• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
well i guess i'll post! i love all your tools, especially the gsc trade editor. i can't try out your dp tools, because my ds emulator's not working. i think it's because i don't have a good enough graphics card or something. :( oh well. they look awesome though!

timmay65214

Is the "Idea" Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
Please make the G/S mart editor compatable with Crystal. That woudl be highly appreciated

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Hi Swampert.
The RBYG Gym leader editor has a problem... the attacks ara all messed up
e.g. i changed Lorelei´s Lapras for an articuno and the ice bird had ALL of Lapras´s attacks
(I had to change them by hex)

Years
you make some realy cool tools for almost all pokemon games.
but you know what tools would be cool.
1) a D/P map editor
2) a tool that edits the moves a pokemon learns as it levels up for D/P
3) A Pallete editor for D/P

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
1) a D/P map editor

and maybe a Emerald palette editor. (APE does not work on it)

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

not sure why but for some of the tools It keeps giving me this sayign that it is missing. comdlg32.OCX

I really want to edit the pokemon gym leaders but I can't because of this.

also your link to the wild pokemon editor made by thethethe is missing on your website.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
ya i can't find an Emerald palete editor that works either.
WTF - -'
APE works for all GBA games as far as I know..
Damn.. you guys are really getting me angry!
You guys can't use a program, so it doesn't work.. damn.
If you're missing a file, just download the file and put it in your WINDOWS\system32 folder OR in the same folder as the program.
If APE for some reason still 'doesn't work', learn to use a HEX Editor then - -'

Btw, HERE is a screenshot to show you APE DOES WORK for Emerald..

And now, please B2T.
If you really want swampert22 to make <name>tool. Send him a PM or something..
This thread is for discussing the tools he published. So, share your opinion: what could be better, ...

I'm just typing because I get calmer when I do :P I really started typing when I was angry - -'

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
WTF - -'
If you're missing a file, just download the file and put it in your WINDOWS\system32 folder OR in the same folder as the program.
If APE for some reason still 'doesn't work', learn to use a HEX Editor then - -'
Damn, this happens for EVERY TOOL EVER RELEASED! Some guy comes over and goes, "Hey, I don't know any offsets or have a rom or anything, but I opened it and expected it to magically find me a rom, download it, open it at the offset of the sprite I was imagining, and then proceed to edit the palettes via telekinesis! OMG but it didn't work that LAMEZ000R !!!! ! 11 six"
I'm just typing because I get calmer when I do :P I really started typing when I was angry - -'
I type anyway. It's all I do all day :D

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
I want to give HackMew a shout here, he really is an ace guy, he helped me out loads with the workings of the text editing part of these two programs, without him, I would not have been able to complete these. Thanks HackMew!

Ah, Yes, I agree - Without him, all my tools will never be complete. Thanks alot Andrea!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Help

After I got this file from memeish and I stuck it in teh same place where the program was it still said that I was missing that file.

here is the file's name: comdlg32.OCX

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Hi Swampert.
The RBYG Gym leader editor has a problem... the attacks ara all messed up
e.g. i changed Lorelei´s Lapras for an articuno and the ice bird had ALL of Lapras´s attacks
(I had to change them by hex)

Right OK. I'll look into that. It must be because the Elite 4 have set attacks for the Pokémon, so I'll find the attacks and add a new feature for the elite 4. Thanks for the notification of this problem!

1) a D/P map editor

Right let's see what we've got here...

1) For the last time, D/P map editing is not yet possible on the levels of GBA hacking. When it is, then a map editor will be released by somebody that has all the relevant information, but not before...

2) This is possible, and I will probably make something like this soon, when I figure it all out!

3) I thought there was already a D/P pallete editor by the Italian Developers?

not sure why but for some of the tools It keeps giving me this sayign that it is missing. comdlg32.OCX

I really want to edit the pokemon gym leaders but I can't because of this.

also your link to the wild pokemon editor made by thethethe is missing on your website.

OK so this is for the Gym and Elite 4 editor I take it. What OS do you have? I made it so it should work with all, (works on my Vista)...

The reason there is no link to thethethethe's wild editor is because he hasn't finished and released it yet!

WTF - -'

Btw, HERE is a screenshot to show you APE DOES WORK for Emerald..

And now, please B2T.
If you really want swampert22 to make <name>tool. Send him a PM or something..
This thread is for discussing the tools he published. So, share your opinion: what could be better, ...

Haha thanks man. Everybody, D-Trogh is right, if you think you have a good idea for a tool, just PM me with the details!

Wow, really nice!
More I hope!

Thanks! Cool name by the way!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

I have vista swapert.

also I got the elte for gym leader thing to work now.

but hte poke edit gb on your website says I am missing a file called comdlg32.OCX but I do have it I put it with the program but that did not work so I put it in windows/system 32 but it still does not work.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
I have vista swapert.

also I got the elte for gym leader thing to work now.

but hte poke edit gb on your website says I am missing a file called comdlg32.OCX but I do have it I put it with the program but that did not work so I put it in windows/system 32 but it still does not work.

I know that is a problem, but I can't do a lot about that seeing as its thethethethe's program. When progamming, I use HackMew's common dialogue. (To non-programmers, basically it just nulls the need or comdlg32.ocx and others). thethethethe didn't use this so unless he re-programs, I can't see these running on Vista. If you're really desperate, try it on an older PC or laptop. There must be one you can use somewhere...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
1) a D/P map editor

you know, if you are going to keep asking "that" on a persons toolbox thread, maybe you should just do it yourself.
Also, not only is there pallete editor for d/p/p, i think i saw horus say something on PHO about how APE works with d/p/p also.
anyways back on topic....

Swampert22, the tools are really awesome and i have found no problems with the G/S mart editor or tradEd editor.
i think i'm starting to get into G/S/C hacking because of these tools(yes, i don't know a thing about hex so i rely on tools).
i hope to see more of your great work Swampert22!
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back