• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Antioch said:
Well, i know how to use this thing well but i have one problem. When i rezise the map (route 29, the only route to get out of newbark town) in goldmap, res tthe events (how they were just in a slightly different location) save and play the map outside the town looks crazy and i cant leave the town. Anyone can help here?

Thanks a mil for anyine who can help, Laterz.

You would have to resize the map then repoint the data to a new location using hex.

FHJoker said:
Is there any way to make the shiny gyarados battle in GS to only happen at the night?

It can be done, you would have enable a flag that allows the Gyarados to appear at night only. Then you would have to script in the battle code to allow you to battle a shiny Gyarados.

Hyunbin said:
whenever i exit a battle and return to the overworld map, the player is stuck and i can move around this bug catcher that was on screen from before entering the battle
it also only happens with that particular bug catcher
other battles when the catcher isn't on screen are fine
what's wrong?

Sounds like a bad glitch to me, you probably either have to fix up some scripts or restrat your game with a clean or backup ROM.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Is it possible to use a flag instead of a variable for a level script? If not what variables are not used by the game already? This is for FR.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
I need help! I used poke edit pro to put in some of the 4th gen pokemon in my ruby hack and when I try to test the game the whole screen in the emulator goes white.. is there something I can do or do I have to start all over??

Years
You have to make sure you dont have same files in your folder, try and dlete your current gba file then renaming your bak file that should work

_____

Can someone make a back bit for me please?

f_Rubym_2100de2.png

The bit where he is about to throw the pokeball please.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
You have to make sure you dont have same files in your folder, try and dlete your current gba file then renaming your bak file that should work

_____

Can someone make a back bit for me please?

f_Rubym_2100de2.png

The bit where he is about to throw the pokeball please.

This thread is only for hacking help, not sprite requesting.

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years

i tried that, it didn't work.

i just ends up as [filename].GBA but is still a .BAK file

is there some certain setting which makes the file type changeable?

but i will still ask, how do i change .BAK files to .GBA files??

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
How do you index sprites?

and also.. in the UNLZ-GBA.

The poke sprites doesn't show it's a black and white crispy image.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
How do you add wild pokemon data to places that don't have wild pokemon data (cities,towns, lake of rage...) in Pokemon Gold?
02AB35 starts a list of wild Pokemon and their locations, in the following format:
[2-byte map number]
[wild Pokemon ratio morn][wild Pokemon ratio day][wild Pokemon ratio nite]
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (morn)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (day)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (nite)

The list continues this way until you reach a FF for the first byte, which signifies the end of the list.

To add to a new area, you would want to
a) Overwrite an existing entry in the list
b) repoint the list and add new entries there

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
barca said:
I need help! I used poke edit pro to put in some of the 4th gen pokemon in my ruby hack and when I try to test the game the whole screen in the emulator goes white.. is there something I can do or do I have to start all over??

Did you change your save type? Go to Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K in the VBA.

I WANT DIALGA said:
Blazichu what is the internal clock work? and i have expanded the ROM is it okay to have no image in pokepic but there is one inside the game?

The Internal Clock is the clock that you set at the beginning of Ruby, if it doesn't work then berries will not be able to grow. Also if you can't see them in Pokepic then if you want to replace anything you probably can't.

FHJoker said:
Does anybody know how to decompress the intro graphics for Gold so that I may edit them in TLP?

The starting where it says Gamefreak and Nintendo is decompressed already, the Game Freak intro sequence (the text and logo) can be found using 1BPP mode (close to the Intro text) and the titlescreen can be decompressed using a patch, which if I remember is in my Tutorial thread. Have a look in there if you need it.

whitecoma42 said:
i have lost my copy of pokescript and pokeadv and i cant find a copy anywhere :( is it possible for someone to give me a direct link to it please

No we won't give your direct links here...

MR. MR. MR. ATOM. said:
Well have you checked the tools section first?

God I hate you.

Also, if you are going to hate someone then don't say so outloud. Keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Originally, I asked this in the wrong forum by mistake, but I hope someone here can help me - I'm having some issues with the Sappy program ^_^'

Basically, after I convert midis into .s files and import them into the game (in this case, Pokemon Ruby) via Sappy, they sound NOTHING like the original midi file. They play very choppily, with poor sound quality, and it's driving me crazy. I know how to do the entire process of changing the music, but nothing I can do seems to improve the actual quality of the music I try to make use of even though the original MIDIs sound just fine. Any advice would be REALLY appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back