• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unl

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
-How can I randomize the evolutions of my pokes? Is there any tutorial or program or command that would aloow me to do this in Emerald?

-How could I make the pokemon learn some moves when they evolve without determining the level D:? For instance, if clefairy evolved into Clefable at level 54, it would learn Charm, but it evolved at level 87, it would still learn Charm.Is there any tutorial or program or command that would aloow me to do this in Emerald?

Could anyone be so kind to answer the above questions?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
-How can I randomize the evolutions of my pokes? Is there any tutorial or program or command that would aloow me to do this in Emerald?
I have no idea. I don't think there is a way of doing that.
-How could I make the pokemon learn some moves when they evolve without determining the level D:? For instance, if clefairy evolved into Clefable at level 54, it would learn Charm, but it evolved at level 87, it would still learn Charm.Is there any tutorial or program or command that would aloow me to do this in Emerald?
There is a way, but it will waste a lot of free space. Just make it so the pokemon learns the move at every level. There is no other way.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I haven't got my question answered yet. Can someone help me on this?

I'll give you a SCREENSHOT GUIDE, eh?

Spoiler:

Unl

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
@Darthatron: You see, I'm editing the ROM using YAPE, and I was planning a Draft System to go with the randon evolutions. I'm making the evolutions 'random' by making three branch evolutions (atk>def,atk=def,atk<def) and evening the atk+def stats of the mons. Then, when they evolve I wanted them to learn 4 new moves (and I needed this level to be random so that a many mon could evolve into the same poke at different levels and still get the new moves) and by accepting some moves and deleting others, the player would create his own custom movepool. This feature is quite important for my project, and I would really like it to work, so could you please tell me how to implement 'moves-independent-of-level'?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
@Darthatron: You see, I'm editing the ROM using YAPE, and I was planning a Draft System to go with the randon evolutions. I'm making the evolutions 'random' by making three branch evolutions (atk>def,atk=def,atk<def) and evening the atk+def stats of the mons. Then, when they evolve I wanted them to learn 4 new moves (and I needed this level to be random so that a many mon could evolve into the same poke at different levels and still get the new moves) and by accepting some moves and deleting others, the player would create his own custom movepool. This feature is quite important for my project, and I would really like it to work, so could you please tell me how to implement 'moves-independent-of-level'?

There is no current way of doing that. Unless you hacked the attack learning routine, to check if the level in the data structure is something (127, probably), and then make it learn the attack that way. Look into ASM.

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
Years
I was just wondering how one changes the initial start position of the player in Firered, be it of a different map or different coordinates. Many thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011

it can be done with Advance Map.
Look at the byte numbers of those ledges and put the same numbers on your new tile.

The strange part is the numbers for the ledges are 1 - this can't be right can it? There should be a different one for ledges, not just the one for solid objects. Well, every map I look at, along the ledges it has 1111111111.

What is the number for ledges?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
The strange part is the numbers for the ledges are 1 - this can't be right can it? There should be a different one for ledges, not just the one for solid objects. Well, every map I look at, along the ledges it has 1111111111.
What is the number for ledges?

It is 1. Try it, it works. Ledge tiles use 1 to jump for jumping over, proven by original maps in Pokemon. (Why would the originals be like that if it didn't work?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Curious. How does it know the difference between a solid object and a ledge? Is it something encoded into the sprite itself?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
If making a new tile a ledge, then yes, the Block Behaviour is the thing that makes it a ledge (similar to how Cave Entrances work, and doors and the like). But if using them in a map, the movement permission must be 1 for it to work as well.

Now, I have a question. The slot machines all have different behaviour bytes. What do these do? I have a feeling they are linked to the odds of winning on them, but I am not sure.

Years
Thank You Ninja Caterpie. When you say put the offset of your choice, do you mean I can put in anything? Yes? I am hacking Emerald, and the alpha will end at the first gym, how do I post screenshots from my ROM Hack and put them on my ROM Hack's thread/etc.?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
You can put wherever you know free space to be on your ROM.

Running a quick check on Emerald, I believe the true free space lies E00000 onwards, so you'd put that into the offset for the defactoring.

For screenshots, use the screenshot button in your emulator (F12 for VBA, PrtScrn then paste into Paint for No$GBA) and save it as a file. Make an account on photobucket or imageshack and upload it there, then link to it.

But, uhm, a hack with just text edits doesn't sound like much. Learn to script; it's not hard. It's just remembering some very obvious command words.

Years
The hack will have trainer battle edits with A-Trainer, map edits with Advance Map, the starters are the Kanto ones. I will use a hex editor especially since I want to hack Red,Gol ,and Crystal but that will be later. Besides Hex editing isn't that hard to learn, right?

Years
Hi! I would like to ask you about treatment of sound in Pokemon Emerald. Well, I would like to get sound from Gym Leaders in Pokemon Heart Gold and move it into Elite Four (Without Wallace) to Emerald. Is it possible? How can I do it and what programmes will I need? Please, help.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Running a quick check on Emerald, I believe the true free space lies E00000 onwards, so you'd put that into the offset for the defactoring.

There's quite a bit of free space from roughly 0x9C1000 to 0xAFFFFF as well.

What's the best (and easiest) program to use for spriting?

Honestly, I just use Paint but I've heard of people using GIMP too. As I see it, any image manipulation program should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back