• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't think we should compare clemont to brock yet, lets see if he stays. And like I said goodra isn't completely released just yet...

Oh please , Clemont is just like Brock and every other male traveling companion of Ash ! Only the age is different .
He would be different if he had Love & Hate relationship with Ash because he think Science can solve everything while Ash believe in Guts .

Honestly , I prefer if Ash trade Hawlucha for Trevenant! That way , Ash will finally get a Ghost type pokemon . Skiddo & Gogoat are Just boring !
Plus , Trevenant can control trees just like Glalie can control Ice!
Therefore , Trevenant seem more parallel to Gialie then other Kalo Pokemon.
Let see -
-- A Rat , A Bird , A Bat , A frog , A Kitten , A Tree ! Look like a Balance team.
Honestly , I want Trevenant to be 7 or 10 feet tall in anime ! I mean its a tree pokemon for god sake , 4'11 is just too short for Trevenant size.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Honestly , I don't want Clemont to get any Pokemon considering he is the Core reason behind the Goodar Fiasco !
It already hurting that Goodra will leave !
But its even more painful watching Clemont catching a Noibat that could be Noivern Or a cool pokemon like Eevee! Its like rubbing salt into the wound.
There several reason Clemont shouldn't have any pokemon--

---He's a inventor , not a trainer

---Brock only caught 2 pokemon in Kanto So 2 pokemon should be okay for Clemont.

--- He's the core reason behind Goodra fiasco So he should pay a prize for it.

Plus , Its a pain in the ass to see Ash losing a Potential Noivern to Clemont , Serena & James Just because of Hawlucha !
Noivern is a far better pokemon then Hawlucha and its has a better Signature attack call ''Boom Blast''.
Hawlucha signature move is by far the most Stupid Signature move ! The Game designer probably didn't consider physic before coming up with such a stupid signature move.
Flying press is just a fancy version of ''Body slam'' ! And all sort of ''Body Slam'' attack depend on weight .
Hawlucha is 2'07 tall Pokemon with 21.5 kg weight .
A slam attack from that pokemon won't really hurt pokemon over 3'00 tall .
Plus , Its easy to dough and defend ! All a Pokemon has to do is point his fist toward Hawlucha when its using ''Flying press'' and Hawlucha will self KO itself.
The game may have ignore ''Physic'' But the Anime follows the rule of Physic .
If the Game wanted ''Flying press'' as Hawlucha signature move then they should have gave Hawlucha a 2nd evolutionary stage where its gain considerable weight & height for Flying press to work.

Keep in mind Ash's Hawlucha is very fast, so it's "Body Slam" actually gains enough force to badly damage stuff, even with its low weight. Also, Hawlucha will not self KO itself, you can compare it to the wrestler Rey Mysterio which, although seemingly frail and weak, is actually very durable, strong and has high flying capabilities.
Noivern is a better Pokemon than Hawlucha??? I'm sorry but on what basis are you making this claim? Also, Boomburst is not Noivern's signature move. Chatot, Exploud, Swellow and Flygon also learn it and 3 of them get STAB on it.

Spoiler:

Oh please , Clemont is just like Brock and every other male traveling companion of Ash ! Only the age is different .
He would be different if he had Love & Hate relationship with Ash because he think Science can solve everything while Ash believe in Guts .

Honestly , I prefer if Ash trade Hawlucha for Trevenant! That way , Ash will finally get a Ghost type pokemon . Skiddo & Gogoat are Just boring !
Plus , Trevenant can control trees just like Glalie can control Ice!
Therefore , Trevenant seem more parallel to Gialie then other Kalo Pokemon.
Let see -
-- A Rat , A Bird , A Bat , A frog , A Kitten , A Tree ! Look like a Balance team.
Honestly , I want Trevenant to be 7 or 10 feet tall in anime ! I mean its a tree pokemon for god sake , 4'11 is just too short for Trevenant size.

I'd rather have Ash get Doublade or Aegislash if he gets a Ghost-type. Trevenant would not suit him imo, and would really, really scare kids (especially girls) if it shows up every episode. Yes, Trevenant is a tree, but it is a haunted tree.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Keep in mind Ash's Hawlucha is very fast, so it's "Body Slam" actually gains enough force to badly damage stuff, even with its low weight. Also, Hawlucha will not self KO itself, you can compare it to the wrestler Rey Mysterio which, although seemingly frail and weak, is actually very durable, strong and has high flying capabilities.
Noivern is a better Pokemon than Hawlucha??? I'm sorry but on what basis are you making this claim? Also, Boomburst is not Noivern's signature move. Chatot, Exploud, Swellow and Flygon also learn it and 3 of them get STAB on it.

