• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Reborn [Episode 19-- Final Release]

YourFavorite

One who can't think of a title
Years
So I updated and decided to give the game another try... still frustrated that the only solution to hitting roadblocks is "you didn't raise the right pokemon, go grind up something to beat the leader." But the bookshelf puzzle was much easier to understand this time and I managed to get past it... by walking onto the top of the yellow bookshelf from the ground below. That kinda caused the rest of the puzzle to just complete itself (whoops?). I probably would've spent a lot more time wondering why I couldn't solve the puzzle and getting frustrated over it, mainly because I thought that the way to get to Shelly was in the back of the library, not the front (hence keeping the "middle low" so you could walk back over and presumably get to the top of the back wall). I managed to beat her by training a boldore and solrock against the two magma grunts (I'll get to that in the next paragraph), but I also used my Vulpix, Arbok, Persian, and Spinda. Heather was ridiculous, but Bugsy was a pushover mainly because it seemed like he didn't have any attacking moves, and was sent out last. He would have been annoying due to moonlight, but after a few turns I switched in my Boldore and that wasn't really a problem anymore. >.>

I also discovered a glitch with the aqua and magma gangs. Mainly, after I solved the puzzle in Shelly's gym, but before beating Shelly, I went and talked to the Aqua leader. He said the usual thing about how awesome I was, but when I went to the magma gang hideout, the hotshot challenged me to a double battle. When I beat him, the Aqua leader said that I'd done a good job making a distraction and waltzed in. When I went back to the Aqua base though, everyone was still there, and when I talked to the leader again, he said the same thing and the event reset. So I was able to run back and forth like this and battle those magma grunts multiple times.
Now, this is basically what made training up Boldore and Solrock bearable for me, so you don't have to remove it. Or, if you do, it would be really nice to have some re-battleable trainers, who reset every time you leave the area or go to a pokemon center or whatever. Especially if they're at or above the level you're supposed to be at after the gym. That also helps make money more renewable for people who don't have a meowth or persian.
Oh, and the last thing I wanted to ask was... Does the police officer normally trade you a shiny dreamworld mareep for that growlithe, or did I just get extremely lucky?

7highstraight

Lucky 7
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Anyone know where to find a Sentret? It's the last one I want for my team, and I've been having no luck finding it.

Great game, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
sadness.... i now i have asked this before but, i'm kind of hoping some one could think of a reason i cant play this but i can play raptor. (it just really want to play this amazing game!).

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
hey, ame will you add gen 6 pokemon in the game? I dont know what to do with eevee right now so if you add, I will wait and get a Sylveon, if not espeon. The game is great, after weeks of ev training, I have a max attack mamoswine (the cove is paradise for ev training). I hope Episode 9 come out soon, so I can beat the crap out of the doctor or any other dude, especially that garchomp (ice shard baby, ice shard).
BTW, is there anything to delevel my pokemon? You know, the one Julia, Florinia, Lance, Ghetsis and the volcarona in bw2 use.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
sadness.... i now i have asked this before but, i'm kind of hoping some one could think of a reason i cant play this but i can play raptor. (it just really want to play this amazing game!).

It depends, what error is it giving you? Or what is it doing when you try to open the game?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Two questions:

1. Why is the Pokeplace site down?

2. How do you acquire stickers?

Stickers bit was answered well, but the site was down that one day because soooo many people were downloading the game it was actually slowing down not only our site, but also other websites on the same host, so they suspended us. I had to remove the link and host the game somewhere else, but that's all good now.

I managed to get past it... by walking onto the top of the yellow bookshelf from the ground below. That kinda caused the rest of the puzzle to just complete itself (whoops?).

When I went back to the Aqua base though, everyone was still there, and when I talked to the leader again, he said the same thing and the event reset. So I was able to run back and forth like this and battle those magma grunts multiple times.

Oh, and the last thing I wanted to ask was... Does the police officer normally trade you a shiny dreamworld mareep for that growlithe, or did I just get extremely lucky?

Glad you decided to give it another shot!

*Fixed that whoops for the gym. Kind of can't believe no one found that before o-o

*I knew there were some funny things going on with the Gang events but I couldn't pin it down. I think that definitely helps. So that is fixed for the next release.
As for rebattleable trainers, yeah, there will be some for the post-game at the very least but I'm not totally sure that it's necessary for the early game since there's still so much room for upward momentum through the storyline. I'm trying to avoid the need to grind at all, be it on trainers or wild Pokemon.

When it comes to the roadblock thing, I think you're referring to the level cap? It's been a while... But I'd still prefer people look at alternate strategies, be that with new or existing Pokemon, and at that stage of the game, there is already a lot of room for it...

*You got very lucky indeed!

