The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:21 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 2

Godot's musings broke once he received a message from Lacy.

Quote:
To: Godot
Subject: Just something.

Okay so... I'm going inside this dungeon near the Lone Tree for some materials that I need to finish something that I'm sewing. The monsters inside this dungeon are a higher level than me so I thought that I'd at least let someone know in case something happens.

I have an older sister inside this game. She's very brave and very protective of me. I don't want to tell her name but in case something happens with me and you happen to find her, tell her that she's the best sister in the whole world and that I'm sorry for being so stubborn and getting into this game anyway.

Well then, I'm off! Be good or something...?
Godot was taken aback. There was no way that a message like that wouldn't set him off. It was practically cry for help...or maybe it was all there on the tin, but Godot didn't really see it that way. It was a distraction, and an excuse to help someone- nay, to save someone, was exactly what he needed. Though he did find it odd. It was so painfully casual, and he was rather surprised that Lacy went to Godot as her go to contact. Had he really proven to be that trustworthy?

No, that wasn't it.

It seemed more of a matter of whether he would do what she said rather than whether she could trust him with the task. Under the circumstances that she really did die, he probably wouldn't have done as she said, anyway. He didn't think that doing such a thing would be a kind gesture. It certainly wouldn't have been as effective as Lacy telling her unnamed sister herself. Of course, she probably wouldn't ever do that, but him saying those words to the sister of a dead woman would just create grief and regret.

Upon second thought, Godot realized that such logic was flawed.

After all, it was because the message never reached Kagome that she became unstable. That and because she didn't have an emotional outlet. What was to say that Lacy wouldn't be the same way? What if she transformed into some vengeful monster out to get revenge on the unknown? That certainly wasn't a thought that exhibited sympathy. Still, the point stood that he couldn't simply let her die. Wouldn't that almost be the same as killing her himself, what with the prior knowledge he had? Probably not, but there was no way he would let die and then give her message to her sister knowing full well that he could have prevented the death.

None of it was really up for debate, though. Godot knew full well that he was going the moment he read the message. It wasn't too far off, either. "A cave near the Lone Tree, huh?" Godot said to himself. There were a few of them that he knew of, including the one that contained the "Only Once a Year" quest (though that one was inaccessible). Then again, there wasn't too much of a hurry. Godot had a general idea of where she was and he didn't have too many options. He was just thinking to much. Thinking because thinking was a good distraction from thinking about what he didn't want to think. As such, there was no more need for thinking. He sprinted off towards the dungeon nearest to the tree and hoped he'd picked the right one.

Rise Amagawa||Apathy
Lv. ?||Floor 2

Apathy looked away, biting her lip. Beast being protected by Beauty, that was a twist. "...It's not me who needs protection, it's her. And you, if you get in her way." Apathy placed her hands on Ashley's shoulders. "Which is exactly why I don't want you getting involved in our business. Kagome's...not right. As her sister, it's my duty to..." Apathy stopped. Her words faded to a mumble as the devil appeared not far off in the distance. And she was looking directly at Apathy. She also had a little girl with her. A girl from the daycare, perhaps? Apathy thought to herself.

Apathy looked at Ashley and said, "I lo-" Still no good. "I larva you, Ashley, and I hope you understand this." Kagome stepped ever closer. "But I don't want you to get hurt. I don't even know if there's a conscience in there anymore." Kagome stopped in front of the two. It was quite surprising to Apathy that Kagome would seek her out and not the other way around. Until then, Kagome'd been intentionally avoiding her. Now, here she was, though from her stern expression it was difficult to tell exactly why she was there. It was a bad sign, no doubt, but the fact that Kagome came to Apathy, and in a town no less, was almost reassuring. Not reassuring enough that she could calm herself, however.

Kagome stood before Apathy. Though her expression previously seemed to be a stern one, it seemed that she was in between emotions, as if she were struggling to maintain one but was being overcome by another. She hadn't said anything for the first few moments, but then she finally did speak. "They found the boss. I trust that you'll be there, and if you are, we'll settle things there." That seemed to be all she had to say, as after she said it, she started to walk past Apathy, a confused Tara still clinging to Kagome's leg.

Apathy looked at the ground, wondering why Kagome would say what she did. Why would she expect Apathy to fight the boss? She didn’t fight the last one and she hadn't considered fighting the new one. It must have been an invitation, but she still didn't understand why they couldn't just settle things somewhere outside the town. Surely Kagome wasn't trying to make things more dramatic for the sake of drama. If she was...

Apathy darted backwards towards Kagome and when she caught up with her, she grabbed onto her arm, saying "Wait." in C minor. Kagome stopped. "Why can't we just settle this now? No need to..." Apathy's voice drowned into silence as she noticed the well of water threatening to fall from her sister's right eye. Still, Kagome didn't make eye contact, looking forward as if she were waiting for Apathy to let go of her, and once she did, Kagome left the area.

Rise stood motionless for a few moments before swaying back to Ashley, feeling a twinge of emotion, herself. "I-" She coughed hard into her hand. "I need..." Once more. "I need to..." What Apathy was hoping for didn't seem to be happening. "I need to kill...no, I need to evolve from Apathy. I created her so that I wouldn't have to deal with the pain of...well, you know. But..." She looked in the direction that her sister exited to. "...Kagome's struggling. She's not sure what her true feelings are, but if she's going to discover her true feelings then I need to as well. I need to be true to myself...be true to Rise." Promptly after saying that, Apathy's face reddened. "...which is why I need your help. See...I'm only level 10. I really need to level up or else I won't survive even if Kagome isn't my enemy in the boss room."

Last edited by machomuu; March 7th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old March 7th, 2014, 09:27 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 14 | XP 70% | Col 9417
Location - Floor 2: Urbus

"I have no idea where to get a mask...” Lucina said. “Plus getting a mask would make me look like some game character in the real world which I'm trying to avoid. Also, I would need some chest binders because well... you know why and I have no idea where to get those either." Turnip raised an eyebrow, slightly confused at Lucina’s response, then laughed as memory returned to him.

