• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Hi, I have a problem. When ever I teleport the main hero to another place, none of the scripts work... (you'll see what I mean when you see the script. When I warp it to another place, no applymovement, talking scripts, ect. work). ANY HELP?

Script:
Spoiler:

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
That is because after the warp happens, the script stops proceeding. What you need to do, is apply a level map on the map where you warp to.

I did that before I put it in , but it STILL doesn't work. The level script doesn't work, and none of the talking scripts, or any scripts! It's weird! O____________________O

EDIT: AND YES, I know how to do level scripts if you must know...

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
hi all
i'm having trouble w/ a firered script that i "tried" to made...
One guy was supposed to move on me, ask me something, than if i say no, walk away, and if i say yes, hero follow him (didn't made the movement for the hero now)
but actually, this is a big problem, when the guy ask me, if i say no, he says me the sentence prepared for it, TWICE, than say the last thing prepared for yes case... i tested it again, it gave me something like "AAA Put ????? in obj"
and than "AAA put masterball in pokeball"
i didn't even put something about masterball Oo

Spoiler:

anyone might help me finding what is wrong? ^^

NatureKeeper

#org 0x800E23
setflag 0x1000
msgbox 0x8800E42 MSG_FACE '"sentence supposed to be said after we pick yes"
applymovement 0x4 0x8800DB9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800E73 MSG_KEEPOPEN '""sentence supposed to be said after we pick yes but."
closeonkeypress

'---------------
#org 0x800E1A
msgbox 0x8800EB1 MSG_FACE '"sentence supposed to be said after we pick no, said TWICE"
applymovement 0x4 0x800DB

--> Where are release and end? :\

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
the compiler made then jump, i compilated again with this :
Spoiler:

and it worked perfectly ^^ (but i needed to create another offset for the script, i couldn't modify the script and compile, even when i recompile, the script doesn't stick with the rom, and when i reopen it from advance map open script button, it gives me the old one already compiled...a way to edit script already compiled?)
sorry about the previous post :/

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

I did that before I put it in , but it STILL doesn't work. The level script doesn't work, and none of the talking scripts, or any scripts! It's weird! O____________________O

EDIT: AND YES, I know how to do level scripts if you must know...

With the level script, you have to have a variable to set it off. So in the first script (where you warp), you'd have to have, say "setvar 0x5000 0x1". Then for the level script, you would have it activate when 0x5000 0x1 is set. Then, in the level script itself, you would have to have "setvar 0x5000 0x2" so that it won't activate again whenever you're in that map. Try that and see if it works - and put a "waitstate" after the warp command as well in the first script.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
How could I make a Give Pokemon script, where it gives you SIX Pokemon? Would I make it like a normal one, just add five other Pokemon?

Scaryghoul

Hungy
Years
Hello, I am Chris and this is my first post here. I was wondering if someone could possibly shed some light on why my script box's never work.(The ones on the ground.)
The only thing that happens when I go over them is either 1. I just pass right over them without anything happening at all. 2. I get locked on top of it without the ability to move at all or press any buttons.
I have tried 2 different games and 2 different editors so far so I think it is just simply a problem with my coding. Is this some universal rules to script box's?
Do they require the usage of var's?
I have tried on fire red and leaf green. Think I will stick with fire red. I am trying to use advance map and the 2 script editors, XSE and Pokescript for this sort of thing, Both roms are US.
Usually I just have simple scripts like this for the script box's so far.
(XSE)

Code:
#Dynamic 0x0DC5FA2

#org @script
lockall
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= Hey!! This finally worked.
(Pokescript)

Code:
#org $script
jingle
message $talk
boxset 6
$talk 1 = Why won't this work...
release
end
I have tried fiddling around with jingle and lock and different types of "unknown" values using advance map.
I usually don't ever do anything with vars yet as I haven't gotten a chance yet. Could that be what is messing everything up or is it something else?
This is the only real speed bump I've been having with scripting so far(only a week in). Any help would be generally appreciated.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hello, I am Chris and this is my first post here. I was wondering if someone could possibly shed some light on why my script box's never work.(The ones on the ground.)
I have tried 2 different games and 2 different editors so far so I think it is just simply a problem with my coding. Is this some universal rules to script box's?
I have tried on fire red and leaf green. Think I will stick with fire red. I am trying to use advance map and the 2 script editors, XSE and Pokescript for this sort of thing, Both roms are US.
(XSE)
Spoiler:

I have tried fiddling around with jingle and lock and different types of "unknown" values using advance map.
I usually don't ever do anything with vars yet as I haven't gotten a chance yet. Could that be what is messing everything up or is it something else?
This is the only real speed bump I've been having with scripting so far(only a week in). Any help would be generally appreciated.

Are you using the Free Space Finder to find an available offset? It's best to start at 0x800000 as all offsets already used in the game are previous to that.

Scaryghoul

Hungy
Years
Are you using the Free Space Finder to find an available offset? It's best to start at 0x800000 as all offsets already used in the game are previous to that.

Well with pokescript it finds free space on its own and with XSE I usually open the hex viewer and look for a vast amount of zero's or FF's then use that as my offset.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Erm, actually XSE generally finds free space on its own... just have dynamic 0x800000 before your script, then insert...
Also, if you use the lockall command, you need releaseall instead of release.

Scaryghoul

Hungy
Years
Erm, actually XSE generally finds free space on its own... just have dynamic 0x800000 before your script, then insert...
Also, if you use the lockall command, you need releaseall instead of release.

Thanks I'll remember that, although the problem persists. The music keeps playing and all but I just can't do anything. I've tried jingle, lock, lockall so far and not sure if that's the problem =/

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
The only thing that happens when I go over them is either 1. I just pass right over them without anything happening at all. 2. I get locked on top of it without the ability to move at all or press any buttons.
(XSE)

Code:
#Dynamic 0x0DC5FA2

#org @script
lockall
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= Hey!! This finally worked.
(Pokescript)

Code:
#org $script
jingle
message $talk
boxset 6
$talk 1 = Why won't this work...
release
end

Yes, you need vars, not necessarily in the script (unless you want it to only happen once). You need to set the "var number" for the script in A-Map to something (start with 5000) and the var value to 0000. To make the script only happen once, have a "setvar 0x5000 0x1" in your script.

Also, you should use #dynamic 0x800000 when compiling scripts in XSE. It's safer that way.

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
With the level script, you have to have a variable to set it off. So in the first script (where you warp), you'd have to have, say "setvar 0x5000 0x1". Then for the level script, you would have it activate when 0x5000 0x1 is set. Then, in the level script itself, you would have to have "setvar 0x5000 0x2" so that it won't activate again whenever you're in that map. Try that and see if it works - and put a "waitstate" after the warp command as well in the first script.

Wow, you're a life saver. I FORGOT TO PUT THE WAITSTATE!

Epic fail :P

Thanks a bunch, metapod! o3o

Scaryghoul

Hungy
Years
Yes, you need vars, not necessarily in the script (unless you want it to only happen once). You need to set the "var number" for the script in A-Map to something (start with 5000) and the var value to 0000. To make the script only happen once, have a "setvar 0x5000 0x1" in your script.

Also, you should use #dynamic 0x800000 when compiling scripts in XSE. It's safer that way.

Thanks alot! It finally worked.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
uh does someone know why everytime i compile a script taht was already compiled (i can't use #dynamic because of that, so i use fsf to find offset) it keeps changing me some part of the code ?
(like msgbox 0x801C0A 0x2 to loadpointer 0x0 0x801C0A and things like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back