• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I think you have to find blackglasses for some guy, but I haven't a clue where they are, and I've looked everywhere I could think of. It's driving me into even more serious insanity... I think I'm going to cheat and open the thing in Advance Map.
*was instantly incinerated by a lightning bolt*

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I think you have to find blackglasses for some guy, but I haven't a clue where they are, and I've looked everywhere I could think of. It's driving me into even more serious insanity... I think I'm going to cheat and open the thing in Advance Map.
*was instantly incinerated by a lightning bolt*
Lol, just look at my post below.

@your other post: I'll let you know if I need any ideas ;)

I am stuck in route 1 is that the end of the alpha or is there a certain event?
Okay, route 1....

Spoiler:

New Updates; Screenshots

I have some screenshot updates from a completed Team Knox Event. Hint: This is where you supposedly get a Totodile somehow, and it's not going to be the same as when you got Cyndaquil. Guess what Pokémon's next? :P

Screen(s) are below.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Oh, I get it now! No wonder I also couldn't find them in A-map!
The Totodile and "secret Pokemon" are a great idea. One thought though. Instead of letting the player get all of the Johto region starters, have you considered staggering it (so like one from Kanto, one from Johto, one from Hoenn)? I guess it really doesn't make too much of a difference, and I love Feraligatr anyway. Also, will there be some sort of event where Cyndaquil 'smells' the other Cyndaquils in a Knox base? Like a rescue mission type thing?
Although if the plot get's any deeper, I'll drown.
Incredible job, cooley, keep it up. Maybe if we all sign a petition we can get Nintendo to hand over the rights to you...
By the way, what was the inspiration for "Sprash" attack?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Oh, I get it now! No wonder I also couldn't find them in A-map!
The Totodile and "secret Pokemon" are a great idea. One thought though. Instead of letting the player get all of the Johto region starters, have you considered staggering it (so like one from Kanto, one from Johto, one from Hoenn)? I guess it really doesn't make too much of a difference, and I love Feraligatr anyway. Also, will there be some sort of event where Cyndaquil 'smells' the other Cyndaquils in a Knox base? Like a rescue mission type thing?
Although if the plot get's any deeper, I'll drown.
Incredible job, cooley, keep it up. Maybe if we all sign a petition we can get Nintendo to hand over the rights to you...
By the way, what was the inspiration for "Sprash" attack?
There's going to be something like that. But what if Cyndaquil is evolved/deposited? And for the starter questions, I just don't want it that way.. I don't want for the Player to be able to catch every Hoenn starters because then I'd have to add more Hoenn Pokemon into the wild. I want him to be able to catch around 150 mix of Kanto and Johto and a few Hoenn(legendaries, and common pokes), like original games. Don't be mad at me for this :P

The SPRASH attack, was inspired by Hoppip. I like that Pokemon, and didn;t want to change it's moveset. I didn't realize it only learned Splash and Synthesis when I caught and, an unknowinly put it as a last resort pokemon (my Cyndaquil fainted :() Yep. I lost that battle.

Since Magikarp is a sorry Pokemon, I wanted to keep it like that, and edited Splash to do damage based on the opponents level.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
There's going to be something like that. But what if Cyndaquil is evolved/deposited? And for the starter questions, I just don't want it that way.. I don't want for the Player to be able to catch every Hoenn starters because then I'd have to add more Hoenn Pokemon into the wild. I want him to be able to catch around 150 mix of Kanto and Johto and a few Hoenn(legendaries, and common pokes), like original games. Don't be mad at me for this :P

The SPRASH attack, was inspired by Hoppip. I like that Pokemon, and didn;t want to change it's moveset. I didn't realize it only learned Splash and Synthesis when I caught and, an unknowinly put it as a last resort pokemon (my Cyndaquil fainted :() Yep. I lost that battle.

