• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Ralts

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
So in my quest to try to complete all the pokedexes of all the games, I'm also sort of looking for shinies. The number one shiny I want at the moment is Ralts - everyone has that one that got away story, and this is mine.

Basically, Ralts was the first ever shiny pokemon I encountered. Unfortunately, it was during the catching tutorial so Wally got it instead of me! I was still kinda stoked to have a funky game where the rival had a shiny, up until my first battle against him. Then I was disappointed to see that his Ralts was not shiny.

As it stands, I have since caught one shiny in Ruby (Mawile) and one in Alpha Sapphie (Hariyama) and no more.

Years
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's suffered a similar fate- one time when I was playing Fire Red, during the Pokemon catching tutorial from the old man in Viridian, a shiny Weedle appeared and he caught it. I don't think I touched the game for like a week after that, haha.

Years
Omg that must have sucked, I've never encountered a shiny during a tutorial like that but I heard that there is a really tiny chance that Wally won't capture the Ralts which would be pretty weird to witness haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
It wasn't during the capture tutorials, but I have had a couple similar situations.

In my first playthrough of Heart Gold, I ran into a shiny Sentret on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. As in, before I had any Poke Balls.

And, not too long ago, I was replaying Emerald on an emulator, and the same thing happened again. I encountered a shiny Poochyena before I made it back to Birch to get Poke Balls.

Back