• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Bill's Secret Garden - True or False?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
Okay, I would like to know if this is just some internet rumor or that it's true. Does it exist in ANY of the games? I was under the impression that it doesn't, seeing as there are many websites that claim to have several ways to 'access' it by doing some things or catching certain Pokemon. Doesn't Bill ask to see all the evolutions of Evee? Or did I dream that?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
No, it doesnt exist. Trust me. I happen to know one of the people who started that rumor, well, at least around my neck of the woods. Bill's Backyard was a hoax to begin with.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Doesn't Bill ask to see all the evolutions of Evee?

He doesn't. He already has them and asks you to look at their entries via his PC in the Sea Cottage.

So, yeah, it doesn't exist. Easy way to point this out is the fact that there's actually no set version as to how to do it (I've heard everything from there needs to be a couple of Geodude in your party to all three legendary birds in a certain order to all three Eeveelutions and three Eevee in a certain order.), nor are there screenshots of what the area looks like. There's also no map data coded for a secret area accessible from the Sea Cottage or the map/key/important item you're supposed to get in some versions in order to access it.

gameshark

CHEAT POWER!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2008
well, it does exist...but not particuly how you would expect. its kind of like glitch city, but its got bill in it. ive gone there. but yes, it was a hoax calling it the secret garden. its just a screwed up place with bill in the middle

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Nope.

well, it does exist...but not particuly how you would expect. its kind of like glitch city, but its got bill in it. ive gone there. but yes, it was a hoax calling it the secret garden. its just a screwed up place with bill in the middle
That's not the secret garden. There actually is a secret garden, but it doesn't have anything interesting. You have to use a glitch to get there.

HOW TO GET TO BILL'S BORINGLY SECRET GARDEN

Requirements:
A Pokemon that knows SURF
A Pokemon that knows FLY or TELEPORT (to get out, because otherwise, there's no way to get back in the regular game!)

Steps:
1. Go to Bill's house at the cove, but don't go in.
2. Go to one place that has SURFable water up from you, and the barrels on the other side (By barrels, I mean the things that keep you from going out of bounds)
3. Walk towards the water, and you should hear the can't go there sound. Keep doing that, and without letting go of the button, press the START button.
4. Save and reset your GameBoy or VBA.
5. Once you start playing again, your character should be facing the water instead of the classic down.
6. Without moving, press START and start SURFing. It should surf down, right onto the barrel!
7. Keep SURFing, and go to the land next to Bill's house. That's Bill's Boringly Secret Garden. To get out, use FLY, TELEPORT, or reset the game.

There. That's my explanation of Bill's Secret Garden.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I wouldn't call that a secret garden so much as a glitch to get to the patch of land beside the house. The myth refers to the space behind the house, which looks like it leads out to another map (but actually doesn't).

Same thing with using the Glitch City variant. While it's possible to screw with the Sea Cottage using Game Shark/AR (and possibly the Glitch City process), it's just the Sea Cottage, not a secret place supposedly behind it (which is what the myth refers to).

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
Interesting video. It's cool to see glitches like that happen. However my question is the same as one of the comments; can you encounter pokemon in that patch of water where you're not meant to be? and also can you go onto land on that cliff edge to the side? I'm assuming not, but itd be cool to see lol

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
http://youtube.com/watch?v=akUr9sGQmZA

It does exist, but it's a pointless glitch with no real rewarding after-effect.

Again, the Bill's Secret Garden/Mountain myth refers to a place behind the house, not next to it. Notice how there's a space behind the house that appears to lead to another map (because the mountainside appears to be unfinished)? There's been speculations for years on whether or not it does, and really, it doesn't.

The glitch exists and actually works, yes, but you can't access the place that the myth refers to through it. All you can access is the side of the house.

And to crocadilius, no, there's no Pokemon to be encountered in that patch of water as far as I know from experimenting. It's mostly because you're not supposed to be there anyway.

Lu

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2008
That's not the secret garden. There actually is a secret garden, but it doesn't have anything interesting. You have to use a glitch to get there.

HOW TO GET TO BILL'S BORINGLY SECRET GARDEN

Requirements:
A Pokemon that knows SURF
A Pokemon that knows FLY or TELEPORT (to get out, because otherwise, there's no way to get back in the regular game!)

Steps:
1. Go to Bill's house at the cove, but don't go in.
2. Go to one place that has SURFable water up from you, and the barrels on the other side (By barrels, I mean the things that keep you from going out of bounds)
3. Walk towards the water, and you should hear the can't go there sound. Keep doing that, and without letting go of the button, press the START button.
4. Save and reset your GameBoy or VBA.
5. Once you start playing again, your character should be facing the water instead of the classic down.
6. Without moving, press START and start SURFing. It should surf down, right onto the barrel!
7. Keep SURFing, and go to the land next to Bill's house. That's Bill's Boringly Secret Garden. To get out, use FLY, TELEPORT, or reset the game.

There. That's my explanation of Bill's Secret Garden.

so,what happens when u get there ? o.O

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Bill's secret garden is probably not true,
Other people say that there are legendaries
here but Bill only likes Rare pokemons so it's probably not true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back