• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Let's ignore typing for now - pick any preexisting non-starter Pokemon, and which three sets would you make into starters? Give reasons why (it's optional)
Well i would choose Riolu, Zorua and Bronzor. Just because it could be new types of starters! And i know that Bronzor would be really bad against Zorua, but that encourages people to catch different pokemon if they would choose bronzor.

Years
Well i would choose Riolu, Zorua and Bronzor. Just because it could be new types of starters!
[/B][/COLOR]

Well if we are changing types now then I would choose Tympole, Sandile, and Pikachu just because they seem balanced, like said in the last topic, Water, Ground, Electric, are the only other 3 types that all have counters and pros

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Let's ignore typing for now - pick any preexisting non-starter Pokemon, and which three sets would you make into starters? Give reasons why (it's optional)
what about Bellsprout, Poliwag and Litwick?
they correspond with a type chain, the classic fire, water, grass and all three require a stone to reach their final third form (or trade with Kings Rock). It's not as unbalanced as you'd think on first sight though especially with how beefed up Victreebel became with gen IV.
Granted Litwick reaches its second stage a lot later than the other two but a little modding could sort that out.
Zero points for cuteness when it comes to Bellsprout, though, so that might just backfire a bit.

Well i would choose Riolu, Zorua and Bronzor. Just because it could be new types of starters! And i know that Bronzor would be really bad against Zorua, but that encourages people to catch different pokemon if they would choose bronzor.
I think you meant the other way around :) Bronzor line is part-Steel. Now, as for the cuddly Zorua... well, free advertising couldn't hurt now, huh?

Well if we are changing types now then I would choose Tympole, Sandile, and Pikachu just because they seem balanced, like said in the last topic, Water, Ground, Electric, are the only other 3 types that all have counters and pros

But doesn't Ground null Electric entirely?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Like Twiggy said, Electric type moves have no effect on Ground types, so if it was to be the normal rival pattern, picking Pikachu, which by the way should rather be Pichu, would put you in a great disadvantage. I guess the best bet would be to make it a Rock or Steel type instead, since I'm pretty sure Electric type moves just aren't that effective against those. Best I can think of would be either Geodude or Aron, so shifting out Sandile with either of those two should work.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I guess the best bet would be to make it a Rock or Steel type instead, since I'm pretty sure Electric type moves just aren't that effective against those. Best I can think of would be either Geodude or Aron, so shifting out Sandile with either of those two should work.

I'm pretty sure that both Steel and Rock are neutral to Electric.

And Geodude is part Ground, so...

Olli

Years
I'm pretty sure that both Steel and Rock are neutral to Electric.

And Geodude is part Ground, so...
Just checked, and it seems that Electric type moves does normal damage to both Rock and Steel type Pokémon, so that wouldn't work out either way. Honestly I don't see any way to make it balanced with any different types than the Grass - Water - Fire ones then.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Wouldn't Rock, Fighting and Flying work out in a triangle? Not sure what Pokemon you'd use as starters but those three types by themselves work.

Pretty sure Flying is neutral to Rock.

There's a reason why I said ignore typing. Consider the Pokemon as if their types were perfectly balanced against each other.

Taposa

;)
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2022
How about Dark-Ghost-Bug? Zorua-Yamask-Pineco. Zorua evolves at Level . Yamask evolves at Level 34, 4 levels from Zorua. Pineco evolves at Level 31, 1 level from Zorua and 3 levels to Yamask. Pineco's evolution is half-bug and half-steel.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Hmm... new starters?

I'm gonna say... Dratini ,Larvitar, and Bagon? Or maybe Suicune, Entei, and Raikou!
A pseudo legend starter line is actually a pretty good idea. They all get pretty strong, so they're not really Pokémon you'd consider ditching, however it'll take sooo long for them all to evolve. If I remember correctly, both Bagon and Dratini reach their final forms at level 45, so there's quite a bit to the top :p Either way, I guess Pokémon like Beldum and Gible and all the other Pseudo legendaires would fit in too, so yeah. An interesting idea.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
How about Dark-Ghost-Bug? Zorua-Yamask-Pineco. Zorua evolves at Level . Yamask evolves at Level 34, 4 levels from Zorua. Pineco evolves at Level 31, 1 level from Zorua and 3 levels to Yamask. Pineco's evolution is half-bug and half-steel.
Teehee~ And a two-stage style trio can be quite the interesting one, too. Not to mention Zorua is all fuzzyballs. Pineco, though? Um...

Hmm... new starters?

I'm gonna say... Dratini ,Larvitar, and Bagon? Or maybe Suicune, Entei, and Raikou!

A pseudo legend starter line is actually a pretty good idea. They all get pretty strong, so they're not really Pokémon you'd consider ditching, however it'll take sooo long for them all to evolve. If I remember correctly, both Bagon and Dratini reach their final forms at level 45, so there's quite a bit to the top :p Either way, I guess Pokémon like Beldum and Gible and all the other Pseudo legendaires would fit in too, so yeah. An interesting idea.

I've always wondered how the games would be like if we're thrown pseudo-legendary Pokemon from the get-go.

New topic:

Assume that the next game has only one starter. What would you want it to be? Preexisting or new, it doesn't matter. (If new, you might want to elaborate on what it should be.)

Olli

Years
Assume that the next game has only one starter.

If it was only one starter, I'd want it to be a Dragon type, as they're rare and unique, and would give you a more special Pokémon to go through with, one you'd be less likely to just box away. Since Dragon types usually are able to learn a big variety of moves and only have 2 weaknesses, which are of Pokémon that don't appear near the start, the beginning of the game wouldn't be too challenging, whereas later in there should be something involving Ice Pokémon, like a gym or some event of sorts, so you wouldn't just be able to rely on your Dragon type the whole way through. But yeah, alternatives could also be Normal or Ice type Pokémon. Normal because it only has one weakness, and Ice types because they're less common and can relate to Dragon type Pokémon.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Teehee. For some weird reason or another, I just want to have a Zorua as a starter, if only because he's a cute widdly cuddly dark fox that has a big head and eyes and everything. And awesomely cool while doing so.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
my main problem for a dragon type starter is that the only type they deal double damage against is themselves. The type effectiveness shared between starters would suffer.

The moment i saw Zorua I wanted one... they are really cute :D

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Pretty sure Flying is neutral to Rock.

There's a reason why I said ignore typing. Consider the Pokemon as if their types were perfectly balanced against each other.
No, rock is super effective, I'm pretty sure. Now the problem is that there aren't any plain flying types XD
But I didn't see that part about the typing. :/ Sorry.
@current discussion
And Zorua would make a great lone starter. Just needs a third evo. ;) Not sure about the dragon idea though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back