“Trying to get off the bandwagon of cosplayer accusations, right? And, uh, no, I don’t really know what you’re talking about, but still – if you’re all that worried about it, I’d be happy to advise. I seem to have been somewhat successful.” The armoured figure leaned back in his seat and shrugged. “It’s your choice at the end of the day, though, Adam. Truthfully I’m not sure why gender of all things is your main concern, but perhaps that’s just me being naïve in that respect. I suppose the most important thing is to be comfortable in your disguise.” Turnip smiled. “You seem to be pretty comfortable in that hood, so I wouldn’t change it just for argument’s sake. Just keep an eye-out, right?”

Robin arrived at the table, bringing news of impending food. He too was a fan of wearing hoods, it seemed, even indoors as it was.

"The food should be here soon. Just so you don't accidentally take my food or anyone elses, I ordered ramen," He turned to Turnip, handing him the col he’d given Robin earlier. "I'm paying my debt to your assistance yesterday, so your col isn't necessary." Turnip took the col back graciously, smirking slightly up at the white-haired swordsman.

“Politeness at its best, and you didn’t stutter once. Soon you will learn the ways of speaking normally.” He changed the subject quickly in the hopes of avoiding what would probably be an irate response. “So, you guys heard they found the boss room this morning?”

Old March 12th, 2014, 03:39 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire

Lacy
Player level 13
Floor 2: Urbus

Lacy continued her search for that one «Golden Tauros». Thinking about it, the last feew «Tauros» that she slayered didn't gave her the «Iron» that she was searching for. Lacy looked at her HP bar and decided that a potion would be highly recommended right now. She used it on her and her HP bar was back to 100% is no time. "Now... How am I gonna do this..." Lacy whispered to herself as she hid for another Tauros.

She took a glance at her sword arts and saw that the sword art that she used earlier was out of the cooldown zone, meaning she could use it again. "Here goes nothing~" She held her sword next to her head and started running for the «Tauros» when it took an orchid purple glow. "Orchid uppercut!" She shouted as the «Tauros» turned around. She stabbed him three times before doing an amazing uppercut.

Lacy was amazed by her own skills seeing as she had gotten a little better in this. She grinned as she avoided the hammer of the «Tauros» and did an uppsercut again, without sword art this time though. The HP bar of the «Tauros» dropped steadily until he dissapeared. Lacy sat down on the ground and panted. Her chest felt like it was about to burst but once she kept taking breaths in and out it started to feel better. She stood up and searched around her for another Tauros until her eyes stumbled onto something... "Is that...?" She got near it and picked it up. It was the piece of «Iron» that she was searching for.

"YES!" She yelled. Her voice started to echo and Lacy realized what she had done. She had read in the guide that she got in the beginning of the game that some monsters in Sword Art Online are very sensitive to noises. Lacy heard a very loud growl that shaked the whole cave. "Oh gods..."

-------

«Cloak of courage» [Not finished] [Unequipable]
«Hair dye: Violet» [not used]

Lucina
Player level 16

“Trying to get off the bandwagon of cosplayer accusations, right? And, uh, no, I don’t really know what you’re talking about, but still – if you’re all that worried about it, I’d be happy to advise. I seem to have been somewhat successful.” Turnip spoke. “It’s your choice at the end of the day, though, Adam. Truthfully I’m not sure why gender of all things is your main concern, but perhaps that’s just me being naïve in that respect. I suppose the most important thing is to be comfortable in your disguise.” Lucina could sense that Turnip was smiling despite not being able to see it. Maybe it was his voice that sounded a bit happier. “You seem to be pretty comfortable in that hood, so I wouldn’t change it just for argument’s sake. Just keep an eye-out, right?” Turnip finished. Lucina thought for a little before she answered.

"A lot of guys here think that girls can't fight or are at least weaker than the male players. They try saving the female race as much as they can because they think we can't handle fights. I don't want to be the damsel in distress. I can handle my own fights..." Lucina replied. That made her remember what happened last time when she met the gang member that was the causer of the scar on her back. She completely froze in fear but that wasn't because she was weak... it was merely a trauma that she had to deal with.

"The food should be here soon. Just so you don't accidentally take my food or anyone elses, I ordered ramen," Robin comes back and explains shortly. Lucina raised an eyebrow since it sounded like he was suspecting them of theft. Just before Lucina could say something about it, Robin trew a small bag with col back to Turnip. "I'm paying my debt to your assistance yesterday, so your col isn't necessary." Robin said before looking back at the counter. Lucina wanted to ask what he ordered for her but instead she asked something else.

"If you're paying your debt to Turnip for yesterday then why are you paying for me?" Lucina asked him. "I feel like I'm more in debt with you than you are with me. In fact, you are not in debt with me." Lucina crossed her arms, not in a hostile way though.

------
«Lucina's white dress» [unequipped]
«Falchion» [equipped]
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell

Last edited by PinkSapphire; March 12th, 2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:47 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely

Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade
Level: 13

Maria sighed and panted looking at her health bar and then to the Salamander warriors in front of her. I only have 10 health left, and no potions she held her daggers loosely in her hands as she stared at the six monsters in front of her. I'm not going to make it out of this she sighed again and opened her menu. but I have to let Poseidon and Zeus know I say goodbye...and Ryuusa so he knows why I don't show up for work

She jumped back dodging an attack from one of her enemies as she opened her inbox to send a message.

Quote:
To: Poseidon, Ryuusa, Zeus
Subject: I'm Sorry, Goodbye

I'm sending this message to say goodbye. I went near the dungeon alone and have been overpowered by monsters. Poseidon, Zeus...I'm sorry for sneaking off, and Ryuusa I'm sorry for not being able to work. But its okay, because this means this horror is over for me...and I get to be with my brother again, and with Psyche. Don't give up...and keep fighting.

