• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Stuff based on Hoenn is something that needs to be saved for Hoenn, IMO. I'm not playing a Unova-based game just to be forced to explore something that resembles my least favorite region.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Honestly? I'm getting that gut feeling of having those extra islands, like with what FireRed & LeafGreen had. Those extra side quests sure are fun.

But if they were ever going to have any modeled base region, they should focus on Hoenn for the remakes, whenever they decide to do those. We're at Unova and should be focusing on Unova alone. I mean, we could perhaps get an event here and there to visit a region where that specific Pokemon (Legendary) could be touring. Like how that Arceus event took place in Sinnoh in HeartGold/SoulSilver to give birth to that Dragon Trio. Otherwise, all must remain in Unova!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
THE SINJOH RUINS ARE NOT IN SINNOH. Now that that's been cleared up...

Putting Hoenn into B2/W2 would upset the fanbase that wants R/S remakes. We know there has to be some use for the Shoal Cave items that were inexplicably in B/W, but I don't see this being it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
We do know that Unova itself has grown since the B/W, so that may be all we get. Though, there are probably new areas spread across the entire region now with some of the older ones absent.

But, I don't think we'll get another region, or probably even a sub-region. To be honest, I kinda hope we don't. FR/LG got the sub-region, G/S/C and HG/SS got a whole region. As long as there are decent amount of new areas in Unova, there isn't a need for somewhere else to go.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Someone else on another forum picked up on this...

The official website has announced the release of B2W2 walkthrough guides in June and July. The interesting part is that there will be two separate adventure guides released by the same company (Media Factory), which is unusual. Like in most cases, Media Factory released a single guide for Black and White. Have they ever released two guides for a single pair of games before? Yes, for HGSS; the first guide was about Johto and the second one covered Kanto.

That's VERY interesting IMO and I think is quite a hint to B2W2 having another large area off the current Unova map.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm... well, B/W did release the two part guides, actually. One had the walkthrough and one had the full pokedex, but as mentioned if it's walkthrough guides specifically, hmmm makes other regions/expanded region seem a little more plausible.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
IIRC, for D/P, the first guide covered up to the Elite Four, while the second did postgame things and the full Pokedex. So, there's likely to be at least as much post-game content as there was in D/P (which IMO is still better than B/W).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hmmm... well, B/W did release the two part guides, actually. One had the walkthrough and one had the full pokedex, but as mentioned if it's walkthrough guides specifically, hmmm makes other regions/expanded region seem a little more plausible.

Black and White's Guides were Volume 1 Main Story up to Elite 4. Second Guide was Pokedex for Unova Pokemon and After Story Guide where it told you how to catch the extra legends Kyurem and Landorous, where to find the the Six Sages for the other TMs, and a bit on Abyssal Ruins. I wanna say since D/P they have always had 2 guides, one for the main story and the other for after story info.

IIRC, for D/P, the first guide covered up to the Elite Four, while the second did postgame things and the full Pokedex. So, there's likely to be at least as much post-game content as there was in D/P (which IMO is still better than B/W).

There has never been a lot of Post Game content on any of the games outside of the thirds and Remakes. First Games, once you beat the E4 that was pretty much it. All you had left to do was catch a few Legends.

Thirds and Remakes, once you beat the E4 you have Battle Frontier. Neither of which is more than maybe 5-7 hours of serious play. Pokemon games have always lacked in the post game aspect. I don't expect any change to this.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
There has never been a lot of Post Game content on any of the games outside of the thirds and Remakes. First Games, once you beat the E4 that was pretty much it. All you had left to do was catch a few Legends.

Thirds and Remakes, once you beat the E4 you have Battle Frontier. Neither of which is more than maybe 5-7 hours of serious play. Pokemon games have always lacked in the post game aspect. I don't expect any change to this.
Well, that probably explains why they were able to combine post game content and the full Pokedex and still keep the thing at a reasonable (i.e., not phonebook sized). I think maybe there were four or five routes and a Battle Tower post game in D/P?

Somehow though, it felt like more was going on in D/P than in B/W. Might have just been me *shrugs*

In any event, some sort of criminal element post-game would be appreciated, something besides what amounted to a scavenger hunt in B/W, at the very least. Doesn't even have to be connected to the "main" evil team. Who says rogue gangs aren't running around?

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
It's different than the typical 2nd 'Pokedex' guide that other games have. Those were Pokedex guides which focused on the little bit of post-game too, but this one is part 2 of the adventure guide which means its a continuation meaning there must be LOTS to cover in the game. I think its plausible that one book will focus on one region, and the second book will focus on another. Although it could just be a case of the game having LOTS and LOTS of content in Unova so it needs two books to cover it. Either way, it seems to be an indicator that the game will have lots of content which is good.

In this case, Media Factory will release two books that are called an adventure guide, meaning that both books will be focused on a walkthrough of the journey (before and after the League, most likely). They only released one such book for Black and White and any game bar HGSS which had one book in Johto and one on Kanto.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's different than the typical 2nd 'Pokedex' guide that other games have. Those were Pokedex guides which focused on the little bit of post-game too, but this one is part 2 of the adventure guide which means its a continuation meaning there must be LOTS to cover in the game. I think its plausible that one book will focus on one region, and the second book will focus on another. Although it could just be a case of the game having LOTS and LOTS of content in Unova so it needs two books to cover it. Either way, it seems to be an indicator that the game will have lots of content which is good.

Its not even out yet, so you can't guarantee that it is different.

The Second B/W Strategy guide has 352 pages, 177 of which are on post game information and information on the various things Black and White offers.

There may not be anything more than in Black and White as we have no information other than a two/three revealed/hinted new cities, 2 revealed new Gym Leaders and a new Researcher as a Key Character.

