• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've tried searching for this, but I have a problem with the Pokedex Area in Firered
I have edited Viridian Forest to be a cave and changed its position on the world map (the blue circle in the pic), one of the Pokemon you can find there is Bagon
But when looking up its area in the Pokedex, it shows Beldum's location back where Viridian Forest used to be originally (the red spot)
How can you change this so that the red spot is correctly shown where the cave is?

This should be what you're looking for.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
have you made sure that the connection (warp) tile inside the cave has got the correct <bank> <map> number as the outside map? also make sure that where it say 'to warp number' that number corresponds to the tile outside the cave and vis versa

Yes i have. But it doesnt work. // And also, can anyone help me with why some of my tools wont work? They say that the 'ulza' or whatever file doesnt work.

DeepKickSavior

is readin' up on his XSE :3
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2013
Advance Map issue?

This has been happening a lot to me lately, and I'm tired of working around it. I take an existing map (one that works just fine) and remove all warps/people/scripts/etc. to reuse it. Then I build it for whatever and set new warps and stuff for my new map. For example, I took the top floor of a PokéCenter and remade it into a new house, then I set all my warps to make it go with the house. But here's the problem - when I test my ROM and go into the house, the screen fades to black and stays that way, apparently frozen (because I can't exit). The maps work just fine until I redo it, and I've checked the scripts under the header tab, but they're all the same as the existing maps that work just fine. So how could this happen? I've just been using one big map for the insides of my buildings to get around this problem, but now I need a separate tileset, so this workaround doesn't work for this. Please tell me what's going on, I have AM 1.92 (I'm not getting the Alpha of the new one until it's gone Beta).

Also equally upsetting (but not as urgent) is a problem I get sometimes within the program, when I click on another map. Something in some of my maps messed up really bad, because when I go to said maps, I get two error messages. The first says: "Invalid pointer to map footer." When I hit OK (the only option), I get another message that says: "AdvanceMapError(1): Try to read at pos 0! Please contact [email protected]". When the message is dismissed, I go to the map I clicked, except it has no dimensions. It appears to be a 1x1 map with the tan tile, bit when you go to the header tab, there is no options to resize the map. What is this? I have no idea what caused it, so I can't give any examples or anything. Hopefully the Beta will have some of these issues explained/resolved, but until then I need outside help!

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
Help with Introduction Editing!

Alright, so I'm trying to hack the introduction of FireRed (where it has the small Pikachu in the corner right before Professor Oak greets you) and I can't figure out how to change that! When I use Advance Text it only allows me to edit what Professor Oak says and not that part of the introduction. Do I have to use another tool or is there something wrong with my ROM? Thanks!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Is there any way to make it so that when you start your game, instead of choosing the male or female character and giving them a name, you only play as one player with a preset name? The reason for this is that playing as a specific character is a major role in the story.

Saten Ruiko

» ^-^
Years
Alright, so I'm trying to hack the introduction of FireRed (where it has the small Pikachu in the corner right before Professor Oak greets you) and I can't figure out how to change that! When I use Advance Text it only allows me to edit what Professor Oak says and not that part of the introduction. Do I have to use another tool or is there something wrong with my ROM? Thanks!
I would rather use thingy32. Anyway, it works with Advance Text. (puu.sh/22jd)

Is there any way to make it so that when you start your game, instead of choosing the male or female character and giving them a name, you only play as one player with a preset name? The reason for this is that playing as a specific character is a major role in the story.
The answer is asm, ;D

Saten Ruiko

» ^-^
Years
Which I do not know the first thing about. :( It's about the only thing with ROM hacking that I have zero experience with.
Like most people cause there is actually no click-to-get-what-you-want tool. You could try to get some basic knowledg, there are a few tutorials here.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
can someone tell me how to find the offsets for sprites in pokemon leaf green im trying to make a leaf green .ini file for advance sprite position editor but im stuck

Years
Has any research been done into:
a.) Removing the opening theme in Pokemon Emerald
b.) Changing the music of the opening theme in Pokemon Emerald
c.) Expanding the Pokemon Emerald national dex.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Has any research been done into:
a.) Removing the opening theme in Pokemon Emerald
b.) Changing the music of the opening theme in Pokemon Emerald
c.) Expanding the Pokemon Emerald national dex.
a.) No
b.)No
c.) Yes but it has not been released yet. You would have to edit several routine to accomplish this.

If you don't have any ASM knowledge then I wouldn't recommend trying these things.

can someone tell me how to find the offsets for sprites in pokemon leaf green im trying to make a leaf green .ini file for advance sprite position editor but im stuck

Take the offset for Bulbasuar. Convert it to a pointer and search for it. Then subtract 8.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
So I'm changing the world map in Emerald and trying to import the palette from the map found on VBA in tile molester, saved as a .PAL but when im in tile molester it doesn't show up in my saved folder to import.. Is there some program i need with .pal files or something?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hello,

I downloaded Overworld Changer (to resize overworlds) but when I double click, it does nothing. Not even an error! Please help!

Well, there's only one alternative I can suggest. Manually resizing overworlds. Here's a tut on it. :3
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=173028

So I'm changing the world map in Emerald and trying to import the palette from the map found on VBA in tile molester, saved as a .PAL but when im in tile molester it doesn't show up in my saved folder to import.. Is there some program i need with .pal files or something?

I think you're using an old version of tile molester which doesn't support palette importing. If not, try saving it as another type of palette file the tool supports.

Saten Ruiko

» ^-^
Years
Try tile molester alternate, it has support for .pal-files.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Nothing else? That's a little to hard and i don't want to use a hex editor... Maybe a solution on the open problem :$?

I say use a hex editor. If your tool isn't functioning, then a hex editor is your only option. Hey, you might even learn a little something in the process. :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 2, 2012
Welcome!
I'm going to do edition "Pokémon Red", i.e. I'm going to add girl's figure, which was erased. This figure is called "Blue". Most of you know her from "Pokémon Special" where she played major role. Why, instead of taking the job I write about this? To be honest - I don't know how to edit Pokémon games. I hope that one of PokéCommunity users help me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back