• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Energy Supply

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Kanto has its Power Plant, Johto has several windmills, Sinnoh had the Fuego Ironworks, etc to produce energy for the region. So what will be the region in X and Y's main energy source? Would you like to see something similar to what we have already had, or something completely new? Do you think it should play any role in the story?

Discuss!

Years
Solar panels?
It really isnt too far fetched.
Maybe we could see an evil corporation that produces solar panels for the region but knows that it generates energy from the legendary pkmn and has the region fooled that its picking up fr the sun. Which could lead to a scenario of legendarys reacting to this
The team trying to get back in control of the legendaries
Massive power outage all across the region
Thugs and corp members loading the streets taking advantage of crisis and you capturing the legendary and bringing down an evil corporation

Ahhh long winded rambles and run on sentences

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Kanto has its Power Plant, Johto has several windmills, Sinnoh had the Fuego Ironworks, etc to produce energy for the region. So what will be the region in X and Y's main energy source? Would you like to see something similar to what we have already had, or something completely new? Do you think it should play any role in the story?

Discuss!

I don't remember Johto having Windmills anywhere. Sinnoh had the windmills at Valley Windworks and Fuego Iron Works wasn't an energy supplying area, they just made steel or various items like the galactic bomb.

I don't think there needs to be a "power plant" area as not all of the regions showed some. it would be cool, but really only nuclear and water energy sources haven't been used and the former doesn't seem like something they'd put in a game while the later could have been done in Hoenn or Unova, not to mention it would be pretty boring.

Nothing is gunna beat Gen 1's Power Plant with Zapdos in it. XD

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't remember Johto having Windmills anywhere. Sinnoh had the windmills at Valley Windworks and Fuego Iron Works wasn't an energy supplying area, they just made steel or various items like the galactic bomb.

I don't think there needs to be a "power plant" area as not all of the regions showed some. it would be cool, but really only nuclear and water energy sources haven't been used and the former doesn't seem like something they'd put in a game while the later could have been done in Hoenn or Unova, not to mention it would be pretty boring.

Nothing is gunna beat Gen 1's Power Plant with Zapdos in it. XD

You're right about Fuego Ironworks, but in HGSS, New Bark Town had windmills iicr. Anyway, I think a hydroelectric dam would be a neat idea.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope they include Solar Panels, I've seen more of them recently over the years so it would be neat to see how they implement and utilize them into the games. They could convert energy to make a use for Solar Energy... somehow.

Oh and do you mean these Windmills in HGSS?

New_Bark_Town_HGSS.png

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I hope they include Solar Panels, I've seen more of them recently over the years so it would be neat to see how they implement and utilize them into the games. They could convert energy to make a use for Solar Energy... somehow.

Oh and do you mean these Windmills in HGSS?

Spoiler:
Sunyshore City was practically made of solar panels. I'm not sure how they'd top that, if they even wanted to, but I wouldn't be against it.

New Bark Town probably did use those windmills as an energy supply ─ there's one for every house, including the lab ─ but I think they were more used for the basis of wind being an important element to the town.

Anyway, even though I wouldn't say this region has to have a source of energy, I wouldn't mind seeing one...or two. I've always wanted to see a watermill being used, or better yet, an old and abandoned watermill. I think an area like that could turn out to be a lot of fun and in 3D it could look pretty amazing. A great location to find a mix of water and electric Pokémon. While a second power source could be located not far by and could be used as the region's or nearby town/city's new energy source.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybeeee this is a power facility:

pokemon-x-and-y-boy-trainer-screenshot-646x387.jpg

Although, it's kinda out of place because it's in a desert-like area... maybe it's some sort of power plant - nuclear maybe?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The only thing I can think of when it comes to an alternative to wind turbines as a power source... is solar panels to produce electricity. Solar panels haven't been used in any Pokémon games as of yet. I'm pretty sure Unova only had a few Wind Turbines in Nuvema Town, but that was it. While Hoenn had New Mauville as it's regional power source, Kanto had the Power Plant and Sinnoh had the Valley Windworks (which I'm pretty sure the power plant in Kanto powers the whole Johto region as well).

I think Kanto, Sinnoh and Hoenn are the only regions that have a full regional power plant. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be a great opportunity for the developers at Game Freak to introduce solar panel type power plant.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Plasma used Solar on their Frigate combined with Kyurem power. So the pokéworld might be beginning to get into Solar. If I recall correctly Galactic did research into energy...forget if it was solar or otherwise or if they even mentioned what kind of energy they were using as their disguise product. Either way Saturn and several others post defeat mention how they might actually do this, hopefully if these games are post DPPt we can see some of those gains.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Nuclear power plant FTW. It hasn't been used yet. They could totally include that in the story, and plus it allows for a few cool new Pokemon...maybe a Rotom evolution? They could also have it be some sort of accident...an ABANDONED plant would be super epic.

I can totally believe that that building in the trailer is a nuclear power plant.

