• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I haven't found any yet. Still waiting. There's a big chance I probably DID find a shiny in FireRed when I was 6 or 7 and fainted it in my childish obliviousness ;_;

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Spoiler:

That shiny Fearow, I was kicking about in grass near Vermillion looking for a Drowzee and a shiny Spearow popped out. I started sweating nervously and looking about shiftily. I was on a bus at the time.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I have: Charmander, Three Spearow, Pidgey, Nidoran M, Weedle, Eevee, Gastly, Clefairy, and Moltres in my FR for my BQ(only counted the first Spearow though).
~MistressofMightyena~

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen May 20, 2015
The first Shiny I ever saw was Seviper in Sapphire. At the time, I hadn't heard about shinies, and I ran away from it because I had already caught one. It was only when I first started learning more about Pokemon that I realised it was Shiny. I was such a noob back then. :')

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
I've only found a shiny Seviper but because I was using my sister's game I never got to keep it as my own which is so unfair!!! @__@ I found it so I should keep it, but nooo, because it was on her game she ended up keeping it. She doesn't even give me a clone. ;__; (now that I think about it she found a shiny Swablu is the same place) :P
Oh yeah, I've found a shiny Spearow in FR on one of the islands. ^^

Last edited:
Years
My first ever shiny was in Emerald :') Sableye. Not as good colour palette as it's non-shiny version. But I'll take whatever shiny is thrown at me. I nicknamed it 'Shiny'...

Arkayide

AKA [Insertnamehere]
Years
I once found a shiny Clampearl on Emerald, which evolved it into a Gorebyss. I love the shiny palette on that thing. ;D

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
Back in FireRed, I went into the Viridian Forest and I saw a shiny Caterpie. After I got its health low enough, I went to get a Pokeball, only to find I had none. I was super pissed and to this day, I always make sure I have at least 50 regular Pokeballs with me at all times.

the_xvthnobody

Outcast
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
A friend of mine traded me a shiny swablu a long time ago on my Emerald. I remember training it and evolving it, but not what happened to it :(

Years
Back in FireRed, I went into the Viridian Forest and I saw a shiny Caterpie. After I got its health low enough, I went to get a Pokeball, only to find I had none. I was super pissed and to this day, I always make sure I have at least 50 regular Pokeballs with me at all times.

The same thing happened to me in Emerald, but with a Sableye in Sky Tower instead.

In Emerald, I also came across a Shiny Whismur (It was my first shiny too), and I got it up to a Loudred, before I restarted the game, thinking I had sent it to D/P. Turns out I hadn't.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
OP - that's really cool because I hatched a shiny one on my first egg in X and named it Raziel, it's still on my team because it's my favorite ghost type.

Anyhow, I found a shiny Wingull on my Sapphire in 2009 while randomly surfing somewhere. I still have it! Also found a shiny Graveler that managed not to blow up on me in FR.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
I went shiny hatching a Pichu as a joke - and around twenty or so eggs later, I got one. My friend nearly strangled me, poor dude's been looking for a shiny since Gen 1.

I also found a shiny Raticate and Mankey in LG. The former was pure accident and the latter... was some weird intuition. I was doing a scramble challenge and going through the Rock Tunnel, getting pissed at the onslaught of Zubat. I was just about to use a repel when part of me went like "No but hey, dude, you've run into so many Zubat that what if you see a shiny one next?" Wasn't a Zubat, but Mankey'll do just as well.

Years
The only shiny I've ever found legitimately in a Pokemon game was in the 3rd generation actually, haha. It was on an emulator, and I was shocked to come across a shiny Aron in the cave outside Dewford Town. Of course, I had no Poke-balls in my bag. Searched online for a while in order to find any possible hacks that would put some into my inventory during the battle, but failed to find one, and didn't catch the Aron. :[

Mecheon

Flamingo Flambé
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2014
Playing Ruby, I found only shiny Swablu's. I found one per play-though and I traded each over to LG to save them when I wanted to start a new game. I had accumulated 3 shiny Swablu's as if they were the only shinies in the cartridge.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I caught a shiny Slowpoke in LeafGreen. It's almost the same color as the regular one :/ , in Gen 3 at least.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
Right now in my pokemon ruby game i have a shiny salamence a shiny flygon and a shiny sceptile and they were my 3 first lv 100 pokemons

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Sure have!

I think the second shiny I've ever found was Absol in my Emerald version. I can't remember exactly what I was doing back then, but I remember having heard of shiny Pokemon at this point. So when I encountered a reddish Absol that sparkled I practically choked in disbelief.

The rate was so stupidly low back then that I never expected to see a shiny again after the Weedle I missed out on in Silver version. But lo and behold, a beautiful red Absol appeared. I caught it by the way! Haven't seen another one in the Hoenn region since, but here's hoping ORAS will change that.

359.png

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
My first shiny was a Spinda. I didn't know about shiny, but I caught it anyway because he had a different colour. My second shiny was a Corphish. I didn't saw any other shiny in Hoenn Pokèmon after them.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
I actually found a shiny Exeggcute today in Fire Red.
In the safari zone...
in an emulator...
and it escaped.
The only other wild shiny I've ever found in any pokemon game is a shiny Rattata that I found in the same rom. I also had no pokeballs.
I've hatched, like, 1 shiny, but that was in Gen 2. ^-^;;

Back