I'm still trying to figure this error out :/ You're not the only one; I've actually heard about this from a few people. It's per-computer, so my best advice right now is just to see if there's any other machine you can play it on. Sorry I don't have a solution yet :/

hey, ame will you add gen 6 pokemon in the game?

BTW, is there anything to delevel my pokemon? You know, the one Julia, Florinia, Lance, Ghetsis and the volcarona in bw2 use.

* In the short term, I would suggest not waiting for Sylveon. We're still months away from Gen 6 and it's going to be an even longer time before we get them in Essentials/Reborn, if we do at all.
In the end, I would love to include them (because like, shock, I'm actually running out of new Pokemon to put in places...) but that's a huge endeavor especially since we don't know what kind of sprites we're going to have for it.
So like, don't hold your breath, but I'd like it to happen.

* Currently, there is not. HOWEVER, you pick a convinient time to ask because there actually will be as of the next release. c: I've added a new item, the Common Candy, which will hopefully relieve the pressure of accidentally over-leveling your Pokemon.

Speaking of the next episode, another screenie.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
Yay common candy, love you ame. Dont worry, I evolve my eevee to espeon this morning because I can always use breeding machine to get another eevee, Episode 9: dammit, another one died, oh common this game has more dying people than the whole pokemon series combine. That steelix, well, there is a grass knot espeon for a reason muhahahaha. Oh, can you add more rich trainer in the game? Some gamble, medicine, happiness make me broke. I only have 48$ right now

7highstraight

Lucky 7
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
So I finally found Sentret. If anyone is interested it's
Spoiler:

Also, I loved Shelly's gym puzzle. Took me a while to get it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I occasionally have a glitch when using leech seed where after I absorb health, my hp will flick back and forth between 2 numbers, and I can't do anything since the game is still in the hp change animation.

Last edited:

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Yeah, that's Big Root being broken, sorry. It's fixed for the next episode.

sdl

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
I was playing and encountered a glitch, after defeating the first gym leader I used teleport to return to the poke center and now I can't progress because the girl that is meant to direct me to the next area can't be talked to from behind and now I need to start a new game... I think the way to stop this happening is to allow the woman to be talked to from behind. Pls look into it as it was really frustrating to have to train a bidoof just so i could get a pokemon i wanted and have to restart the game from scratch. Also, the rain at night time has terrible visibility. Also maybe you could look into putting a speed button into the game as it is quite tedious to grind. I read beforehand that grinding is unnecessary by your standards but for the unprepared trainer having trained 4 out of 6 pokemon above level 25 before the second gym, makes for a tedious feat. If there was a speed button, grinding some more pokemon to be able to have a fair attempt at the gym would be plausable. And items is a problem, 2ndgym should have super potions for sale at the very least at the shops, or at least some more items scattered around to be saved for gym battles. I restarted the game twice based on these factors in particular and really do want to be able to enjoy playing this game. Other than that, great game and I'm looking forward to episode 9 :)

YourFavorite

Years
As for rebattleable trainers, yeah, there will be some for the post-game at the very least but I'm not totally sure that it's necessary for the early game since there's still so much room for upward momentum through the storyline. I'm trying to avoid the need to grind at all, be it on trainers or wild Pokemon.

When it comes to the roadblock thing, I think you're referring to the level cap? It's been a while... But I'd still prefer people look at alternate strategies, be that with new or existing Pokemon, and at that stage of the game, there is already a lot of room for it...
Rebattleable trainers are useful for any stage in the game. I've hit several gyms where I've needed to grind to get past them, mainly grinding a pokemon that I'd caught but hadn't trained. Lots of the pokemon that you catch are a good five to ten levels lower than where your pokemon should be, so if you want to try an alternate strategy with a pokemon that you haven't been actively training, you need to grind. Also, if people are like me and raise too many pokemon (I think I'm up to seven now) rebattleable trainers help. Trainer pokemon tend to be stronger, which makes grinding less of a pain, and also provides players with a way to get money if they're really reliant on items and don't have a meowth.

By roadblocks, I didn't mean the level cap (I have yet to hit it with any of my pokemon) but gym battles that you can't beat on the first few tries. It's good that they present a challenge, but since you don't get any good TM's (except volt switch), or items (including hold items, until you get all of the department store stickers, which there's no guidance on how to get more), you can't use any of those things to improve your existing pokemon, and you can either grind your existing team (to a limited extent) or grind a new pokemon until it's at the level of the rest of your team. Unless you somehow choose a perfect team of pokemon from the start (impossible with the limited selection of pokemon in the beginning) grinding is inevitable. The pattern seems to be to get to a gym, fail miserably, find a pokemon with a type that's super effective against that gym, grind that pokemon up, beat the gym. Once you reach the next gym you just rinse and repeat. If you really want to eliminate grinding from the game, you should just give the players rare candies (or, you know, some way to improve their pokemon besides grinding).