Spoiler:

I'd rather have Ash get Doublade or Aegislash if he gets a Ghost-type. Trevenant would not suit him imo, and would really, really scare kids (especially girls) if it shows up every episode. Yes, Trevenant is a tree, but it is a haunted tree.
and trevenant is a dead kid lost in the woods... Not exactly child friendly if a main character...

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Phantump you mean ;)
To a degree yes, but trevenant evolves from it, suggesting the longer the kids soul is trapped in that stump, the more and more it changes, until it's a full tree.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Spoiler:

Unfortunately for you , It doesn't matter how fast Hawlucha is !
It need to attack from very high to reach enough speed and produce enough force to do real damage.
But By the time its reach that high and laugh its attack , its would enough time for a Pokemon to move away and point its paw toward Hawlucha.
Kind of like How A mare ''Pound'' from Frokie was enough to KO Hawlucha.
Plus When Hawlucha use ''Flying Press'' , Its body become defenseless ! Giving a perfect opportunity to foe to attack .

Also , Anime=/=Game !
In the game , A pikachu can beat a Kyogre But that doesn't mean Pikachus are really strong enough Kyogre in Anime .

Oh please , If that were true then Gengar would be Banned from Pokemon Anime!
However , Kids aren't weak enough to scare of Ghost Pokemon like Gengar or Trevenant.
Also , Ash catch's a grass type in every region So I rather prefer Trevenant then a Boring Assed Skkido.
Truth is , Its fun to see soft side of a scary pokemon.

and trevenant is a dead kid lost in the woods... Not exactly child friendly if a main character...

Ya and , Banette is the Angry sprit of a Doll that was abandon by Kids ! Even though Banette has a per-evolution.
Dude , Its just a Legend !
If Banette is an Angry spirit of Abandoned Dolls then it wouldn't have a Per-evolution since its directly born from a Doll .
Same Way , Trevenany isn't a spirit of a Dead Kid!
Its Just a Friendly pokemon that protect the Forrest from Evil People ! Which mean its Heroic Pokemon that Ash deserve .

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Unfortunately for you , It doesn't matter how fast Hawlucha is !
It need to attack from very high to reach enough speed and produce enough force to do real damage.
But By the time its reach that high and laugh its attack , its would enough time for a Pokemon to move away and point its paw toward Hawlucha.
Kind of like How A mare ''Pound'' from Frokie was enough to KO Hawlucha.
Plus When Hawlucha use ''Flying Press'' , Its body become defenseless ! Giving a perfect opportunity to foe to attack .

Also , Anime=/=Game !
In the game , A pikachu can beat a Kyogre But that doesn't mean Pikachus are really strong enough Kyogre in Anime .

Oh please , If that were true then Gengar would be Banned from Pokemon Anime!
However , Kids aren't weak enough to scare of Ghost Pokemon like Gengar or Trevenant.
Also , Ash catch's a grass type in every region So I rather prefer Trevenant then a Boring Assed Skkido.
Truth is , Its fun to see soft side of a scary pokemon.

Ya and , Banette is the Angry sprit of a Doll that was abandon by Kids ! Even though Banette has a per-evolution.
Dude , Its just a Legend !
If Banette is an Angry spirit of Abandoned Dolls then it wouldn't have a Per-evolution since its directly born from a Doll .
Same Way , Trevenany isn't a spirit of a Dead Kid!
Its Just a Friendly pokemon that protect the Forrest from Evil People ! Which mean its Heroic Pokemon that Ash deserve .

>it doesn't matter how fast Hawlucha is, its opponent would have time to charge an attack
>gengar would be banned from anime
>kids aren't weak enough to be scared of Ghost-types

hunh... well... yeah...

also trevenant might be a friendly pokemon but it is still a Ghost and there are children which freak out at the thought of this. remember that episode when a trevenant kidnapped Ash?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
>it doesn't matter how fast Hawlucha is, its opponent would have time to charge an attack
>gengar would be banned from anime
>kids aren't weak enough to be scared of Ghost-types

hunh... well... yeah...

also trevenant might be a friendly pokemon but it is still a Ghost and there are children which freak out at the thought of this. remember that episode when a trevenant kidnapped Ash?