Goodbye, Maria Renee {Princess}
Maria hit send and closed her inbox tears in her eyes as she looked at the monsters before her. "Je suis libre" she whispered as the monsters closed in and all went black.

Maria opened her eyes to see bright sunlight above her, feeling grass beneath her. Sitting up slowly she saw a figure step into her view, blurry at first but when it became clear a grin formed on her face. "Phillip!" she jumped to her feet and ran to her older brother hugging him tight.

"Bienvenue à la maison petite soeur."

Old 4 Weeks Ago, 09:52 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Nature: Bashful
[CENTER]

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 2: Urbus Restaurant
HP: 68% - EXP: 2% - Col: 661

It wasn't quiet that long, as it seems Turnip likes being chatty, & annoying, "Politeness at its best, and you didn’t stutter once. Soon you will learn the ways of speaking normally." Before Robin could get a word in that he sees it as business talk, Turnip changes the subject. He must not want a lecture from Robin. He's not good giving lectures anyway, "So, you guys heard they found the boss room this morning?" That...didn't even need to be asked.

"Yes," Robin answers, then leaves it at that. Turnip didn't ask anything more, right? Next was Lucina to speak.

"If you're paying your debt to Turnip for yesterday then why are you paying for me?" It's strange how she's not asking about the assistance yesterday. It doesn't matter to Robin if she asks him or not. He's not keeping any secrets... "I feel like I'm more in debt with you than you are with me. In fact, you are not in debt with me." That is true...

Robin remains silent for a few breaths, thinking. She does have a point. So in that case... "You're right. You can pay for your own food then," he answers bluntly. If they were gonna laugh, they shouldn't. He turns to Lucina with the hood over his head, his eyes barely visible but showing, well, not much, "That was not intended to be a joke." Robin didn't say anything else after that. Well, not yet.

Robin looks away to examine the things around him, "It's fine, I don't mind paying. It's not real money anyway." As they continued bickering with each other, a waitress comes & hands everyone their dish: Turnip's two bacon buns, Lucina's quesadilla, & Robin's ramen, plus three hot cocoas for each. Robin stares at the ramen, looking nostalgic. It almost smells like home, yet home seems so far away...it hurts a little.

Enough reminiscing, it was time to eat. Robin nods & takes the chopsticks offered with the ramen, clasping some noodles between the chopsticks & quietly slurping it down his mouth. It almost does taste like home...

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with PinkSapphire
~Dia+PS~
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 11:16 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.7 > 8
Lone Tree Dungeon
In store: Floor 1 - Kouki, Floor 2 - Closed (Special Item: Berserk Ring / 2000 col)

Rikuto gasped for air, his breathing ragged after the intense battle he’d somehow managed to emerge victorious from. The shopkeeper stood within the dungeon by the Lone Tree, fittingly enough, alone. He looked up at the screen that announced his increase in level, then to his health which, despite having blocked every single one of the Tauros’ attacks, was missing well over a third from the bits of damage that made it through the shield with each hit. Until his strength parameter increased, he wouldn’t be able to hold the shield firmly enough to block all the damage from something like that.

He should have known better than to battle something almost twice his level, but he needed something on which to test his newly improved shield that was at the level he’d expect the majority of players to currently be, and the fact that he was still alive was proof that he was successful. Sitting down, Rikuto looked at his shield’s remaining durability. 62%... better than I thought it’d be after such a long fight. His plan was to go in and fight until his health hit 50%, then run away. He never actually expected to win any fights, though.

After taking a potion and repairing his shield, Rikuto made way for the shop. He didn’t exactly have much else to do, so maybe he could open the shop today after all. However, he was stopped by a message that appeared in his inbox. From Princess? Heh, maybe she’s already feeling better! Rikuto opened the message with a grin, excited to hear from her after what had happened last night. Upon reading the final words, he froze, grin still plastered on his face as if his face had yet to understand. Despite the various sounds of battle and monsters that filled the dungeon, he only heard silence. Slowly his face warped into a look of horror.

All of a sudden, Rikuto began feeling dizzy. He was forced to rush to the nearest wall to support himself, but still slowly sunk to his knees once there. There was no way she could be dead, right? She was strong and had a lot of people to protect her… Tears abruptly began streaming down his trembling face. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist before slamming it against the wall repeatedly. He was quite tempted to shout in anger, but sense took control and he bit his tongue to quell his urge.

Rikuto sat against the wall now, head clutched between his hands, but otherwise unmoving. It seemed impossible, but he knew it was more than likely in this world. The bigger question was why he’d reacted in such a manner. He thought back to his grandfather’s funeral a couple years ago. He loved the man deeply, and without his wisdom Rikuto might not be the man he is today. However, he didn’t shed a single tear at the funeral. Sure, he felt the knot in his throat and the subsequent bittersweet feeling when he reflected on their time together, but that was as far as it went. He’d only known Princess for a few days, and had only really met with her four or five times. Regardless, a cloud of despair yet hung over him.

Time calmed him a little, but he didn’t get a chance to dwell in his thoughts very long as they were interrupted by the sound of a young girl shouting “YES!” followed by a loud growl that reverberated throughout the cavernous dungeon. Before he even realized it, Rikuto was on his feet, running to the scene. He wasn’t supposed to be the hero-type, especially not in a place like this, and especially at his level, yet he pressed on. A part of him was tempted to say, "The shield works perfectly, so I'll be fine!"

