• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Make sure your torchic is lvl 17+ and keep focus energy so you can hit criticals easily. I Pwned them with a lvl 20 torchic knowing peck,ember,scratch and focus energy.

Dark Flare

Layton's Apprentice
Years
finished it yesterday i love this hack

and LUKE became a dragonite yesterday
and i wanna see the beta 5!:)
i wanna go to chapter 3

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I hope see you add all Legend Pokemon
I think you add Gardian of thunder Ice(Snow) Dark Light Tree(Wood) Death(Dif Life)
Gaia or Ocean (Heaven Zeus = Anglian Hell Hades = Devilian i think wrong spell i can`t remember it)

and Game that Great i Like It

Adammac

Linux user
Years
Heh, nice hack, but I found little glitch:
daa.png

It's easy to fix.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hi DJG,
I have a problem when patching
Beta 4.1, cause when I try to start
the game, there's no intro, a black start screen
and when I load my save everything around me (but the OWs)
is black and the movementspermission is messed
up.

Why is this problem ?!

I love this game and I really want to play
B4 :'(

//44tim44

did you patch over a CLEAN ruby rom?

anyway DJG, Error report now, when you get to the humans house, where you are about to battle the town members, if you don't talk to her before you go in, it seems she knows you when you wake up.
And, you can surf around the town members and talk to them. :D (they have no speech anyway.)

EDIT: strange, I tried to talk to espeon from inbetween her, and the town folks, but something was in the way, i clicked the Z(A) button and I entered the "Youngster Allen" battle?!

EDIT 2: when the settlers have been defeated, and you see Angeallen, you see the water (border tiles.)

EDIT 3: when I was supposed to go to pokétropolis, i accidentally entered vextra forest.
When I got back, Kangaskhan sent me back to sinister woods, to make my way there, I got through, but Abra teleported me back?!

I am using a completley clean english/Us ruby rom,
I've tested both with and without "MUGS intro"
and LIPS says the IPS data is malfunctioning or
someth'n...

So...

DjG, It would be really nice if you could post a Beta 4.11 or
something :P

//44tim44

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So how is the recruiting pokes gonna work? THat's awsm you took that from PMD

well, currently, I'm thinking of making things simple...
utting some scripts around the map, and when the player steps on them, a wild battle will occur, and after, the script continues with the message that the wild poke wants to join, blahblah...
I ain't sure if I should proceed with this idea, for I still need to think of it more...

I've downloaded the new version (yesterday), and began again (yesterday).
i have got just after the Rayquaza battle, but I didn't save!
That was lucky I remembered that dragons are super effective against dragons.
I only slid through.

Anyways, nice job DJG.

and now, back to playing the hack. :D

eheheh, thanks~

Hi DJG,
I have a problem when patching
Beta 4.1, cause when I try to start
the game, there's no intro, a black start screen
and when I load my save everything around me (but the OWs)
is black and the movementspermission is messed
up.

Why is this problem ?!

I love this game and I really want to play
B4 :'(

//44tim44

well, it could have been caused by a patching problem or the ROM isn't compatible with the patch...
make sure it's a US version... :\

did you patch over a CLEAN ruby rom?

anyway DJG, Error report now, when you get to the humans house, where you are about to battle the town members, if you don't talk to her before you go in, it seems she knows you when you wake up.
And, you can surf around the town members and talk to them. :D (they have no speech anyway.)

EDIT: strange, I tried to talk to espeon from inbetween her, and the town folks, but something was in the way, i clicked the Z(A) button and I entered the "Youngster Allen" battle?!

EDIT 2: when the settlers have been defeated, and you see Angeallen, you see the water (border tiles.)

EDIT 3: when I was supposed to go to pokétropolis, i accidentally entered vextra forest.
When I got back, Kangaskhan sent me back to sinister woods, to make my way there, I got through, but Abra teleported me back?!

thanks, it's fixed now. :)
and about that kangaskhan glitch, I'll check it out. :\

Wow that's alot of errors. Hope i don't mess up like u did XD. I just completed the beta and it's awsm it truly is great. Awsm job DJG.

thanks~

Now a reply has came, I can error report without editing that last post :D

anyway, i A-Mapped my way past the abra glitch :D and got to the lake, where Amorswan has an error (The Steven intro).

Be prepared for an edit.

here we go:

EDIT: like Amorswan, Clauseed has the "steven intro".

EDIT 2: And Felinar.

EDIT 3: The Razz Berry (Plant code 0013) looks completly diffrent then what it should be.
It looks like it is still in the ground (in midair?!) but you can still pick them. - the overworld I mean.

EDIT 4: I like the adding of the rocket theme from GSC in shadow valley :D

EDIT 5: Large Update

- some more battles have steven intro.
- I am happier now I found out I can run from the mirror creatures.
- What is with that Heaven Beam??? - It takes anything down 1-hitKO and has 100% accuracy.
- The Giratina Shadow seems a bit thin.

