• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Supporter group userbars

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I don't know how far back on the back burner this was put, but I'd really like to see our userbars back. Our postbits feel so lacking without them >:

Also just me talking here but the staff bars could use a refresh too, as far as look goes. Just a thought

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't mean to be rude but....I don't think you should be using "our" as if you're speaking/acting for the entire supporter group :P I, for one, don't really care for the userbars much, and I like how clean my postbit is with the text ranks.
To be fair, there is an option in the User CP to show all user titles in the postbit as either text or images. But even if you personally choose to display everyone's rank with images, it still shows up as text for all supporters. This request is really just asking for the advertised option to be restored. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
imo Alex is speaking entirely for himself despite the use of 'our' due to the fact that the 'our' was in reference to 'the supporter group' rather than in reference to who desires the change.

i personally completely forgot about userbars but hey if someone has the time it'd be a cute thing to put back in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
I'm with Alex here, I have been so used to having a userbar under the previous system that it just feels so awkward having text in its place on my postbit. I once even tried switching to text display myself or even disabling rank images altogether but it didn't feel the same.

It's been like almost one year since the current tiers were implemented and new userbars will finally make them complete and less text-cluttered. In fact I remember a design Oryx came up with was have a Pokemon on the userbars that related to the color (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Suicune and Giratina respectively) but even some initial for the colored tiers (S, G, C and P) could work.

I understand if the userbars have been taking longer than I expected to make, it's because there has been a lot of busy things going around the higher-ups field of things lately (especially given all the drastic higher staff promotions lately) but I'm sure they'll get around to it soon. I'll be awaiting the moment they get unveiled.

Years
Userbars are those fugly (poorly-named) things that you stuff in your signature that scream "I SUPPORT SHINY ROCK HACK"

I think what we're talking about is the userbars under our name in the postbit:
Spoiler:

(oh look that's the last screenie I took of me before we supporters lost our userbars)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Userbars are those fugly (poorly-named) things that you stuff in your signature that scream "I SUPPORT SHINY ROCK HACK"
This made me laugh so hard xD

I support pokemon original version. if you do to, copypaste into signautre
*insert trainwreck of poorly aligned/organized userbars bearing overrated hacks*

But um, the postbit bars. IMHO the staff ones could be trimmed up a bit (I think the border is doing something funky with your resizing? It's interpolating weird around the edges, dunno if you see it)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Although the original OP's wording was rather prudish, I do agree with Alex... Why make a toggle of something, where there's nothing to toggle from? I want them rank images and I do hope we see them in the cool PC 1.5 style... :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Toggles for everyone!

Some want rank images, and it's just happened so that supporters don't have those yet. I still loved Oryx suggestions too! Even if I won't use rank images myself, and even if I did it'd be the blue mod thing showing up instead, I think it's nice if supporters have them. So I hope to see them soon, is all.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
...uh, pedantics aside (seriously guys @_@) supporters have been told that this is going to happen for ages now (maybe up to a year even?) and nothing's been done so they're well overdue new rank images at this point.

The functionality to switch between images and text is built-in already (as is the option to hide them altogether) so we won't have any additional ugly toggles / settings / etc. It's just up to someone making the images, uploading them, and updating that plugin's code. There's no real reason not to have them when they've been coming for ages, some people clearly want them, and the implementation is mostly already there.

Years
Actually I was considering the annual redesign. I don't like 2014's design enough to reuse them.

You know, I'd actually like to see a revamp of all the userbars like you said. If supporters are getting new userbars it wouldn't hurt for staff to do the same as well.

Years
If we're going to use rank images again for supporters, I think we should put them on every member. Supporters aren't a "rank", they're a type of regular user. So if we're playing the game of identifying what type of user they are, we should make a generic gray version and have it say "Member" on everyone. Which... would probably be cluttery and ugly, but I'd still rather that than have all supporters and staff have rank images and nobody else.

I can see where you're coming from here, and as far as "userbars for all members" goes I know some other forums do something similar, such as a forum I used to sometimes visit a while back (although over there they called supporters "donators" instead). Supporters are pretty much viewed as regular members but with a fancy colored name, extra profile customization and access to a secret forum.

I'm probably one of those who is OCD when it comes to "too much text" in a postbit, I guess. And in the big picture I don't think our userbars were that chunky... I've seen forums that have had much bigger and bulkier ones than ours.

Last edited:
Back