The girl responsible was a blonde-haired teenager who didn’t quite look combat ready from her present lack of stance or armor. Lacy, level 13. Reason creeped back into Rikuto’s brain, begging him to ignore her and leave this dungeon, but something he couldn’t quite explain drew him towards her. Maybe he thought saving someone else would make him feel better about Princess. He stood in front of Lacy and faced in the direction of what would inevitably be an enemy. His knees bent forward in a firm, low stance, and he lifted his shield expectantly. His partisan rested in his right hand, ready to perform Thunder Burst if it became necessary. Just for good measure, he pulled up his inventory where selected a defense boosting potion that Xenith had given him for Christmas yesterday and drank it quickly. “You should run,” he told Lacy, sounding almost angry. “My help won’t be enough for you to beat whatever this is, but I can definitely take some hits while you get away.” With a +6 large shield, a full suit of heavy armor (minus the helmet), and a defense boost, he probably wasn't lying.

As Rikuto stood there waiting for his opponent to arrive, his mind wandered back to the time Princess had been attacked by PKers. He’d almost forgotten what he felt as he charged to the scene to rescue her. It was during that incident when he realized he was treating her like a daughter. He tried to detach himself, but he failed miserably. Maybe he wasn’t really trying, and that led to this. He couldn’t even imagine what he’d do if his actual daughter were...He tore his mind away from that dark place. Maybe it was a good thing he hadn’t gotten to spend that much time with Princess. What an awful way to think, but did that make it any less true?

Selfish… Princess had chosen him as one of the only three to tell of her death. Regardless of how he felt about her, she cared enough about him to choose him. Maybe it was just as her employer, but Rikuto was pretty sure he didn’t care about his boss enough to think about him during his last moments. He started to recall what Xenith had told him the previous night. You need to remember that she’s just your employee, nothing more…Nothing more, huh? No, it was definitely more than that. He let out a deep sigh as he stood in a defensive stance, hoping that he wasn't making a big, emotional mistake.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 10:02 AM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 37% Exp - 2900 Col
Ragnorak the Fearsome Fighter: Level 15 - 07% Exp - 3200 Col
Of Dungeons Not that kind! and Assisting Fair Maidens

The pair of adventurers stood with their backs to the trees, arms crossed, faces grim. As goofy and awkward as they were, it was hard to believe that they weren't cracking up or doing something immature, especially now that they were next to each other. The pair of best friend-bard-brothers in arms-traveling companions were master pranksters LIES and hyper-active warriors. It was a wonder that they were not dead yet.

Ragnorak whispered, "Taka...I'm bored. Can we stop doing this ridiculous pose?" His bright blue eyes shifted to the Bard.

Taka, after a moment of thinking, nodded. "That we can." The pair uncrossed their arms and shook out their stiff arms. They had been standing in that pose for ten minutes or so. "I'm bored too. Shall we make our way to the dungeon?" The lion-maned poet turned to his friend.

"I think that sounds delightful, Taka, my lad." With that, they drew their weapons and bounded off in the distance.

As they bounded, Taka began to compose a song in his head. He had been working on it ever since he had been on Urbus.

The battle's won the foes are hewed, Heroes and sidekicks all the same took part in this royale,
We won the fight together, The boss room we assailed,
Now let me tell you tale, One of exploration and the villain's fail.
The boss, a massive kobold, named Ilfang the Kobold Lord,
Summoned tons of minions to challenge the players' swords.
The brave and mighty warriors of the day rushed forward to meet the foe, to keep the evil at bay.
We fought, we smashed, we showed our fangs to show we aren't afraid.
The Lord was smashing all our attempts to draw his vile goo, (Meaning blood)
All hope was lost, our best had failed, with no one left to fight.
But neigh! a warrior rose! A phoenix then did flew!
The phoenix destroyed everything around it, but nobody payed it mind!
The strongest of all the warriors rose up to break the bind.
In the end a mighty warrioress rose up to the challenge,
She drove her mighty blade into Ilfang's chest!
Now the warriors fight on, ninety-nine floors to go,
There's no need to tarry, come on! Tally ho!

The next thing Taka new, they were standing at the entrance of the dungeon. Ragnorak looked over at him and grinned. "You ready to do this? We must be ready. These foes are no push-overs.

Taka nodded as they waltzed in. It seemed that the room they entered into was relatively empty. Taka began to explore, Ragnorak close behind him, skirting their way around the collection of Tauros herds. After a few moments of searching he heard a loud cry throughout the cavern. "YES!" The cry was soon followed by a cave-shaking growl.

"Taka, should we go toward the voice?" The red-head seemed intent on following his younger companion.

Taka thought for a moment. The voice sounds effeminate..Most likely a girl. "It's a maiden, Ragnorak, my friend. We must go help her! Tally ho!" He hefted Poetic Justice and broke off at full sprint, his ally right behind him. Upon discovering the source of the voice, they found a smart-looking man, a business man most likely, and a blonde girl, probably the source of the YES. Taka and Ragnorak approached them both, massive weapons at the ready. "M'lady, m'lord, it seems as if you've awoken a beast." Taka referenced to the source of the noise. "If you need any assistance, my comrade and I would love to assist." Before they could answer, he grinned and continued. "You'll be receiving our help anyway." He faced the girl, "M'lady, I am Taka the Lovable Poet, and my comrade here is Ragnorak the Red," And now turned to face the businessman. "And the same greetings to you, m'lord. Now, let's slay some monster!" The pair turned to face the direction the growl came from, weapons brandished. Sometimes it was hard to believe they were teenagers.

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."

Last edited by <Challenger>; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:33 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 06:06 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Lacy
Player level 13

As soon as the loud growl had shaken the whole cave, one man ran towards her and bend on his knees behind his shield. Lacy was surprised by the fact that she wasn't the only one in here but more surprised by how quickly he was in front of her. “You should run,” the man spoke with a voice that sounded almost angry. “My help won’t be enough for you to beat whatever this is, but I can definitely take some hits while you get away.” He finished. Lacy couldn't believe what she just heard. He was ordering her to leave while this monster was exactly the monster she was searching for. The item he was going to drop once he was finished was the last item she needed to finish her cloak. It was also a very rare item and couldn't be found just anywhere.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not able to leave." Lacy said with a gentle yet soothing voice. "I need something and that monster has it." She said before almost running off. Two other men came much to Lacy's annoyance. She suddenly understood why her sister wanted a male character for this game. "M'lady, m'lord, it seems as if you've awoken a beast." The first man spoke. Lacy knew what was going to come next. They were probably going to tell her to leave the dungeon while they would take care of the beast. Though, while Lacy kept listening she heard something that was quite the opposite of what she thought they would say.

