• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

256/240 color Titlescreen (Firered)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Thanks mate, if is the last resort then I will send you my titlescreen and give credit to you and stuff, but I wanna learn how to do this thing and not screw up. I wanna do something by myself without others doing it for me. You get what I'm saying? :D
Anyways since I got the same problem as ~ Teh Panda ~ and few others, do you now how to fix my problem because I think you fixed his for him, so if you helped me it would work since I got the same problem as ~Teh Panda~.
Cheers ;)

His tilemap wasn't correctly made and the image insertation wasn't good so read those steps again.

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
His tilemap wasn't correctly made and the image insertion wasn't good so read those steps again.

Yeah thanks :)
But when I make the tilemap in NTME, (once I've inserted it theres still extra space to the right on FR/LG TS :O) is that supposed to happen? Also when I insert the bitmap into unlz advance thing the logo (firered image offset) has different colors to your instead of dark colors I get lighter colours. Same as ดูดดื่ม's second try when he tried to import the bitmap on unlz advance. ดูดดื่ม's picture http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png Same colors as him (different to your screen shot) when I tried to import the bitmap into unlz advance
OK when you import the raw and put you FSF image offset are you only supposed to tick export palette?

I can post many screen shots if you need to see my problem in more detail :D

Many Many thanks ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Yeah thanks :)
But when I make the tilemap in NTME, (once I've inserted it theres still extra space to the right on FR/LG TS :O) is that supposed to happen? Also when I insert the bitmap into unlz advance thing the logo (firered image offset) has different colors to your instead of dark colors I get lighter colours. Same as ดูดดื่ม's second try when he tried to import the bitmap on unlz advance. ดูดดื่ม's picture http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png Same colors as him (different to your screenshot) when I tried to import the bitmap into unlz advance
Many thanks ;)

Yes it's supposed to be like that and don't forget to click write rom after it!

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Yes it's supposed to be like that and don't forget to click write rom after it!

Crap that was a fast reply oO!
Ok thanks, but when I go on unlz gba my logo (for firered ) is 1991 and once I've imported the bitmap and clicked write to rom and stuff, I go back and I go to 1992 its black and got random stuff instead of purple!
Is it because I put some patches before I did this? Shall I try on a clean rom then apply the patches?

Thanks for helping me :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Crap that was a fast reply oO!
Ok thanks, but when I go on unlz gba my logo (for firered ) is 1991 and once I've imported the bitmap and clicked write to rom and stuff, I go back and I go to 1992 its black and got random stuff instead of purple!
Is it because I put some patches before I did this? Shall I try on a clean rom then apply the patches?

Thanks for helping me :D

Try a clean rom always before doing it on the actual rom also some images will turn out to be unaviable for the future like those raws but you can always use nlz for them as long as you write down the offset.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Try a clean rom always before doing it on the actual rom also some images will turn out to be unaviable for the future like those raws but you can always use nlz for them as long as you write down the offset.

YEAHH!!!! It finally worked :D :D :D :)
Now to remove the flames
Thanks everyone: Black Charizard and ดูดดื่ม

EDIT: Once I removed the charizard and the flames and stuff I got this weird purple thing next to 'press start' while everything else was perfect :O

*Sorry about the white background :O*
Link:
2h493c6.jpg
]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
YEAHH!!!! It finally worked :D :D :D :)
Now to remove the flames
Thanks everyone: Black Charizard and ดูดดื่ม

EDIT: Once I removed the charizard and the flames and stuff I got this weird purple thing next to 'press start' while everything else was perfect :O

*Sorry about the white background :O*
Link:
2h493c6.jpg
]

Be sure to clean the charizard and gamefreak raws.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Be sure to clean the charizard and gamefreak raws.

OK this is once I've inserted my title screen and stuff but BEFORE I replace the Charizard Raws and Gamefreak crap as well it comes up with this at the bottom next to press start:
Link
x2q8g5.jpg

But after I replace the raw and stuff and gamefreak crap there all gone( the Charizard and blinking thing ) except for that purple thing I showed you before now appears instead of the brown red pixelated thing :O

2h493c6.jpg

Thanks for replying :)

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
U receive the assistance from Black Charizard like this you must do it can come out to succeed certainly.

PS: Can is this its sentence uses?
Google translate not straight. These my sentence uses a program helps. :D
I want to use the language strongly. I can read but write not good sentence.

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
You can tell me to get lost because I am an idiot :( :O
But if your willing to help...
I know you must find me annoying but I done this like 3 times know and I still get an error
:( Do you know how to fix it possibly.

OK this is once I've inserted my title screen and stuff but BEFORE I replace the Charizard Raws and Gamefreak crap as well it comes up with this at the bottom next to press start:
Link
x2q8g5.jpg

But after I replace the raw and stuff and gamefreak crap there all gone( the Charizard and blinking thing ) except for that purple thing I showed you before now appears instead of the brown red pixelated thing :O

2h493c6.jpg

Thanks for replying :)

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Friend, I believe in that you must do it sure. FIGHTING!

To Black Charizard

In Ruby & Emerald
Is it will possible ? if change come to use tilemap of last ground replaces the surface of the word that "pokemon" already replace the surface of the word that "pokemon" with transparent.png at you give to.
(I mean tilemap of Groudon in ruby & Rayquaza in emerald.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
You can tell me to get lost because I am an idiot :( :O
But if your willing to help...
I know you must find me annoying but I done this like 3 times know and I still get an error
:( Do you know how to fix it possibly.

You do know that I was offering to help you for more as 2 times already but you don't want it you want to do it your own.
Only if the tutorial is followed correctly with good reading it can be done good.

Friend, I believe in that you must do it sure. FIGHTING!

