• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
This is an amazing hack. one of the best i have played. Thanks for making it, only issue i have had is save but that is nothing new. Also thank you for continuing development i have seen so many good hacks end because the person doing it stops, and if a person stops development. Also wanted to say this works fine on GBoid for Android.

Lucario Rift

Pokemon Expert
Years
Oh ya 4got to say as well, I noticed a bit of a problem with the males bike. When riding it and going down looks like da guys gonna fall off haha. But seriously I see dat the bike sprite is a bit off to the right in the game, not a big prob obviously but still one 2 check.

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay so here's an example of the sprites being too big:
PokemonShatteredDreams_45.png

The Magikarp in particular is MASSIVE.
Now here's Chaos Rush's resized sprites:
PokemonShatteredDreams_45b-1.png

These are scaled down to match the GBA sprites in size.
Now here's the two side by side:

Imo, the one on the right looks a lot better. :)
(Btw don't worry I never hacked your ROM to change the sprites, I just edited a screenshot on paint.)

Also, will you ever be adding gen IV and V Pokémon? I want to evolve my Togepi eventually into Togekiss.

VempireblacK

VempireblacK=NightkymZ
Years
Hi....how you change the world map(Actually I dont know how to said)I think the town map/pokemon
fly to another town.How did you guys change it?can teach me? please

The Angry Bean :]

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I can't seem to get this to work..

Am I supposed to be playing the Beta or the Alpha? Neither are playing the hack for me. I've patched them both to a clean Fire Red, but I can't get either to play the hack. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
(Sorry if it's a stupid question.) Anyway, looks great either way!
Lots of luck.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work with the Beta. I did notice though when I am playing the game I cannot bring up the Pokemon menu.. (where you save, and check your pokemon and stuff.) When I hit start it brings up the "help" menu instead. :/

I really enjoyed what I've played so far, and will continue to play later. :]

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Okay so here's an example of the sprites being too big:

The Magikarp in particular is MASSIVE.
Now here's Chaos Rush's resized sprites:

These are scaled down to match the GBA sprites in size.
Now here's the two side by side:

Imo, the one on the right looks a lot better. :)
(Btw don't worry I never hacked your ROM to change the sprites, I just edited a screenshot on paint.)

Also, will you ever be adding gen IV and V Pokémon? I want to evolve my Togepi eventually into Togekiss.
Hmm, I see what you're saying but in my opinion the resized one looks too small when compared to the Battleground. Either way, I'll leave them the way they are for now.

As for Gen IV or V pokemon that's a maybe. I may add some Gen IV evolutions and pre-evolutions but we'll see.

Am I supposed to be playing the Beta or the Alpha? Neither are playing the hack for me. I've patched them both to a clean Fire Red, but I can't get either to play the hack. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
(Sorry if it's a stupid question.) Anyway, looks great either way!
Lots of luck.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work with the Beta. I did notice though when I am playing the game I cannot bring up the Pokemon menu.. (where you save, and check your pokemon and stuff.) When I hit start it brings up the "help" menu instead. :/

I really enjoyed what I've played so far, and will continue to play later. :]
Check the button settings on your emulator. This is new to me.

The Angry Bean :]

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hey, just finished the Beta. Great job! I especially loved your Pokemon choices throughout the game, it all felt very natural and had a nice flow. The level of the wild Pokemon and trainers were spot on as well. It was the perfect difficulty.

I only noticed one tiny thing:
After Lex gets done talking to you in cave that you need an escape rope to go into, as he walked away he walked right through my players sprite..

(Btw, I got the menu to show as well. My joystick controls were set wrong. oops. )

Can't wait for the next update. :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Bug/Error

I am playing it and loving it however i came upon the second gym and when i enter my screen goes black and the music stops, and the game doesnt respond(program does) i am running this off of my GBoid. Any help would be great. i actually got bored enough i spent alot of time just working on leveling my guys up. so bored i now have a blastoise because i had to wait till i was home to post this. Thanks

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
i'm only at the first gym and although i haven't been looking for bugs, i have come across some misspelled words and letters being misplaced within the word. iv'e also noticed that you taken out the main characters dialogue (i think that's what its called lol) so where they no longer speak anymore. that sucks, i liked that feature a lot. still a great game so far though. keep up the amazing work ( :

Years
In my opinion I like the sprites the way they are now. I am even gonna have sprites that size in a ROM Hack I plan on making later that are in 4th and 5th generation sized. Oh and do the rival and evil team have different music like Azure Horizons since there is Hoenn music in game or is the trainer battle music the same?

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
It's Christmas here, I'm at Emerald Town Pokémon Center like you said but I haven't found my ticket...do you know where it is?

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I got to the 2nd gym and all I get is a black screen. Has the Hack been made that far yet?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
I got to the 2nd gym and all I get is a black screen. Has the Hack been made that far yet?

I have the same problem. I am trying to find a way to convert the Gamboid save state to something i could run on my computer but cant find a way, since Gameboid doesn't want to save to a 128k save file. i wanted to convert to see if it would work on the computer

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
After I finally got around to playing the beta, I've really enjoyed it. :D Congrats on making such an amazing hack. ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Loving the Beta so far. I'm recording a Let's Play for my YouTube channel - YouTube.com/PikalaxALT

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Any idea when this might get an update? On GameBoid the screen turns black at the 2nd gym and because GameBoid doesn't support the save file i had to use save states, so no way to convert and play on computer to get past that gym.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2014
if you ope for suggestions
could you put in a little shop where you can buy eggs
but at the start you can only by normal type pokemon
but if you fight an electrical gym and defeat it it adds on electric pokemon eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back