"If you need any assistance, my comrade and I would love to assist." Before Lacy or the man with the shield could even answer, he grinned and continued. "You'll be receiving our help anyway." He faced Lacy first before facing the man with the shield. "M'lady, I am Taka the Lovable Poet, and my comrade here is Ragnorak the Red and the same greetings to you, m'lord. Now, let's slay some monster!" The man, Taka was his name, cheered.

"Yeah! That's what I wanted to hear!" Lacy said while clenching her right fist in front of her. To be honest, Lacy could use some help here. "My name is Lacy and the monster that we just heard is probably the «Golden Tauros». That monster has an item that I want. It's quite rare and I'm positive that he'll drop it once he's finished." Lacy explained.

-------

Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 11:12 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 2

Godot's sprinting came to a halt upon entering the cave as he was rocked by a blustering roar. "Holy crap..." Godot tried his best not to crack a smile. "...I have to hurry." Even as the cave rumbled, Godot sped his way towards Lacy. He found it difficult not to get excited. The professor from "Only Once a Year", the Silver Salmon, and even the first floor's boss...he was practically powerless to stop himself from fighting them all. His excitement would overcome his rationale every time.

Godot's advance was met with little resistance. It seemed as if the monsters had already been cut down to size, making his path an unbarricaded one. it wasn't long before he found the suicidal blonde. Godot skidded to a halt and said, "Sorry to keep you wai-" He stopped himself. "...Wow, that really does make me sound like a...I can see why Rise doesn't like me saying it." He then noticed a familiar face out of the corner of his eye. "...Wait a minute, Taka? What are you doing here?" He scanned the room further. "Ryuusei, too?" He thought that was his name, at least, that was his name, at least. They'd only met once quite some time ago. He was surprised he remembered him, he wasn't the best when it came to names of people he'd only briefly met, though. He was in the same guild as Princess.

"Heh, I guess this is some sorta reunion, huh? I'm surprised to see you two here." Godot felt a strong rumble and unsheathed Mammon's Fang "I won't ask you why you're here, but," Godot turned to Lacy. "I'm not going to let you throw your life away. I know the effects of losing a sibling all too well, and I know even more the effects it has on a person. You clearly have too much to live for to be carelessly giving yourself up like this." He used his sword to point into the depths of the cave. "But if that thing down there is so important that you would go in there fully knowing that you'll die..." Godot smiled. "...Then for the next 30 minutes, my life is yours."

Godot turned to the others. "I'm not sure why you guys are here, but I'm counting on you. I don't know much about this boss, but if you don't think you can handle it then I suggest you leave. It's Christmas, and I think those close to you wouldn't much appreciate having your death be their Christmas present."
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:59 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.8
Lone Tree Dungeon
In store: Floor 1 - Kouki, Floor 2 - Closed (Special Item: Berserk Ring / 2000 col)

Rikuto raised an eyebrow at Lacy’s response. “Need it or not, you don’t exactly seem ready to solo a quest boss.” He replied in an stern and slightly irritated tone. He wasn’t in a good mood, and her bravado wasn’t making it any better. Apparently she was too old for his sweet fatherly side to subconsciously surface and override his current mood as it always did with Princess. “The plan was for you to run while my armored self distracted it, then once you were gone I would run. Then everybody lives, and that’s a good thing. Like I said, you won’t beat this thing with just my help.”

It seemed that the universe was intent on undermining him as they were suddenly interrupted by two young men who seemed entirely immersed in their in-game personas. The bombastic warriors were quick to offer their assistance, which Lacy gladly accepted. The turn of events took a moment to register in Rikuto’s mind, but once it did he breathed a sigh of relief. Now he had no reason to stay in this dungeon any longer and he could comfortably return to the store like he wanted to in the first place. “Guess you won’t be soloing a quest boss anymore, so I’ll be-,” he started to tell Lacy as he took a step towards the exit, but a person in that direction coming their way caused him to freeze in his tracks.

Godot rushed to the scene, apparently having come here for Lacy. The connection was unexpected, to say the least, and not really something Rikuto really wanted to deal with right now. However, Godot did almost die in an effort to save Princess’ life so he probably deserved to know. A practiced “business” smile now adorned Rikuto’s face as he turned back to the group, which now included Godot. It would appear that he remembered him from their last meeting, albeit as “Ryuusei”, but it was close enough considering the briefness of their interaction. He didn’t bother correcting him for now.

He spoke to Lacy about death, threatening to stir Rikuto’s own emotions, but fortunately he was successful in keeping calm. Honestly, he’d forgotten it was still Christmas. In Japan it was usually only Christmas Eve that mattered. In fact, if it hadn’t been for the boss room being discovered, it would be a normal day for the store. He supposed that his lack of emotional attachment to the day itself was a good thing, though, as the death of someone important to him would make an awful Christmas present.

Rikuto looked to everyone this time and revoked his last statement. “On second thought, I figure this shield needs a little more testing out.” With those words, Rikuto moved to the front of the group, reassuming his battle stance with his shield out and ready to defend. Once this battle was over with, he would tell Godot of Princess’ death, since he didn’t want to risk the reckless man’s mental clarity during this fight. Also, with him being the only one present who knew, the situation around him was a good way to get his mind off the young girl for a little while.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:45 PM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 37% Exp - 2900 Col
Ragnorak the Fearsome Fighter: Level 15 - 07% Exp - 3200 Col
Of Quest Bosses, Old Friends, and Fearsome Appetites

Taka grinned when the young lady responded positively to his offer of help. "Yeah! That's what I wanted to hear! My name is Lacy and the monster that we just heard is probably the «Golden Tauros». That monster has an item that I want. It's quite rare and I'm positive that he'll drop it once he's finished."