One new Building for out of story gameplay with the Cinema Building. As for story it's probably no longer than any other Pokemon game. Only thing I see the Second book really having is the updated Pokedex book to detail all the Gen 5 Changes to all 649 Pokemon's move pools.

First book is obviously the walkthrough, but the second is most likely going to be like every second book and just hold extra things to do information.

The second book got HG/SS was 151 pages of extra story info (Kanto) 34ish of that is actually the battle primer dunno if you count that, the rest of the 552 page book is Pokedex.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
First book is obviously the walkthrough, but the second is most likely going to be like every second book and just hold extra things to do information.

The second book is a continuation of the walkthrough in book 1 like HG/SS which is why its intriguing. I mean it's nothing but circumstantial evidence really, I'm not saying its all 100% I just thought it was pretty intriguing that it'll be a continuation of the walkthrough in Book 1 rather than be like the norm second book by holding just extra things etc.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Personally, I would love it if they made a post-game island thing. Hopefully, as Elite Overlord said, with some sort of gang. Maybe they could bring back an old team *cough cough Galactic plz cough* and have them try to reform in an area. But I hope GAME FREAK makes it bigger than that Battle Zone place in the north east of Sinnoh. That was the one post-game that I didn't like--the plot was shoved into a small space and got very compressed as a result. Hopefully these hypothetical islands will give a better plot addition.

But knowing that GAME FREAK are trolls we'll probably just get plain old Unova.

I feel for sure that we won't get a full other region.

Years
I was watching YouTube like always.. and I saw some updates for BW2! The guy who was updating us said that the ice covering Unova will probably reveal new locations in the map if its cleared. So we have to wait until more details of the map and region come to us, then, we can think about what kinds of things there will be under that ice cap. It is two years after the first Black and White games, there's something bound to be different.

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
The ice is something CoroCoro put over areas where there will be changes in, so we can expect Nacrene, Striaton and Nuvema etc. to be different. Unova will most likely be bigger than before, I think.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Hey, and more territory to explore wouldn't be a bad thing at all... just as long as it isn't all ice or water. I'm looking forward to seeing new towns in that area covered by that ice...cloud...thingy (what would you call that thing anyway?)

Hey, maybe those three towns will have combined to form one big mega-city. Urban sprawl and all xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
There was discussion last month about a B2W2 adventure guide that will have two parts. Some were saying that the second part would be similar to the Kanto portion of the HGSS guide, but it wont be as Media Factory has properly announced them now. I'll quote what someone else said on another forum:

Media Factory will release both parts of the adventure guide (said to focus on the games' story and events) on July 20, but the same company will also publish a separate Pokédex guide on August 11.

Also, to add more evidence towards there being another area off the Unova map, Coro Coro mentioned that 'N is missing' and that no one seems to know where he is. I'm sure you all remember Looker's reference about N being in another region, so I'm almost certain it will come true now (after all, Cynthia's statement about the world tournament came true). It seems Coro Coro was foreshadowing N's whereabouts so they can reveal a new region/set of islands in the next issue.

Also, a CD soundtrack for B2W2 has been announced and will contain 173 tracks for B2W2. That is a lot, and I don't think there would be that much for Unova so I'm assuming that a lot of it will be used in the new off-map area.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
There was discussion last month about a B2W2 adventure guide that will have two parts. Some were saying that the second part would be similar to the Kanto portion of the HGSS guide, but it wont be as Media Factory has properly announced them now. I'll quote what someone else said on another forum:

Also, to add more evidence towards there being another area off the Unova map, Coro Coro mentioned that 'N is missing' and that no one seems to know where he is. I'm sure you all remember Looker's reference about N being in another region, so I'm almost certain it will come true now (after all, Cynthia's statement about the world tournament came true). It seems Coro Coro was foreshadowing N's whereabouts so they can reveal a new region/set of islands in the next issue.

Also, a CD soundtrack for B2W2 has been announced and will contain 173 tracks for B2W2. That is a lot, and I don't think there would be that much for Unova so I'm assuming that a lot of it will be used in the new off-map area.
thats some interesting information, but the 173 tracks can be for battles, low health, moments in the story, legend battles, etc. but your right, that's a lot, but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

and also, I'm doubtful that a whole region will be devoted to finding N, he'll probably just swoop in at some part in the story.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
thats some interesting information, but the 173 tracks can be for battles, low health, moments in the story, legend battles, etc. but your right, that's a lot, but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

and also, I'm doubtful that a whole region will be devoted to finding N, he'll probably just swoop in at some part in the story.

The CD is probably the smallest bit of evidence, since it isnt very accurate. But the fact we will be getting two walk through booklets is a pretty decent indication (but still not confirmation).

The whole region won't be devoted to finding N, but I'm sure it will be the purpose that the player goes to the region. I don't know why some people say N will just return to Unova. If he would just swoop back into Unova, what would be the point of Looker's reference saying N was in another region? If Cynthia's statement about how the champions from each region meet up and battle came true, then I don't see why Looker's statement about N being seen in a faraway region wouldn't be true as they were clearly foreshadowing things in B/W that will happen in B2W2.

I'm not saying for sure there will be a new region/set of islands off-map, but I'm just stating the evidence towards there being one.

HarmonyChains

Hex Code 013
Years
I think we will have a new region or travel to a previous region like in SS/HG.

Remember that N took off with his respective dragon to some region....I think the fact that he has the dragon means he'll still be involved with the plot and I think where ever he disappeared off to, we as the player may go there also.

He definitely is still involved with the plot. Have you seen the animated trailer for BW2? He walks out of the fog in the very beginning, and some untranslated things to say.

Last edited:
Back