Since Magikarp is a sorry Pokemon, I wanted to keep it like that, and edited Splash to do damage based on the opponents level.
OK, I get it. Not mad at you by the way (I have no reason to be, since the hack itself wouldn't exist without you), you have a good point about the Hoenn starters...
Now as for the Cyndaquil event, the evolution probably wouldn't be as much of a problem (I'm sure Typhlosion can smell just as well as Cyndaquil) but you're absolutely right when you mention the possibility that Cyndaquil has been deposited. Here are two ideas for that:

1. The player is the one to notice the kidnapped Cyndaquil, he either hears them or sees a Knox grunt running down an escapee.

2. The player has to pose as a Knox grunt to infiltrate a hidden base on a specific mission to free the Cyndaquil. As part of his cover, he can be required to bring a Cyndaquil with him (he can say he caught a runaway?). There are still the previously mentioned flaws, but if he has to have Cyndaquil with him, he can't deposit it, and you seem to have prevented Cyndaquil from evolving for a time (for which I hate you just a little). But in any case, it doesn't even necessarily have to be a Cyndaquil that the player takes "hostage." Another option would be that the player teams up with a Legendary Pokemon (or someone makes a mock-up of one) and pretends to be taking it to the Boss.
The most awkward part of this event (for me) would be finding a way to change the players OW sprite temporarily to look more like a Knox Grunt...

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. Again, and I guess I've said this about a million times by now, you've done a great job with this. Keep it up!

Last edited:

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
This is shaping up to be a great hack. The maps are well designed, there isn't anything out of the ordinary, and it's funny too ^_^

Can't wait for the beta release.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Those screen shots are great and the sliver OW is looking
nice too can't for the beta good luck

Last edited:

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
and you seem to have prevented Cyndaquil from evolving for a time (for which I hate you just a little)

Actually, when Cyndaquil faked evolving, it wasn't even the right level to evolve! Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava at level 14, which it hadn't reached yet.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Well I can say that this game is well scripted. I can't say I'm a big fan of the maps. They're well designed but there is hardly any playability.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
My Cyndaquil didn't try to evolve 'til level 14...

The reason it did not evolve at the lvl it is supposed to evolve at
is that you did not have the pokedex yet without it the pokemon
can not evolve

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Actually, when Cyndaquil faked evolving, it wasn't even the right level to evolve! Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava at level 14, which it hadn't reached yet.

Spoiler:

On-Topic:
Well, those previous updates a few post back... Those are nice!
I like the OW of the Admin...
I think that the Sprite could be a little better but whatever! It works!

This hack seems to be progressing nicely!

~Flaming Flarez~
~No need for words~

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Spoiler:

On-Topic:
Well, those previous updates a few post back... Those are nice!
I like the OW of the Admin...
I think that the Sprite could be a little better but whatever! It works!

This hack seems to be progressing nicely!

~Flaming Flarez~
~No need for words~
Well as always, I appreciate your input ^_^
And the Cyndaquil evolving thing... It's not a bug, it's a way to make sure you catch other Pokémon and train them, instead of Leveling up Cyndaquil until he's level 30 before the Alpha ends xD

Well I can say that this game is well scripted. I can't say I'm a big fan of the maps. They're well designed but there is hardly any playability.
The maps are a way to make sure you play the game longer. But after the Alpha, I realized it's a kinda cheap shot :P
So in the Beta, you'll get a lot of playability :)

OK, I get it. Not mad at you by the way (I have no reason to be, since the hack itself wouldn't exist without you), you have a good point about the Hoenn starters...
Now as for the Cyndaquil event, the evolution probably wouldn't be as much of a problem (I'm sure Typhlosion can smell just as well as Cyndaquil) but you're absolutely right when you mention the possibility that Cyndaquil has been deposited. Here are two ideas for that:

1. The player is the one to notice the kidnapped Cyndaquil, he either hears them or sees a Knox grunt running down an escapee.