Taka grinned at the thought. "Golden...Quite nice. His head shall make a good mount for my wall!"

Ragnorak grinned as he spun the Star of the North in his hands. "He sounds like a beast worthy of a king!"

The pair turned to each other and bumped fists. Taka hefted Poetic Justice into the air. The blade was heavy. The only reason Taka could wield it was his high two-handed ability. His strength parameter would have to increase soon, anyways. "Let's slay some beast!" He twirled his sword a bit. A moment away from a dramatic speech, he heard a familiar voice.

"Sorry to keep you wai-" The voice gave off a tone of realization. "...Wow, that really does make me sound like a...I can see why Rise doesn't like me saying it....Wait a minute, Taka? What are you doing here? Ryuusei, too? Heh, I guess this is some sorta reunion, huh? I'm surprised to see you two here!"

Taka turned to find a familiar face. "Godot!" He glanced at Ragnorak. "This is one of my fine comrades from the boss battle that I was telling you about! He was the one that was flying and such!"

Ragnorak smiled at the new arrival. "I see. Good to meet you, Godot. I'm Ragnorak." The red-haired viking clasped a fist to his heart and smiled, a warrior's greeting.

"I won't ask you why you're here," The newly arrived Godot turned to Lacy. "I'm not going to let you throw your life away. I know the effects of losing a sibling all too well, and I know even more the effects it has on a person. You clearly have too much to live for to be carelessly giving yourself up like this. But if that thing down there is so important that you would go in there fully knowing that you'll die..." Godot...seemed to smile at the girl. Perhaps she was taking this suicide mission alone on purpose? "...Then for the next 30 minutes, my life is yours."

With that he turned back to Taka, Ragnorak, and the Ryuusei fellow. "I'm not sure why you guys are here, but I'm counting on you. I don't know much about this boss, but if you don't think you can handle it then I suggest you leave. It's Christmas, and I think those close to you wouldn't much appreciate having your death be their Christmas present."

Ryuusei seemed to become a little bolder and moved to the front of the group. “On second thought, I figure this shield needs a little more testing out.”

Taka burst out laughing when Godot said for them to leave. "Godot, my friend, you must understand. If this were a kitchen, I would be the heat! That monster will be the one leaving tonight!"

Ragnorak gave a sly grin. "We know our way around the battlefield." Another fist bump.

Taka smiled brightly at his companions. "I dislike to toot my own metaphorical horn, but we took down Ilfang! We can take on the world!" He twirled his over-sized blade a bit more and took a position on Ryuusei's right side and grinned. "Just make sure you can keep up with us!"

Ragnorak took a position on the left. "I must agree. Besides, that thing doesn't know what he has coming to it!" The massive battle-axe was gripped a bit tighter. He looked over to Godot and asked in a 'I know you're dangerous, but I'm poking at you,' voice, "You sure that tiny little blade is gonna do any good against that thing?"

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 05:45 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Lacy
Player level 14

As Lucy had explained why she had come here, Take replied with something that made her chuckle. "Golden...Quite nice. His head shall make a good mount for my wall!". Ragnorak grinned "He sounds like a beast worthy of a king!". "Just remember that the «Golden Thread» is mine. It's hard to get one of those." Lacy was about to resume walking until she heard a voice that was rather familiar to her. In fact, it was the voice that belonged to someone who she had spend her evening with.

"Sorry to keep you wai-" The voice said. "...Wow, that really does make me sound like a...I can see why Rise doesn't like me saying it....Wait a minute, Taka? What are you doing here? Ryuusei, too? Heh, I guess this is some sorta reunion, huh? I'm surprised to see you two here!" Godot said after he had taken a look around. So he knew these people?

Take seemed rather glad to see him. Of course he would if they were friends. "This is one of my fine comrades from the boss battle that I was telling you about! He was the one that was flying and such!" Take turned to the red haired man. Lacy widened her eyes and laughed. "Flying and such? That doesn't sound like you at all." Lacy tried to speak through her laughing.

"I won't ask you why you're here," Godot said to the guys before turning to the blonde girl. "I'm not going to let you throw your life away. I know the effects of losing a sibling all too well, and I know even more the effects it has on a person. You clearly have too much to live for to be carelessly giving yourself up like this. But if that thing down there is so important that you would go in there fully knowing that you'll die..." Lacy was surprised hearing this even though he wasn't finished. He seemed to be smiling at her for a second. "...Then for the next 30 minutes, my life is yours." Lacy smiled back. "... Thank you." She replied.

"I'm not sure why you guys are here, but I'm counting on you. I don't know much about this boss, but if you don't think you can handle it then I suggest you leave. It's Christmas, and I think those close to you wouldn't much appreciate having your death be their Christmas present." Godot said to the others. The business man jumped in and said that his shield needed more testing, this probably meant he was going to join them which made Lacy even happier. This quest boss monster had no change to the five of them!

Taka suddenly bursted out laughing. "Godot, my friend, you must understand. If this were a kitchen, I would be the heat! That monster will be the one leaving tonight!" Ragnarok grinned, "We know our way around the battlefield." The two of them fistbumped. Lacy figured that they were probably pretty good friends.

While their conversation continued, Lacy thought back at the time when her sister and her were still that close to each other. They did everything together until she finished high school and when Lacy started working part-time. Then something crossed her mind.

"You sure that tiny little blade is gonna do any good against that thing?" Lacy heard Ragnarok say to Godot before she shouted something out. "Oh my gosh! It's Patricia's 18th birthday in three weeks!" She seemed rather surprised but also started stressing. "How am I supposed to get her a present?! How can I even give it to her when I don't have any idea where she is?!" Lacy looked at her hands before noticing that everything she said right now wasn't what she thought... but actually said.

