on the necropolis hub map, going between the 2 rocks on the bottom left hole doesn't cause anything to happen.

This might be a glitch. Just trying walking everywhere and clicking things I suppose, just in case. :|

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
OK. It's been a long time since I posted here, but I have something to announce that will very likely solve most of the problems. A most magnificently kind soul by the unusual name of 1158 has been through Snakewood as it stands, and fixed all the bugs they found. I have been through the game and everything does indeed seem to be fixed, so I'm pleased to announce the most long overdue bug fix in Snakewood history is now available at the first post.

A word of warning, however: owing to the substantial structural changes that have taken place, I recommend patching this file onto a clean Ruby ROM and starting afresh. Otherwise, bad stuff will happen - which may or may not (and probably won't, to be honest) include your being devoured by outsize muntjac deer.

So yeah. Ramble over, let's play some Snakewood.

F.A.B.

Years
OK. It's been a long time since I posted here, but I have something to announce that will very likely solve most of the problems. A most magnificently kind soul by the unusual name of 1158 has been through Snakewood as it stands, and fixed all the bugs they found. I have been through the game and everything does indeed seem to be fixed, so I'm pleased to announce the most long overdue bug fix in Snakewood history is now available at the first post.

A word of warning, however: owing to the substantial structural changes that have taken place, I recommend patching this file onto a clean Ruby ROM and starting afresh. Otherwise, bad stuff will happen - which may or may not (and probably won't, to be honest) include your being devoured by outsize muntjac deer.

F.A.B.

Yes! Amazing!! I had been waiting, and now it's here. Great for this Easter vacation period. Thank you!

SevenShirokami

Cosmo of Light and Dark
Years
I just started playing this hack last night, and it's fantastic! I named my MysteryEgg Roger, and Roger is amazing~ I'm currently training before going to Dewford, and my team as of right now is:
Magikarp; lv. 12; female
Hikari (Pikachu); lv. 17; female
Dradel (Baltoy); lv. 20
Nuzzle (Nuzleaf); lv. 18; female
Alaric (Swellow); lv. 22; male
Roger (MysteryEgg); lv. 17.

Roger lieks to Tacklespam things~

EDIT: Played a bit more, got stuck on the sub the first time around, figured it out, now heading towards Mauville. Current team status:
Roger (MysteryEgg) lv. 26; Demon Horn
-Tackle, Softboiled, Leech Life, Egg Bomb
Dradel (Baltoy) lv. 22; Leftovers
-Confusion, Psybeam, Rock Tomb, Sand Tomb
Hikari (Pikachu) Female, lv. 25; Kilin Horn
-Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, Thunder Wave
Nuzzle (Nuzleafe) Female; lv. 22; Gamble Fish
-Cut, Nature Power, Ice Punch, Grasswhistle
Alaric (Swellow) Male; Lv. 26; Anadrin Talon
-Peck, Wing Attack, Focus Energy, Quick Attack
Epicness (Gyarados) Female; lv. 26
-Surf, Bite, Tackle, Draco Fury

I was actually quite lazy with Epicness and just edited it so that Magikarp can learn Surf CX I didn't wanna catch anything else to use for my water type and leveling her was just taking too long. I've never used a Gyarados before though, so I wanted to for this game.
Also, WHAT ARE THE BROKEN HEARTS FOR?? I have two, and I'm dying to know why they aren't used for anything from what I can tell. (Idk, maybe this question has already been answered, but I haven't read all of the posts yet. Although I do intend to, so that I may find out what the BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR! DX)

Last edited:

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years

F.A.B.

Can i at least reload my current save? I seriously spent the last two days fighting with getting this game to work how i wanted to. I can't start from scratch and do that all again...

Years
Hooray! New patch! I'll probably start anew this weekend or something. I'm gonna need to find a new naming theme and team now lol.

Thank you Cutlerine and 1158! :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2016
I've tried patching the newest patch onto multiple ruby roms using lunar ips with no avail other than the white screen upon startup. Anyone have a fix? My VBA emulator is fine and the ruby roms seem fine when unpatched...

Years
  • Age 30
  • NL
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
I have the exact same problem as tecul1. The last version worked fine, and I played it until Fallarbor. I've also patched multiple other hacks, so I know what I'm doing.

However, with this newest Snakewood patch, I only get a white screen when patching it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2016
You have to talk to SPECIFIC people in New Mauville to get the quest going, if that's what you mean.

The little girl, the chef, and Wattson are the important people in there. I may be missing one. The chess people and the boy by Nurse Joy are funny though :P

And, I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna play this unbugged patch, but I can't. See my post above. Apparently another person also has my problem.

Back