The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:02 AM
bcrobert
Lazy Antagonist

Nature: Quirky
Okay...I have a question about the LearnedMovesToJambo tool.

Basically, I haven't seen anything about this format. I probably missed something that was right in front of me in the forums, but where can I get more information about his custom format and the routines involved?
Old December 7th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Spherical Ice

Please re-upload your tools to a website that isn't full of viruses or makes me pay or has a giant cap on download speed or makes me fill in a survey or has been taken down by the FBI. For me?
Old December 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
2wise
2wise For You :P

Nature: Relaxed
Unfortunately HotFile have been shutdown. Can you please reup the links that are unavailable?

Old December 9th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I'd suggest Dropbox, but it can be a pain in the arse. How about MEGA?
No. I am aware hotfile is down. Like I said I am going to reupload the tools but I have a busy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrobert View Post
Okay...I have a question about the LearnedMovesToJambo tool.

Basically, I haven't seen anything about this format. I probably missed something that was right in front of me in the forums, but where can I get more information about his custom format and the routines involved?
Look at Jambo51's thread for adding more moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Please re-upload your tools to a website that isn't full of viruses or makes me pay or has a giant cap on download speed or makes me fill in a survey or has been taken down by the FBI. For me?
I am aware hotfile is down. Like I said I am going to reupload the tools but I have a busy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wise View Post
Unfortunately HotFile have been shutdown. Can you please reup the links that are unavailable?
I am aware hotfile is down. Like I said I am going to reupload the tools but I have a busy life.

The links for the unofficial XSE are fixed. The rest will be done maybe later today if I find time.

PGE fixed. Rest may be done later this week.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

Last edited by Gamer2020; December 9th, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Spherical Ice

Thank you for reuploading.

Could you make it so that the types loaded by PGE (particularly the Attack Editor) supports added types (so that we're able to edit the amount of types and where the names of the types is located in the INI files)?

It's not urgent, but it would be a lot more convenient for people who have added types such as Fairy, etc.
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
As I have stated to people before it will have to wait till I have time to do it.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip
Old December 15th, 2013, 04:23 AM
supanut2000

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to supanut2000 Send a message via Skype™ to supanut2000
Nice tool!
But, one issue, when I tried to have the tool download external tools like Advance Map, it always comes up with error saying that it had problems.
What's wrong here?
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by supanut2000 View Post
Nice tool!
But, one issue, when I tried to have the tool download external tools like Advance Map, it always comes up with error saying that it had problems.
What's wrong here?
Is it just advance map that won't download?

Old December 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
supanut2000

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to supanut2000 Send a message via Skype™ to supanut2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Is it just advance map that won't download?
All tools that asks for installation, when I click yes for most of them it appears to downloaded the zip file containing the program, but the program itself was never extracted and gives the same error message that they were problems.
Also another issue that I found is that some tools didn't run and give error about comdl32.dll missing from the system (namely FPE).
Old December 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
All tools that asks for installation, when I click yes for most of them it appears to downloaded the zip file containing the program, but the program itself was never extracted and gives the same error message that they were problems.
Also another issue that I found is that some tools didn't run and give error about comdl32.dll missing from the system (namely FPE).
If comdl32.dll is missing, go get it. There are hundreds of tutorials online for how to resolve dll issues.

Paired with Simba
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:41 PM
supanut2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
If comdl32.dll is missing, go get it. There are hundreds of tutorials online for how to resolve dll issues.
Is comdl32.dll supose to be included with Windows?
BTW, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate X64, just for your information.
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:49 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Is comdl32.dll supose to be included with Windows?
BTW, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate X64, just for your information.
https://www.google.com/search?q=comd...m=122&ie=UTF-8

Paired with Simba
Old December 15th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
You should be able to download the dll and put it in the same folder. I started recoding the program for Linux and Windows so I most likely will do away with the program download and installation because not all of them are cross platform.

*Message to everyone*
Here I was coding all day working on a new and better PGE that would work on both Windows and Linux. I get on and see people making me out to be some bad guy. The terms and conditions of PGE are quite clear and it's not my fault people can't follow them. It's also not my fault that people can't check a download link to see that it works, I had already been uploading stuff to a new file-host. My life is way too busy and I have far more important things than making programs for little whinny kids. This is the same behavior that drew HackMew away.

I should have kept PGE to myself like I originally intended. This is the last straw. I will continue to work on PGE but I will not be making any more releases. The current download link will remain for those that want to use it but I will not be updating it. Good bye ROM hackers.

Old December 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
ThomasWinwood

Quote:
Here I was coding all day working on a new and better PGE that would work on both Windows and Linux.
I recently ported YAPE to work on Linux as an experiment. I was at a disadvantage since I only had the decompiled output from MonoDevelop's Assembly Browser rather than the actual handwritten source. 90% of my time was spent fixing a quirk of the decompiler - it transforms indexing and attribute access to method calls which then fail to recompile. The only real change I made was altering some hardcoded paths to use the correct path separator (seriously, people, use System.IO.Path). I cannot believe that it takes that long to make PGE cross-platform.

Quote:
I get on and see people making me out to be some bad guy. The terms and conditions of PGE are quite clear and it's not my fault people can't follow them.
You hide your download links behind abusive adfly sites for personal profit, gripe endlessly about adherence to unenforceable terms of service and generally have no sense of community (i.e. the "little whinny kids" you just insulted). It's the same kind of obnoxious elitism that pervades the Minecraft modding scene; is it any wonder you're not the belle of the ball?
Old December 16th, 2013, 08:42 AM
supanut2000

Regardless of the issues I posted earlier, I forgot to say, this tool is great! I especially love the Pokemon Editor and Attack Editor! The Attack Editor is very useful, I was able to change the stats of attacks, for example changing the accuracy of Horn Drill from 30% to 60%, and increasing its PP from 5 to 15. Keep up the good work!
Old December 16th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasWinwood View Post
I recently ported YAPE to work on Linux as an experiment. I was at a disadvantage since I only had the decompiled output from MonoDevelop's Assembly Browser rather than the actual handwritten source. 90% of my time was spent fixing a quirk of the decompiler - it transforms indexing and attribute access to method calls which then fail to recompile. The only real change I made was altering some hardcoded paths to use the correct path separator (seriously, people, use System.IO.Path). I cannot believe that it takes that long to make PGE cross-platform.

You hide your download links behind abusive adfly sites for personal profit, gripe endlessly about adherence to unenforceable terms of service and generally have no sense of community (i.e. the "little whinny kids" you just insulted). It's the same kind of obnoxious elitism that pervades the Minecraft modding scene; is it any wonder you're not the belle of the ball?
When you recode things from scratch not even looking at the code I already wrote it does take a while. Also I make no profit because I spend more for research purposes.

Quote:
Regardless of the issues I posted earlier, I forgot to say, this tool is great! I especially love the Pokemon Editor and Attack Editor! The Attack Editor is very useful, I was able to change the stats of attacks, for example changing the accuracy of Horn Drill from 30% to 60%, and increasing its PP from 5 to 15. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, glad you enjoy it.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links