• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd definitely use it on Alakazam. Wobbuffet isn't such a bad choice, but it's pretty hard to actually utilize. Plus, if your opponent manages to use Taunt, it could be crippled-down in an instant.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Honestly that thing has gone cray by now, the Rockets have won.

I should watch a Let's Play of Pokémon Platinum because I'm honestly starting to realize that I'll never pull through and finish that game.

Years
Platinum is pretty long, which might explain your reasoning for that. xP

I've watched more than one Nuzlocke of that stuff, like Marriland's which was all hardcore with item restrictions and set mode. But that one was getting flack from people until Giratina literally came one breath (and that's not even an exaggeration) from sweeping his entire team.

But yeah, the game is quite long, and feels a bit bogged down at times but there's still plenty to like about it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Platinum is pretty long, which might explain your reasoning for that. xP
But it's certainly less vexing (for lack of a better word) than Diamond and Pearl. More Pokémon and more areas and basically more everything.
I've watched more than one Nuzlocke of that stuff, like Marriland's which was all hardcore with item restrictions and set mode. But that one was getting flack from people until Giratina literally came one breath (and that's not even an exaggeration) from sweeping his entire team.
Pokémon LPs aren't really my thing. I've only watched DC's Vietnamese Crystal playthough because it was funny, just like the TPP thing going on right now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not such a huge LP fan either, unfortunately. Personally, I prefer playing games myself rather than just, y'know, watching. :P I did watch an episode Vietnamese Crystal let's play before, but can't seem to remember whose it was.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I like LPs, but ones of Pokémon have to be pretty good/do something new, given I've played them a heck of a lot of times already, haha. Like RedChocobo's, where he does entertaining drawings of Pokémon during it, uses less-popular Pokémon, and sometimes even changes the starter Pokémon or trades it off from the get-go.

TARDIS

wherever, whenever
Years
I don't watch pokémon LPs, but I guess if I would watch one it would be of a hack with a very different storyline, or a Nuzlocke challenge. Because I watch LPs for stories, not for seeing some epic gameplay or whatever 8) And Nuzlocke rules add quite a bit of suspense and emotion to a pokémon run, making each playthrough unique and hopefully memorable.

Might prefer reading the Nuzlocke comics though. I've seen many great ones, the original included.

Shhmew

Years
Nuzlockes are fun to watch in my opinion, but I'm pretty awful at them. I become way too attached and it's just sad when things die. It's like I trained them up and taught them the TMs (prior to gen 5) for nothing ;_; So usually when something on my team that I like dies, I just become discouraged and stop playing. u.u

I've yet to finish one, but maybe some day :3

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Nuzlockes are fun to watch in my opinion, but I'm pretty awful at them. I become way too attached and it's just sad when things die. It's like I trained them up and taught them the TMs (prior to gen 5) for nothing ;_; So usually when something on my team that I like dies, I just become discouraged and stop playing. u.u

I've yet to finish one, but maybe some day :3

I hate playing them because when I watch people do it, they catch so many Pokemon. And honestly, I like having a smaller more powerful team, so they don't really suite me well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never done Nuzlocke before, sadly. Not sure if I ever will, but if I do, it'd probably be with Emerald. Either that, or maybe Platinum. I've played Pokémon Platinum plenty of times before (even more than the former), though, so if I go with that, I don't really know if I'll be having such an enjoyable experience. :p

Years
I was just talking with my cousin about Nuzlockes the other day, haha. At one point I'd really like to try a randomized Emerald Nuzlocke, since that'd be a little more exciting than knowing what your possibilities are ahead of time. And I almost have a small desire to make a Let's Play out of one, though I don't really know how entertaining it would be compared to some of the other ones I've seen.

Shhmew

Years
I was just talking with my cousin about Nuzlockes the other day, haha. At one point I'd really like to try a randomized Emerald Nuzlocke, since that'd be a little more exciting than knowing what your possibilities are ahead of time. And I almost have a small desire to make a Let's Play out of one, though I don't really know how entertaining it would be compared to some of the other ones I've seen.
I played an Emerald Randomizer, it was a whole lot of fun. My dream is to find a working randomizer for Soulsilver. I've tried many and they all seem to freeze a whole bunch and eventually just not let you progress at all. The farthest I got was the slowpoke well before it froze at a rocket grunt and even if I reset, it'd just freeze soon after once again. ]:

But having more unfamiliar pokemon follow you around is just the cutest thing. The follow feature is one of my favorite parts of Heartgold/Soulsilver.

Wobbu

Years
I played an Emerald Randomizer, it was a whole lot of fun. My dream is to find a working randomizer for Soulsilver. I've tried many and they all seem to freeze a whole bunch and eventually just not let you progress at all. The farthest I got was the slowpoke well before it froze at a rocket grunt and even if I reset, it'd just freeze soon after once again. ]:

But having more unfamiliar pokemon follow you around is just the cutest thing. The follow feature is one of my favorite parts of Heartgold/Soulsilver.

There is an action replay code that randomizes wild encounters without a problem. You'd have to google the code though because I didn't memorize it lol. If you're using a ROM, HG/SS has some serious anti-piracy code that causes the ROM to constantly freeze so that'll be a problem no matter how you play it (unless someone has patched it). It can be worked around by constantly saving the game and saving your state.

Lol at the new DCC prefix

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Last time I used Action Replay was in Pokémon HeartGold. Did it only to get myself inflicted with PokéRus and level-up my Pokémon faster, haha. Oh, and to also walk through walls. I've heard that there's a new cheating device which works with X and Y, but can't recall what it was called.

Wobbu

Years
I mostly used action replay for Pokédex completion back in the day. I caught all 493 Pokémon in HG and arranged them in numerical order in the PC. I used it for B2 to explore areas of Unova with the walk through walls cheat. It was cool going to that little pond that you see from the Aspertia City lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back