• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I uploaded a new zip file because the item storage system had a few bugs which I have corrected, notably the bug where key items could be tossed.

Also I want to take the time to mention the syntax used by the message system in Pokemon Essentials. Many of the new commands I've added will add significantly to the gameplay experience, such as playing a sound or music effect during a message, or showing a character's face within the message. Here is the full list of message commands.

I would like to make a suggestion. What about variables that store names for Rival Characters that can be called through commands?(Ex. \RN[X] where X is the number that defines where the name of the Rival is stored) Something like that anyway..

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's technically unnecessary, since variables can be used here (variables can hold not just numbers but other Ruby objects such as strings) -- with the \v[X] command.

Last edited:

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
I feel VERY stupid at the moment..

I don't under stand the "Internal Names" or something. For example, I am making a gym leader. His pokemon are Pidgey and Pidgeotto, but I don't get what you mean by that..

Years
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's technically unnecessary, since variables can be used here (variables can hold not just numbers but other Ruby objects such as strings) -- with the \v[X] command.

I knew there was another way, but how would one put names into those kinds of variables? (Never done it before)

-Krobe

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
OOH, Poccil, I did what you said, moved it to the Graphics, but I got:

Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Pictures/C:/Users/**NAME HERE**/Desktop/Pokemon Essentials/Graphics/001
BitmapCache:83:in `load_bitmap'
SpriteWindow:2784:in `setBitmapPriv'
SpriteWindow:2767:in `initialize'
PokemonMessages:655:in `new'
PokemonMessages:655:in `pbDisplayMessageFancy'
PokemonMessages:651:in `each'
PokemonMessages:651:in `pbDisplayMessageFancy'
PokemonMessages:469:in `pbMessage'
PokemonMessages:178:in `command_101'
Interpreter:276:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'
Scene_Map:62:in `loop'
Scene_Map:69:in `main'
Main:56:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:59:in `mainFunction'
Main:63
Main:62:in `loop'
Main:71

Thanks. :)

Years
hey idk if u can help me but i have no idea how to script can u help please

Your not allowed to post a message in thread if it has nothing to do with the thread's topic. If you wish to learn to script, there are various places that teach you, but this is the wrong place to ask.

-Krobe

P.S. Poccil, is there even a command for removing a Pokemon from your party permanently?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Legend of Awesome:

You have been sent a private message. The problem here was very unexpected.

Krobelus:

That's relatively easy to do: [font="Letter Gothic, Monospaced, Courier"]$Trainer.party.delete_at(X)[/font] where X is the index of the Pokemon to delete.

Also, setting a variable to a string is as easy as setting a variable to a number: [font="Letter Gothic, Monospaced, Courier"]$game_variables[1]="string"[/font]. Some functions, like pbTextEntry (within the Name Rater's event), include a variable ID as a parameter and store a string of the entered text into that variable.

Years
Well, it's not THAT easy if I couldn't find it on Notes.HTML. =P

Also, I recently ran into a problem each time I try to test my game, and I can't seem to understand the error.
Spoiler:

And this when I try to use some custom trainers(during battle):
Spoiler:

Also, may I suggest another feature? Trading Pokemon with Npcs. Even though you could do it with events and such, you don't really get the same result. Plus you could make it where you define the Npcs Pokemon, and whatever Pokemon he wants, and you get his Pokemon at whatever Lv. your old one was.

-Krobe

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
Yay, I am understanding switches some more! :D

I gotsa question though. How can I remove "cheat codes" when I click on a pokemon in my Selection Menu?

Years
Yay, I am understanding switches some more! :D

I gotsa question though. How can I remove "cheat codes" when I click on a pokemon in my Selection Menu?

That, among other features (including the Debug menu and Show IV/EVs) are only accessible in Test Play. So if you just start your game from it's directory, then you wont be able to see that.

-Krobe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Uhm...downloaded the last version and it's great, but how can I return to the old name input? The one in which you could write the name with the keyboard?

Windsong

—the dream is dead
Years
ITS SO COOL!
I have an small question about this starterkit.
How can i activate Day and Night on an Map ?
Can anyone tell me this please?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
read through the notes.html file that came in the zip file, it has tutorials for almost anything, and look through this thread for anything thats not in there, as alot of the more advanced stuff is covered here.

Windsong

—the dream is dead
Years
...-.-

Jes i have takeed a look on the notes.html, there is nothing about the activating from day and night on new maps...-.-

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Open up PBS/metadata.txt

Add below the last line:

[MAPID]
# MapName (Just a comment)
Outdoor=true
ShowArea=true

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Okay, like I said I would, I edited the scripts to support day/night music. To use it, replace the BGM/BGS section of Game_Map (near lines 134-144) with this:
Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ● BGM / BGS 自動切り替え
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def autoplay
    if @map.autoplay_bgm # Checks whether the map has an autoplay BGM
      if (Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20) &&  # Checks if it's night time - the values are editable
            FileTest.audio_exist?("Audio/BGM/"+ @map.bgm.name+ "n") # Checks whether a BGM file with the filename [normal BGM]n exists
        $game_system.bgm_play(@map.bgm.name+"n") # Plays it
      else
        $game_system.bgm_play(@map.bgm) # Plays the normal BGM
      end
    end
    if @map.autoplay_bgs
      $game_system.bgs_play(@map.bgs)
    end
  end
To use it, save the night BGM for the map with the same name as the day BGM, except with an "n" on the end. For example, 018-Field01.mid would be the day BGM, and 018-Field01n.mid would be the night. If it can't find the night BGM, it will play the day BGM instead.

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
The script doesn't work...
SEQ_TOWN01_D
SEQ_TOWN01_Dn

And it plays nothing...at night. And the Route without the night music file plays.

Here's screen:

showbg1.png

And the files are excatly so in my Audio/BGM folder, too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I am having trouble with the Kernel.pbReceiveItem command. I keep getting an error whenever I use it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Metroid P: I PMed you.
Lorem: What actual script command are you using? And what is the error?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Well yeah your script's working fine...It was an error of the system. It deleted the content of my .mid...it had at least 0kb...somehow. Now I fixed it and I love you dude^^. Thank you soo much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back