"Sorry... birthday drama... just ignore that." Lacy said with an awkward smile. Stressing about it right now wasn't the smartest thing to do and thinking about it right now was even more stupid.

"Thanks guys for helping me out like this. I probably wouldn't be able to beat it by myself. If you're gonna ask why I was here all alone then my answer will be simple..." Lacy paused. "That item is that important to me. The armor I can make from it will serve me very well. This game is my only chance to show my sister that I'm capable of taking care of myself and I want to take that chance." Lacy smiled at the men in front of her.

"Now, let's go kill that beast!" Lacy cheered and started walking in the direction that the growl originated from.

-------

Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:24 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 14||Floor 2

"Tiny little blade?" Godot looked down at Mammon's Fang. "I've only ever used Heavy Swords in other ARPGs, I hadn't even considered them for SAO. And now that you mention it...I have had this sword for a long time. Heck, I haven't even forged it to make it stronger or gotten a new sword in a while." He tilted his head just slightly. "Maybe it's time that I did..." He turned his attention to Lacy, who seemed to be agonizing over her sister's birthday that wasn't too far off, promptly heading for the enemy not long afterwards.

Godot didn't waste any time. Following Lacy's lead, Godot sprinted towards the enemy...only realizing just before he reached it exactly what the enemy was. Or rather, what the enemy wasn't. Or rather, the fact that he had absolutely no idea what he was going to be fighting. Of course, even if he knew it probably wouldn't have changed anything, but he still wasn't sure as to whether he was prepared or not. Not only was his Meister's Soul still incapable of doing what made it unique, but he'd just gotten back from fighting a monster large enough to compete for a spot in Shadow of the Colossus. A sandwich would have been nice. Or maybe some type of cold beverage. That's what he told himself all in the matter of a couple of seconds. But it wasn't by any means a matter of fear. His fatigue was the last of his worries, and what he was fighting only crossed his mind for a couple of moments. The surprise was a part of the thrill.

But his logic wasn't borked, and he wasn't transformed into some irrational monster with a fetish for battle. His excitement simply got the best of him, and that was all there was to it. It was definitely a more violent process than usual, probably because of his desire to think about something other than his current situation. It wouldn't have been wrong to say that his rationale was slightly out of whack, his thinking wasn't completely straight, but he did have a purpose for fighting the beast. That purpose was Lacy. Or her sister, Patricia. They could have just been excuses, but even if they were, they counted as reason enough.

And yet, he found himself wondering why he was thinking so much, even in the the face of a boss reveal. Why was he thinking about my condition. Why was he trying to rationalize my actions. It was all unconscious, and yet, it felt more on the forefront of his mind than it originally had. He then started to wonder when he was going to reach the boss. Why hadn't he reached the boss yet? What was Kagome up to? It sure was taking a long time. How long had he been running? Maybe he should have stayed with Rise. Why did he feel so light headed?

...Why DID he feel so light headed? In fact, it barely felt as if he was running anymore, but he was overcome by a surreal feeling that came close to sleepiness. He couldn't feel his feet crashing into the ground with each step. There was no sensation of wind as there had previously been. His vision was blurring, and all he could feel was the quickening throbbing of his heart. His mind was throwing more and more questions at him faster and faster, to the point that he was barely able to maintain his grip on sanity.

Godot finally reached a creature. It was a Tauros, a larger golden one. It didn't matter if it was unique or even if it was the monster that Lacy was looking for; Godot just wanted it dead. The Tauros let out a booming roar, but Godot was undettered. He simply smiled and persisted in his sprint. The monster side swiped with his weapon, but Godot had no intention of dodging. His sword shone bright, with a leap, Godot unleashed a Dive Flurry. 4 of the seven strikes landed on the chest of the beast, but it hardly seemed deterred. The Tauros took advantage of Godot's vulnerability and punched him. Hard. Godot was sent spiraling in another direction, landing between some debris that had "cushioned" his fall. There was no gasp from Godot's side, he simply laughed and made to rise again.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:43 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.8
Lone Tree Dungeon

Rikuto watched as Taka and Ragnorak took positions beside him. He was glad to see that the group was going in with a plan. The mood lifted once Lacy began ranting about her sister’s birthday, something which, despite his chuckle in response, he didn’t pay too much attention to with his mind on the monster that would no doubt severely outlevel him. Ready to proceed, he stepped forward with caution. He tried to stay at the head of the group, so he could take a blow from a surprise attack or anything else that could happen. However, Godot didn’t seem to agree with him, instead deciding to recklessly dash in first. So much for having a plan.

“Damn it, Godot!” cried Rikuto as he rushed in after him as fast as he could while keeping his shield up. He couldn’t let Godot get himself killed too. In fact, Godot was the entire reason Rikuto was still here, making it that much more important the man stay alive. When Rikuto caught up, he saw Godot on the ground, clearly having been hit and trying to get up. Strangely enough, he was laughing. Rikuto would have likened it to a psycho from some anime, but honestly Godot’s face didn’t look crazed or anything. He rushed in between Godot and the giant golden beast, planting his feet in a firm, defensive stance.

“Stay behind me until the others get here,” Rikuto said firmly, not happy with the way Godot was acting. There was a brief pause before he said something else. “You can’t just give a speech about not being suicidal, then act suicidal. Besides, I wanna talk to you after this and obviously I can’t do it if your kamikaze moves get you killed. You pulled this sort of thing when you went to save Princess, too.” He stopped himself, partially at the mention of Princess but mostly upon noticing how casual of a tone he’d taken with Godot. It struck him that he hadn’t really talked to anyone in the game outside of a business setting. “Sorry,” he apologized after a short, exasperated sigh. “Just-”

He didn’t get time to say anything more before a hammer plowed into his shield, pushing him back so hard that his feet even lifted off the ground momentarily despite the combined weight of his armor and shield. Fortunately, he managed to land right back into his stance, but he kept in mind to watch out for any combos that could take advantage of the time it took him to recover from the recoil. He wasn’t sure if he could have taken that hit nearly as well as he did without Xenith’s potion, so he would have to remember to thank her later.