2. The player has to pose as a Knox grunt to infiltrate a hidden base on a specific mission to free the Cyndaquil. As part of his cover, he can be required to bring a Cyndaquil with him (he can say he caught a runaway?). There are still the previously mentioned flaws, but if he has to have Cyndaquil with him, he can't deposit it, and you seem to have prevented Cyndaquil from evolving for a time (for which I hate you just a little). But in any case, it doesn't even necessarily have to be a Cyndaquil that the player takes "hostage." Another option would be that the player teams up with a Legendary Pokemon (or someone makes a mock-up of one) and pretends to be taking it to the Boss.
The most awkward part of this event (for me) would be finding a way to change the players OW sprite temporarily to look more like a Knox Grunt...

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. Again, and I guess I've said this about a million times by now, you've done a great job with this. Keep it up!
Thanks, again :P

Okay, I appreciate your concern for Eruption, and I understand you want it to be fun and exciting to play through, but your Ideas don't seem... Real. For Silver to take a Pokémon hostage to help the other Pokémon, would throw off the whole storyline I've planned. Coherently speaking, this event requires too much to seem logical. And it seems a bit silly to me.

If I were to make this, it would be long and annoying to script, that's the whole reason basically. Not to put your Idea down or anything, but it doesn't seem practical to the storyline.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, I appreciate your concern for Eruption, and I understand you want it to be fun and exciting to play through, but your Ideas don't seem... Real. For Silver to take a Pokémon hostage to help the other Pokémon, would throw off the whole storyline I've planned. Coherently speaking, this event requires too much to seem logical. And it seems a bit silly to me.

If I were to make this, it would be long and annoying to script, that's the whole reason basically. Not to put your Idea down or anything, but it doesn't seem practical to the storyline.
Okay, I get it. Sorry if I'm becoming annoying, I just tend to let my mouth run (or my fingers in this case).
From this point on I'll avoid offering suggestions unless I'm asked to, although I do want to clarify something real quick.
I didn't mean that Silver should take a Pokemon hostage, I was saying that he might fake doing so. Granted, it's kind of an overused line, and it would probably be a pain to script. Anyway, thanks for your patience with me. Shutting up.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Is Cyndaquil going to evolve or not? Anyways, I pretty like your Knox Admin OW, as it's awesome. Well, if you've done the Knox Admin OW, would you consider to do the Knox Grunts' both Male and Female OW's?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I don't know if it's just me, but I got 16 rare candies.
That's a bug. Actually I put it there so I could breeze through battles when testing some events...

Is Cyndaquil going to evolve or not? Anyways, I pretty like your Knox Admin OW, as it's awesome. Well, if you've done the Knox Admin OW, would you consider to do the Knox Grunts' both Male and Female OW's?
Why wouldn't Cyndaquil evolve? Of course it'll evolve... It doesn't evolve until you get your Pokédex, and since everyone is putting their Cyndaquil on Steroids, I'll have to raise the level it evolves, to level 17. :P. And the Grunts, I will probably just change the letter on their shirts and might change the palette.

Okay, I get it. Sorry if I'm becoming annoying, I just tend to let my mouth run (or my fingers in this case).
From this point on I'll avoid offering suggestions unless I'm asked to, although I do want to clarify something real quick.
I didn't mean that Silver should take a Pokemon hostage, I was saying that he might fake doing so. Granted, it's kind of an overused line, and it would probably be a pain to script. Anyway, thanks for your patience with me. Shutting up.
Keep up the good work!
You don't have to shut up, or anything of the like. I was just criticizing your Idea, which is my job as the creator of this hack :P
______
Okay, good news.. I just finished three events, and only have to do one more which includes Paul, and that should be the whole BETA. I can say it should be out this week, but don't get mad if it doesn't xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
Great game...but the end was a bit weird...
"A strange force is preventing me from entering the cave" "Oh, you can't go in there, sorry!" "then there is olny one thing to do...END THE ALPHA!" ...I mean...wow...Anyway, nice game....so is beta out this week? :D

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
So the beta might be out this week great can't wait to see
what it will be like keep up the great work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back