• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
The runway's very original. Though, the map looks a bit dull to me. What about adding an extra house or some different trees?

Now it's time for my screenshot which I'm going to leak personally.
The screenshot comes from my game: Pokémon, Legend of the Moon Goddess, which will have a showcase thread at the end of March. This is taken in Harbor City, the hometown of the protagonist.
14l27p5.png

Lookidy good. Can't wait to check it out.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
@ The Dewitty: I like the tiles! Lol I love the Olivine Lighthouse, just haven't gotten around to ripping it (too lazy). The only problem with the screenshot is the 3D effect. It only works well if the buildings are also put into perspective. I was thinking of someone helping me make an intensive script that would have buildings as events and have them change to a certain position depending on the distance from the player, but 1) I dunno how to script, and 2) it would seem like a long process for a simple feature. But if a willing scripter were able to help me...

Anyways, enough of a birdwalk. The content is beautiful, but the perspective messes it up. I can't wait to see your game showcase thread!

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
@Peeky Chew: I really don't know what kind of borders you mean? Tree borders, or the fence borders?

@ The Dewitty: I like the tiles! Lol I love the Olivine Lighthouse, just haven't gotten around to ripping it (too lazy). The only problem with the screenshot is the 3D effect. It only works well if the buildings are also put into perspective. I was thinking of someone helping me make an intensive script that would have buildings as events and have them change to a certain position depending on the distance from the player, but 1) I dunno how to script, and 2) it would seem like a long process for a simple feature. But if a willing scripter were able to help me...

Anyways, enough of a birdwalk. The content is beautiful, but the perspective messes it up. I can't wait to see your game showcase thread!
Thank you, yes, the 3d effect isn't completely done yet, although the first demo will be in this style. I've almost got my hands on a better 3d engine, in which I will continue the game. It could also just be this map, by the way. Some maps look better, but I wasn't too keen on showing those already.

Last edited:

incognito322

Years
Really? (about the game engine) What would it be? Because I really want a 3D effect, and I'm about to resort to asking for help with an intensive script that may or may not work.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Ive always heard of a RPG Maker 3d is it real? I really like the look of your maps Dewitty are your graphics orginal?

The Dewitty

Years
Really? (about the game engine) What would it be? Because I really want a 3D effect, and I'm about to resort to asking for help with an intensive script that may or may not work.
I can't release anything of that, sorry.

Ive always heard of a RPG Maker 3d is it real? I really like the look of your maps Dewitty are your graphics orginal?
My graphics are original, yes. It looks like I ripped them, but I just made them from scratch. I'm glad you like it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Wow! Your a really good sprite artist then! So few people use custom tilesets anymore I would but Im not good enough to make them!

The Dewitty

Years
Everything can be learned. Well, I decided to put up another screenshot, featuring a Hidden City in my game. Credit for the leaf path goes to Kymotonian, I was too lazy to do it myself.
xft3bm.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Ya I've been reading spriting tutorials and spriting for about a year now and I am still only noobish how long have you been spriting, just curious.

The Dewitty

Years
Let's say a year? I've been going through alot of styles, and now I'm here. But this is not the thread to talk about that.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The new one, still not final.
newisle.jpg
That's a runway for planes? Personally, I think it should be a couple of tiles longer, and have one end unblocked (i.e. no obstacles next to that end). At the moment the plane has to swoop down over the easternmost house, which doesn't seem right.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
kk Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit! I like your mapping style! Watch the borders though you might want to add about 4 more water tiles on the edges so you cant see the black border but other than that good job!

Screenie of some random town I made with a tileset I am putting together:
picture.php

The Dewitty

Years
kk Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit! I like your mapping style! Watch the borders though you might want to add about 4 more water tiles on the edges so you cant see the black border but other than that good job!

Screenie of some random town I made with a tileset I am putting together:
picture.php

Don't you forget to credit Zein and WesleyFG for their Marnian tileset?

incognito322

Years
@ Dewitty: eh that's fine :) I almost figured you would say that. But I'm kind of getting used to the constant parallel perspective XD

And now, to show off the interior design of Valerian City's houses:

capture004a.png

Watching the telly is fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back