And now I have completed this Beta.

(BTW-Will I be able to find JaGold if I go back to the tower?)

yes yes, I forgot to erase Steven's sprite... But it ain't that harmful, is it..?
and that Razz Berry, is that the berry where you'll battle Felinar..? if so, then I dunno what caused that crazy berry to move by itself... :\
the rocket music from GSC was already in Ruby, so I did not inserted it... :\
Heaven Beam has always been like that ever since RoL, but the only difference is that, in RoL, Heaven Beam has 40 PP, while in RR, has only 20 PP... devstating, I know... -__-
The Giratina overworld sprite or the battle sprite..? either which, they'll stay as is...
Jagold, the Sandslash, I dunno as of now... the plot is finished with the outlining, but the contents are still to be written... :\

Very nice hack, DJG. I've been playing it, but the Scyther team just completly obliterated me... :(

the Scyther Squad is eay to beat as long as pikachu has thunder wave and torchic has ember and peck...

finished it yesterday i love this hack

and LUKE became a dragonite yesterday
and i wanna see the beta 5!:)
i wanna go to chapter 3

lucky you then, and it's Steve, not Luke... :\
Thanks~

I hope see you add all Legend Pokemon
I think you add Gardian of thunder Ice(Snow) Dark Light Tree(Wood) Death(Dif Life)
Gaia or Ocean (Heaven Zeus = Anglian Hell Hades = Devilian i think wrong spell i can`t remember it)

and Game that Great i Like It

erm, what..?
I do not think I will add all the legendaries, since, I think the game will end after Chapter 3... :\
yet, thanks~

Heh, nice hack, but I found little glitch:
daa.png

It's easy to fix.

yah, I know that one already, yet, thanks.
fixed now... :)

I am using a completley clean english/Us ruby rom,
I've tested both with and without "MUGS intro"
and LIPS says the IPS data is malfunctioning or
someth'n...

So...

DjG, It would be really nice if you could post a Beta 4.11 or
something :P

//44tim44

hm, well, maybe LIPS is bugged..? dunno... :\

~~~UPDATES~~~
it's getting late...

Haven't made an update for a while now, have I..?
well, now that I got permission from revenge101 to use his sprite in DeviantArt, I can insert it no sweat.. :)
rescuerangers_01-33.png

I still need to confirm if his art was named Sprinephy, or Spriphony... :\

anyways, that would be all for now...
nytnyt~

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
I really like this new Fakemon. :]
Will you be able to put in Shaymin's new Form?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Shaymin's Ice Form..?
maybe later though... :\

well guys, I am EXTREMELY bored, and I still have no -what's the word? sheesh...- inspiration to continue the hack... -__-
well, while I was bored, I made a new sprite which you'll encounter in beta 5...
rescuerangers_01-34.png

from it's looks, you can tell that it's a ghost type... :\
that would be all...

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow new screenie and new fakemon love it :D hope your inspiration will come back :D and hope you can add new form of shaymin :D and also i luv your new sig :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
Whispiree looks weird.. I think it's a bit to big and a bit boring.. The shading of the sprite is not very well done.
Sorry about being a bit too critical!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
wow new screenie and new fakemon love it :D hope your inspiration will come back :D and hope you can add new form of shaymin :D and also i luv your new sig :D

the fakemon isn't really that good though... I made it to remove the boredom I had that time... :\
well, anyways, it's inserted and it'll stay as is, I guess... :\

yet, thanks for your comment~

Whispiree looks weird.. I think it's a bit to big and a bit boring.. The shading of the sprite is not very well done.
Sorry about being a bit too critical!

that' okay, I know it doesn't look that great but oh well, what can I say, I was bored that time... :\
well, it's only a normal poke to be found in the wild...
it ain't a special poke anyways... :\
yet, thanks~

Years
That Sprinephy somehow reminds me of Arceus. o_o
I like the new Fakemons. They look great.
Keep up on the good work ^^

Years
huh ? Whisperee is not a bad sprite guy's =O
Just a few things can be changed at the shading, and the idea is nice.
reminds me of that weather pokemon ( forgot his name =p )

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2014
i dont no how to get to pokemon... watever the place is to see steelix howw do i get there?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2008
Hey, first of all, I love the hack, GREAT WORK! I'm a bit stuck though, I just beat Angeallen and I don't know where to get the "papers" to submit to the hall of fame for my next mission. Thank's ahead of time

Years
Hey, first of all, I love the hack, GREAT WORK! I'm a bit stuck though, I just beat Angeallen and I don't know where to get the "papers" to submit to the hall of fame for my next mission. Thank's ahead of time
You don't.
Go to the right side of the square and talk to Caterpie for your next mission.

@Kid027
Poketropolis, you mean?
Make your way through Mineral Cave, until you see a moveable boulder (Requires Strength HM), move it and you'll be in Poketropolis in no time.

Hope I helped. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back