To Black Charizard

In Ruby & Emerald
Is it will possible ? if change come to use tilemap of last ground replaces the surface of the word that "pokemon" already replace the surface of the word that "pokemon" with transparent.png at you give to.
(I mean tilemap of Groudon in ruby & Rayquaza in emerald.)

It will be possible when me or someone else found the ruby/emerald raw offset for the titlescreen.

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
It will be possible when me or someone else found the ruby/emerald raw offset for the titlescreen.

ok, I will test it in emerald if it will effective I come to tell once more. :)

Edit: I have tested it but look as if its color upwards 16bit only. :( I uses tilemap of Rayquaza in emerald in replacing "pokemon".

Edit 2: this my picture does it with tilemap of "pokemon" but I try to fine both of enhance and decrease its size then still no come out equal to while before add raw new down go to but a color doesn't be attractive for to get into trouble.
Spoiler:

first my picture no add tilemap second my picture adds tilemap into a picture finally is a picture that me uses.

Edit 3: Look as if the size of tilemap different bilateral. Can is you have the way corrects it ?
pokemonraw.png
<< pokemonlogo_raw rayquaza_raw >>
rayquazaraw.png

Friend,
I want to help you gives can do it succeeds but I explain it comes out not good make you confused but I will repeat once more that a problem that me is are the size of tilemap(raw) step other my part follows the step that at Black Charizarad explain all want you are careful it every the step don't forget before and after insert tilemap it will must is equal.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2010
I'm still confused on the last step with replacing transparent tiles.

htt p://i1 96. photo bucket. com/albums/ aa58/darkpidgeot/t estback-1 .png
(I can't post links yet apparently =/ )
Here is the title I want. (Ignore the gray since I screenshot it in photoshop.)

I don't really know where to load the raw that you provided. (When I loaded them into the number in the name/one after the number, it seemed to change but there are still messed up tiles.)

I then tried to make my own raw files but I don't get the NTME part. Any help?

stinger123

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
ok, I will test it in emerald if it will effective I come to tell once more. :)

Edit: I have tested it but look as if its color upwards 16bit only. :( I uses tilemap of Rayquaza in emerald in replacing "pokemon".

Edit 2: this my picture does it with tilemap of "pokemon" but I try to fine both of enhance and decrease its size then still no come out equal to while before add raw new down go to but a color doesn't be attractive for to get into trouble.
Spoiler:

first my picture no add tilemap second my picture adds tilemap into a picture finally is a picture that me uses.

Edit 3: Look as if the size of tilemap different bilateral. Can is you have the way corrects it ?
pokemonraw.png
<< pokemonlogo_raw rayquaza_raw >>
rayquazaraw.png

Friend,
I want to help you gives can do it succeeds but I explain it comes out not good make you confused but I will repeat once more that a problem that me is are the size of tilemap(raw) step other my part follows the step that at Black Charizarad explain all want you are careful it every the step don't forget before and after insert tilemap it will must is equal.

What? I understand a bit though. Lol it must be a translator :( What translator are you using?
also what must be equal before inserting the tilemap?
If I still dont get it can you post screenshots or something ?
Thanks friend :)

I'm still confused on the last step with replacing transparent tiles.

htt p://i1 96. photo bucket. com/albums/ aa58/darkpidgeot/t estback-1 .png
(I can't post links yet apparently =/ )
Here is the title I want. (Ignore the gray since I screenshot it in photoshop.)

I don't really know where to load the raw that you provided. (When I loaded them into the number in the name/one after the number, it seemed to change but there are still messed up tiles.)

I then tried to make my own raw files but I don't get the NTME part. Any help?

yeah it WILL change but just replace them in 16 colour bit.
The NTME has to be set to 32 x 32 and in the Tile Selection bit press the + for width and height until the red rectangle covers the whole picture (there should be no red rectangle after you covered it fully) and put it on the lower screen and you should see it there. Make sure the titlescreen is 240x160

Just asking what is the red thing machine on your titlescreen? Just wondering :O

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2010
Maybe I should be a bit more specific on my question.

To remove the blinking you have to go to unzl.gba and open your rom.
Then go to offset 140 in 16 colors look around there for the flames if you find them hit 1 time the previous button so that you will see this image:

Save that image and then open it in paint. Turn the whole image to the transparent color so in this case the blue.

I found the image, no problem. Turned it to transparent color. Indexed, no problem.

Next go to the charizard image around 2010, save the image and then make
it 1px in both height and width with only the transparent color.
Did this too, no problem.
Next go to the image after charizard and click raw dump.

Did that.
Open it in NTME
with the titlescreen tileset, make the whole image the transparent
tile.
This is where I start getting confused. I open my picture as the tileset in NTME then loaded the RAW file I just dumped. What is the making the entire image the transparent tile? Or am I supposed to load the transparent tile as the tileset and then load the RAW I dumped?

And to answer your question, the red thing is a space marine sprite I found.

Edit: Oh yeah, and NTME doesn't let me pick 32x32. I'm only given the option for 32x20 at best, the FR/LG TS size. And my image is 240x160

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
What? I understand a bit though. Lol it must be a translator :( What translator are you using?
also what must be equal before inserting the tilemap?
If I still dont get it can you post screenshots or something ?
Thanks friend :)

I test it in emerald. First problem is if I use tilemap of Rayquaza its color will see 16 just a color but at its picture has no a problem second problem is if I come back to use tilemap of "pokemon" its color has no a problem but can not fine its size just enoughly third me bring raw of rayquaza with "pokemon" come to compare with it sees different.
It's ok?(sentence)
icon10.gif

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
i'm having trouble... on the step when you are supposed to click on "import a bitmap" in NLZ-GBA Advance, i dont get the screen that is supposed to pop up. what am i doing wrong?

Back