Ya , I remember it and there was nothing wrong with it !
There haven''t been any report of any Kids being so scared of Trevenant that he had a heart-attack !
Trevenant simply Kidnapped Ash to help his friend that were caught in Team Rocket .
Just like A Scarfty kidnapped Axew to get Ash help in getting back his nest! Do you remember that episode ?
Trevenant are the guardian of forest , There is nothing Evil about them!

Honestly , Kids will thrill to know that Now Ash process the Power to control Tree and Forest by using Trevenant !

LMAO. What proof do you have that Ash will someday catch a Lucario? Like why can't it be a Zoroark or a Milotic or whatever other Pokemon classified as "rare, too badass for Ash to get".

I didn't said Ash will get a Lucario !
I said that I don't care about any other Lucario unless it caught by Ash ! But since Ash will never get a Lucario , I don't care what happen to them !

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
I would be content if Ash caught a Trevenant. However, I would prefer if Ash got a Gourgeist instead, most likely, by being traded to by Jessie. Gourgeist is like Trevenant, but I just prefer it more because of Trick-or-Treat, but I doubt that will appear in the anime. Gourgeist is also somewhat more kid friendly to Trevenant.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I would be content if Ash caught a Trevenant. However, I would prefer if Ash got a Gourgeist instead, most likely, by being traded to by Jessie. Gourgeist is like Trevenant, but I just prefer it more because of Trick-or-Treat, but I doubt that will appear in the anime. Gourgeist is also somewhat more kid friendly to Trevenant.

Oh please, you really think that a scenario like that is logical?.. Ash would never use one of TR Pokemon permenantly.

Years
I think Ash getting Gourgeist would be really cool, but if it was going to happen I think it would have had more set up (and Gourgeist wouldn't be shown with TR's Pokemon in the ending).

I was always on board with Skiddo, but I'd prefer Phantump at this point. Ash's Pokemon so far have had rather generic personalities and I can't see Skiddo breaking that mold. Plus it'd be cool to see him with a Ghost.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
Oh please, you really think that a scenario like that is logical?.. Ash would never use one of TR Pokemon permenantly.

I understand that Ash trading one of his current Pokemon is ridiculous, people wouldn't expect Ash to trade with a person who is trying to catch Pikachu. However, if Ash caught a new Pokemon, like Phantump, and perhaps something happened, that made Ash bond with Pumpkaboo and Jessie bond with Phantump, then there might be a trade. An example is that Jessie attempts to catch Pikachu, but ends up with Phantump, and Pumpkaboo ends up with Ash, they like each other's personality, and so they trade at the end.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I understand that Ash trading one of his current Pokemon is ridiculous, people wouldn't expect Ash to trade with a person who is trying to catch Pikachu. However, if Ash caught a new Pokemon, like Phantump, and perhaps something happened, that made Ash bond with Pumpkaboo and Jessie bond with Phantump, then there might be a trade. An example is that Jessie attempts to catch Pikachu, but ends up with Phantump, and Pumpkaboo ends up with Ash, they like each other's personality, and so they trade at the end.
That's a nice thought, although unfortunately I dont see it happening in this anime.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
That's a nice thought, although unfortunately I dont see it happening in this anime.

Quite frankly, I don't think so either. I just hope the grass type Pokemon Ash gets, that is, if he gets one, has a different personality than a generic determined, somewhat stubborn and similar personality to Ash like Hawlucha and Froakie.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I was cool with XY until That goodra release that was very dissapointing to say the least , it wasnt like florges couldnt hold down the swamp by herself She has an army of bug pokes Goodra has become the new Pigeot

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That wasn't the only reason why Goodra stayed??? Ash saw how happy Goodra was to be with its friends again too you know. It wasn't just about protecting the wetlands. :|b

Goodra's goodbye I have to say is one of my favorites. It's been a while since we've had a farewell as heartfelt as that one.

Reactions: Z25
Years
Ash hasn't released a Pokemon from his ownership in this manner since Lapras, all the way back in the Orange Islands series (I think) so it's natural many weren't prepared for this. Some have been comparing Goodra to Butterfree, two Pokemon that evolved quickly and were released back into the wild.

Anyways, I do hope he can get a new Pokemon to replace Goodra soon, but please don't catch that Noibat. He already has enough Flying-types, plus I want Frogadier and Fletchinder to evolve as well.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
If Ash is going to get a new dragon type to replace Goodra, I hope it's either Tyrantrum or Dragalge. Perhaps he might not get another dragon type, but it does leave room for another Pokemon, I would like it to be a Pokemon who has a typing which Ash doesn't have a Pokemon of, such as steel, ghost, psychic, or fairy. Honedge and its evolution line would kill two birds with one stone.

Back