The Golden Tauros followed up with a downward slam, something Rikuto wasn’t sure even he would be able to block without losing a chunk of his health, so he hopped backwards instead. The huge block of metal slammed into the ground and shook the area around it, forcing Rikuto out of his stance. The creature didn’t miss a beat, going straight for a punch instead of wasting time lifting the hammer. Rikuto quickly spun his body to get his shield in place, knowing he wouldn’t be able to lift it normally in time, and managed to get most of it in the way of the attack before it hit. But, without any real, solid stance, this hit sent him flying. He was knocked to the ground, much like Godot had been when he had arrived. Rikuto’s mind screamed for him to get back into his stance as the Tauros began to move again. The first thing to come up was Rikuto’s shield, followed by his torso, leaving him in a kneeling position with one knee on the ground and his shield propped up against his shoulder to defend from whatever came next.
Old 4 Hours Ago, 06:56 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Kagome and Tara
Lv. 15||Floor 2

Still confused from the previous encounter, Tara trailed behind Kagome. She wasn't able to get a read on Kagome, but her stony expression made her reluctant to speak. She’d thought that Kagome had opened up to her, but it seemed the encounter locked her down in a way that only a skeleton key could undo. She wasn’t very good with words, and she found that out pretty quickly. She wasn’t very smart, either; having only been born the previous night. Her father told her not to worry, saying that she was smart, and that made her feel good at the time. And yet, there she was, her thumbnail planted firmly between her front teeth and her eyes darting every which way. In her mind, not being able to think of something to say made her stupid. It meant that she didn’t have the capacity to think on a level that would work for that situation, something that had been so simple before but, do to one simple change in composure, became a something of a trial. It made sense to her, it was purely fundamental.

Then, suddenly, Kagome stopped. Tara, not predicting the sudden stop, bumped into Kagome’s leg and stumbled backwards. She looked back at Tara and squatted down to level with her. “Tara, do you love me?” She asked, abruptly.

Tara, still gathering herself, took a thoughtful pose. Her answer wasn’t immediate, and it actually took quite some time. She seemed to be deeply in thought about her answer on the subject. But Kagome was patient, and her face remained calm. Finally, Tara broke from her pose, and bluntly declared, “No.” She certainly didn’t mince words, and unsurprisingly, Kagome was taken aback by this. She wasn’t expecting to hear something like that from her own sister. She found it difficult to ask why, mainly because she was expecting a “yes” or the usual quizzical look that Tara had, followed by a query into what “love” was. But maybe she didn’t know, maybe she had it confused with something else. That was probably why it took her so long to answer; she didn't think it made sense.

“But I’m your sister. You don’t like your big sis?” She asked almost desperately.

Once again, she thought a few moments before speaking. “Daddy told me that family should love each other, but…” She looked away and returned her thumb to her mouth. “…I cannot really love someone who doesn’t feel that way.” She hurriedly added on to her statement. “I-I am sorry if that sounds mean, but daddy told me that I should say what’s on my mind.” Tara was right, it did hurt, but what was more was that her words felt like an arrow to the chest. She wasn’t able to maintain her calm composure, though she tried her hardest.

“…Wh-“ Her lip quivered, and she felt her vision start to haze. “What do you mean by that?”

“The way you treated your sister, and the way she looked at you. It did not seem like you two were a family at all.” Kagome broke. How did she know that Apathy was Kagome’s supposed sister? Not even Godot knew that- at least, to Kagome’s knowledge. “It has been bothering me since we met her. I krept thinking ‘Daddy said that family is supposed to love each other…but then how can these two be so separate from each other,’ it did not make sense. Then I realized, you two did not love each other, and if that was the case, the love was not required. Family does not have to love each other. But I do not think daddy lied. Family should love each other, but the problem is…I do not think that you have the capacity to love.”

Those finally words drove into Kagome like a sharp knife. Who was this girl? Why was she suddenly so sharp? Before, she only knew simple words and didn’t even know what the words “ginger”, “bread”, and “cookie” were. Then she became overanalytic and suddenly knew words like “capacity”. In fact, Kagome didn’t know anything about her. She was rather mature for her age, and had a seemingly selective but rapidly growing library of knowledge…but what really hit Kagome were those eyes of hers. They saw what was no doubt invisible to others, and pointed out what she saw clearly.

In fact, it was that deductive ability that gave Kagome difficulty breathing. Her calm composure completely shattered, and she was overcome with conflict. The idea that she was without the capacity to love, that was nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. Family was the most important thing to her, so the idea was utterly preposterous. But what she was saying felt so right. In fact, it felt so right that Kagome was inclined to believe her.

And suddenly, there was a small twinge of pain. No, no...she was wrong. She was completely wrong. If she were right, she wouldn't hate Apathy. After all, it was because of her love for Alistair that she was so against her little sister. It didn't make any other sense otherwise.

Another twinge. But maybe that hate was born from the denial of her supposed sister as well as an exaggerated facade of love. She may have been right.

Another twinge. But how did that explain Godot? Was he simply a means to continue the love that Alistair couldn't continue to provide? No, she didn't feel the same way about Godot as she did Alistair. It must have been legitimate. It had to be.

Another twi-

-----

"M-Ms.Kagome!" Tara exclaimed as the tormented Kagome fell to the ground, motionless. She shook her arms wildly, trying to bring her back to reality, but it was no use, she wasn't waking up. She opened her terminal and started typing, trying to gain the help of a certain someone.

Sponsored Links