• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
If you're talking about Cinnabar Gym, did you think to look for the key in a nearby building?

Brien

Epic Panda.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I believe he is talking about cinnabar. Go to the mansion and find the key on the top floor.

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
Years
Green City? There's no city named that. S:
I believe you're talking about Viridian city. You have to beat all the other gym leaders first.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Has anyone else noticed that the nurse Joy in Fucshia (sp?) City in G/S/C is oddly colored? Is there any point to this, such as an anime reference, or is it nothing?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I've been playing Crystal and I've gone through the Ice Path so many times looking for a Swinub. Every source I find say that it's very common yet I have never seen it. Anyone got any answers?

The Red Chain

I've been playing Crystal and I've gone through the Ice Path so many times looking for a Swinub. Every source I find say that it's very common yet I have never seen it. Anyone got any answers?

Hm.. you could try getting a Pokemon with Sweet Scent and using it in the cave..
Or you could catch two Piloswine and breed them.

I'm not sure if Sweet Scent works in caves, but it could, so give it a shot if you'd like.

Rosepuggins

Master Trainer
Years
You can try using my strategy. Swinub are Ice/Ground and immune to electric attacks. So put an electric-type in your lead spot, preferably a young/weak one. Equip it with an item like smoke ball, that will allow it to escape any wild pokemon. Putting another ice or ground type up front works second best.

Some wild pokes are naturally programmed to be harder to catch than others, so a lot of it has to do with luck. But I've found using this strategy highly increases the chances of drawing out any specific pokemon you're hunting. Let me know if it works for you. :-]

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
He never said he had trouble catching it, he says he can't find one. Looking on bulbapedia, it says they don't appear at night in Crystal version, so if you've only searched at night, wait until it's morning or daytime.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Do R/B/Y have the dodgy internal batteries like G/S?
The batteries in Gold and Silver are not "dodgy"—they are normal batteries. However, Gold and Silver (and Crystal) have an internal clock that is constantly running. This naturally drains the battery.

Red and Blue do not have an internal clock, so their batteries do not run down as quickly.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2009
Pokemon Silver Help

Hi, I just got Silver. I have three gym badges and am trying to get to goldenrod city throught th union cave but at the end of the cave the enterence out is not there. How do i make it reappear? Thanks

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
Years
Wh-what? You can't even get to Goldenrod through Union Cave, it connects Violet and Azalea... And Goldenrod is the 3rd badge so you should be heading for Ecrutek. What screwed up version of Silver are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back