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to find a simple woobat in the wild. Do all pokemon have a chance of having their dream world abilities, and does Simple work correctly...?
Also, I saw a thing about being able to get drifloon... How do I do that?

Edit: When I start the game in the underground railnet, no music plays until I either leave or find a wild pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Big Root is fixed for the next episode.

Whoopee!

And that enourmous-looking Steelix you have there... That looks just so incredible. Loving it and can't wait for the next episode!

@7highstraight: Thanks! I just assumed it was further on in the game, so I probably wouldn't have found it without that.

.. Yeah, I've been away for a while... My internet access has been practically non-existent recently. But I'm back!

Until it dies again...

Last edited:

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I was playing and encountered a glitch, after defeating the first gym leader I used teleport to return to the poke center and now I can't progress because the girl that is meant to direct me to the next area can't be talked to from behind and now I need to start a new game... I think the way to stop this happening is to allow the woman to be talked to from behind.
...Wow. Yeah, sorry, I'm really bad at "teleport-proofing," so to speak. But all you should need to do is move towards the gym entrance again, and that would step on the space necessary to trigger it. I'll do something about this regardless.
Also, the rain at night time has terrible visibility.
Yeah. Finally found how to fix that for the next episode. It's already changed.

Also maybe you could look into putting a speed button into the game as it is quite tedious to grind.
Although it would be neat, I don't have a way to do this. Most computers already struggle to run the game at a normal speed.
And items is a problem, 2ndgym should have super potions for sale at the very least at the shops, or at least some more items scattered around to be saved for gym battles.

Super potions are already purchasable before the leader.

stuff about trainers
Well, you make some pretty solid points. Probably won't be in time for episode 9, but I'll look at adding a little something in, I suppose.

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to find a simple woobat in the wild. Do all pokemon have a chance of having their dream world abilities, and does Simple work correctly...?
All Pokemon should have their dream world abilities, but as the users of my forum have recently discovered, Pokemon with three total abilities aren't getting the DWs properly. Simple itself does work, but this is troublesome, and I'm unsure if the script I had for DW abilities never worked in the first place or if this is a new problem. I'm going to be looking at it while the new episode is in testing. Sorry.

Noted to check on the railnet music.

YourFavorite

Years
Well, you make some pretty solid points. Probably won't be in time for episode 9, but I'll look at adding a little something in, I suppose.
Thanks, I appreciate it. :3

All Pokemon should have their dream world abilities, but as the users of my forum have recently discovered, Pokemon with three total abilities aren't getting the DWs properly. Simple itself does work, but this is troublesome, and I'm unsure if the script I had for DW abilities never worked in the first place or if this is a new problem. I'm going to be looking at it while the new episode is in testing. Sorry.
I had mostly been checking by seeing if the woobats were getting stats "sharply" raised when they used calm mind. I wish you luck in fixing it.

I found two other bugs... in the factory that you go to with Amaria, if you try to go up the first set of stairs (the set that you come down to find Amaria surrounded) on the right side, you end up going nowhere. Also, if you go into the first, small section of the Underground Railnet from the right while on the bottom half of the railroad tracks, you end up getting teleported one space below where you should be.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I complain so much because I believe that this can be a really phenomenal game. ;)

Last edited:

7highstraight

Lucky 7
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Thanks! I just assumed it was further on in the game, so I probably wouldn't have found it without that.

It took a while to find. I eventually found a section on the Reborn site forums dedicated to hunting down specific pokemon and items. If anyone's looking for something specific, that's a good place to check.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
It took a while to find. I eventually found a section on the Reborn site forums dedicated to hunting down specific pokemon and items. If anyone's looking for something specific, that's a good place to check.

Ohh, that would be useful. I've been all over that site and haven't seen it so far yet, just the chart with obtainable pokemon so far. Could you PM me the link to the page? Since I don't think you're allowed to post it here, but I could be wrong. x)

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
I'm pretty sure Jesus came down from heaven and decided to make a Pokemon game! This game is AMAZING! The only thing I don't like is that I have to watch my levels and make sure they don't get to high or they'll disobey me :/

Years
This game is incredible! It's like... wow. Just amazing. Only problem I have is that on Opal Bridge, my game lags badly in the overworld... I have no idea how.

By the way... I've also noticed how if you go into Audio, and then BGM, I could look at the songs from the Jukebox... and put new ones in there. You mind if I do that?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
I'm not sure if this bug has been addressed, but if you lose against Taka you'll go back to the Pokemon Center, but the boat won't be at the dock to bring you back to Azurine Island. Luckily I saved right before going down into the basement though, so no bothers for me to repeat the steps.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
Years
Should I make a team fast or not?
And where can I get Petilil, Vulpix and Dawn Stone?

This Roggenrola is supposed to be Shiny?
KhUBsqU.jpg

Last edited:
Back