If it's too controversial, then mebby we could have a dam. That would be cool...OOH! AND THE EVIL TEAM COULD BREAK IT AND THERE WOULD BE FISH EVERYWHERE LIKE IN PLATINUM! Lol that would be funny.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nuclear power plant FTW. It hasn't been used yet. They could totally include that in the story, and plus it allows for a few cool new Pokemon...maybe a Rotom evolution? They could also have it be some sort of accident...an ABANDONED plant would be super epic.

I can totally believe that that building in the trailer is a nuclear power plant.

If it's too controversial, then mebby we could have a dam. That would be cool...OOH! AND THE EVIL TEAM COULD BREAK IT AND THERE WOULD BE FISH EVERYWHERE LIKE IN PLATINUM! Lol that would be funny.

Ya I don't think the nuclear power plant would be received too well. I think Pokemon is aiming for clean energy, and alternatives to that, and if they went down that route it might be counter-productive. I mean, there's a sewer in Unova and generally that's waste but that's as far as I see them going really.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ya I don't think the nuclear power plant would be received too well. I think Pokemon is aiming for clean energy, and alternatives to that, and if they went down that route it might be counter-productive. I mean, there's a sewer in Unova and generally that's waste but that's as far as I see them going really.

Castellia Sewer was pretty clean from what it looked like. Despite the Grimer inside. Even Celadon had a pond full of Grimer (which were there because of pollution according to the NPCs). Gamefreak is doing really well with the "clean" thing, they can probably find a way to make Nuclear energy clean.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Nuclear power is clean minus the used fuel if all is contained. The only reason I don't see them using Nuclear is because of the whole nuclear issue in Japan after the quake, it'll upset people. The anime removed episodes dealing with quakes when ever there was one (the wishcash episode back in Advance and the Plasma episodes in Best Wishes) and destruction and while GF aren't in charge of the anime I can see them doing the same for the games. Though if I recall correctly the Kanto Plant is based on a Nuclear power plant in real life. And also an argument for there being a Nuclear Plant in these games is that France gets roughly 70 percent of it's electrical energy from Nuclear last time I checked (pre Japan quake).

Guy

just a guy
Years
The only thing I can think of when it comes to an alternative to wind turbines as a power source... is solar panels to produce electricity. Solar panels haven't been used in any Pokémon games as of yet. I'm pretty sure Unova only had a few Wind Turbines in Nuvema Town, but that was it. While Hoenn had New Mauville as it's regional power source, Kanto had the Power Plant and Sinnoh had the Valley Windworks (which I'm pretty sure the power plant in Kanto powers the whole Johto region as well).

I think Kanto, Sinnoh and Hoenn are the only regions that have a full regional power plant. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be a great opportunity for the developers at Game Freak to introduce solar panel type power plant.
If you're looking for a new energy source to be introduced, then solar panels wouldn't be it. Sunnyshore City in DPPt was practically built off of getting clean energy from solar paneling.

I like the idea of having a dam or a nuclear power plant. I'm pretty sure GameFreak would find a way to make it clean as XanderO pointed out.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If you're looking for a new energy source to be introduced, then solar panels wouldn't be it. Sunnyshore City in DPPt was practically built off of getting clean energy from solar paneling.

I like the idea of having a dam or a nuclear power plant. I'm pretty sure GameFreak would find a way to make it clean as XanderO pointed out.

Hm... Nuclear Power Plants, whenever I think about them I always think about how much they cause mutation in every animal that is born near any Nuclear Radiation. I don't think Game Freak would want to head in this sort of direction, especially after the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster. Besides, I think there's already one based off a Nuclear Power Plant in the Kanto region in Generation I.

I'm thinking more about renewable energy, how about Hydropower, where water creates electricity from dams? Or what about Wave Energy, which is generated by the waves? It would nice to have those sort of renewable energy. ;)

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Well, if this a region inspired by France, I think a nuclear power plant is most likely, to fit the theme. If they did go with nuclear power, however, I can see them either completely glossing it over and ignoring it because of the issues surrounding it, or making a central story element, which could be quite interesting, especially if there is more than one facility which you have to explore.

I'd quite like to see a geothermal facility, though; that could be interesting. A dam could look pretty impressive, though, especially if you can climb up and explore it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well Nuclear power is clean minus the used fuel if all is contained. The only reason I don't see them using Nuclear is because of the whole nuclear issue in Japan after the quake, it'll upset people. The anime removed episodes dealing with quakes when ever there was one (the wishcash episode back in Advance and the Plasma episodes in Best Wishes) and destruction and while GF aren't in charge of the anime I can see them doing the same for the games. Though if I recall correctly the Kanto Plant is based on a Nuclear power plant in real life. And also an argument for there being a Nuclear Plant in these games is that France gets roughly 70 percent of it's electrical energy from Nuclear last time I checked (pre Japan quake).

Oh that's a good point in regards to the Power Plant. Yeah I think it's even less chance they'll be in the games. Maybe something designed LIKE a Nuclear Power plant but is clean and it never actually explains what the purpose behind it is, other than a source of energy!

Back