• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
My gen 4 team isnt as good as i want it to be. I need help.
Team
Bronzong @ Focus Band
Adament Nature
Levitate
Earthquake
Explosion
Psycic
Stealth Rock
EV's- 252 Def, 252 Special Def, 6 Speed

Salamence @ Expert Belt
Loneley Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
EV's-255 attack, 149 Spattack, 100 Sp Def,- 6 speed

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Relaxed Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Blizzard (want to change)
EV's- 252 attack, 252 Spattack, 6 hp

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Natural Cure
Flamethrower
Heal Bell
Soft Boiled
Sing
EV's- 255 hp, 255 spdef

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Lonely Nature
Facade
Spore
Seed Bomb
Sky Uppercut
EV's-252 attack,200 HP, 52 def

Nidoking @ Muscle Band
Poison Point
Adament Nature
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Megahorn
EV's- 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 spattack

Strategy-
Start out with Bronzong, lay down a stealth rock. See if I can take down my opponent. If i can, I will. If not i switch to Gyarados or Salamence, my sweepers. If they get in trouble I use Blissey to wall my opponents, than send Breloom to start ripping attacks off. My last resort is my versatile Nidoking, who actually once has taken down 5 of my opponents pokemon.

constructive critisism is wanted. plese help

Last edited:
Years
Remove surf teach gyra waterfall give it life orb or expert belt . Remove healing wish from bliss teach it heal bell remove flamethrower from salamence give it eartgquake if this is the physical sweeper set if it's mixmence ignore above. For breloom consider replacing superpower with sku uc as -attack and defence hurts

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
made the changes, thanks rlyn... anyone else

Years
Draco plate to expert belt for menace and change leftovers to something else as rules forbid the use of the same item

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Draco plate to expert belt for menace and change leftovers to something else as rules forbid the use of the same item

No it dont...at all. The item clause is a noob rule and its not enforced.

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
This needs a lot of work.
Team
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Levitate
Earthquake
Explosion
Gyro Ball / Hypnosis
Stealth Rock
EV's- 252 Def, 252 Special Def, 6 HP

Bronzong doesn't need Speed, and adamant nature hurts psychic. You need Gyro ball or you're not going to be able to hurt Aerodactyl seriously.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naughty / Jolly Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
EV's-252 attack, 252 Speed, 6 Special Atk
You want to maximize your attack to murder people right? Salamence doesn't need Special Defense. Most Special oriented moves OHKO Salamence anyway (Draco Meteor / Ice Beam) the works.

(this set is Smogon)

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge
EV's- 252 attack, 252 Speed, 6 hp
Gyara's SpA is crappy. Don't use it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Natural Cure
Flamethrower
Heal Bell
Soft Boiled
Thunder Wave
EV's- 252 hp, 252 Defense, 6SpA

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Lonely Nature
Facade
Spore
Seed Bomb
Sky Uppercut
EV's-252 attack,200 HP, 52 def

Nidoking @ Choice Band
Poison Point
Adament Nature
Earthquake
Thunder Punch
Superpower
Megahorn
EV's- 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 spattack

Nidoking doesn't have enough power. Choice Band is neccessary. Since you're not going to stay in as much (Choice Band) Superpower is sufficient. Would have preferred Close Combat, but Nidoking doesn't get it. But Ground/ Elec / Fighting / Bug, I think that gives enough coverage.

Strategy-
Start out with Bronzong, lay down a stealth rock. See if I can take down my opponent. If i can, I will. If not i switch to Gyarados or Salamence, my sweepers. If they get in trouble I use Blissey to wall my opponents, than send Breloom to start ripping attacks off. My last resort is my versatile Nidoking, who actually once has taken down 5 of my opponents pokemon.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Team
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
Levitate
Earthquake
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
EV's- 252 HP/84 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef

Salamence @ Expert Belt/Life Orb/Lum Berry
Naughty/Naive Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Blast
EV's- 252 Atk/32 SAtk/224 Spe

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Fang/Stone Edge
EV's- 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Natural Cure
Flamethrower
Heal Bell
Soft Boiled
Wish/Toxic
EV's- 255 hp, 255 spdef

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
Facade
Spore
Seed Bomb
Sky Uppercut
EV's-4 HP/252 attack/252 Spe

Nidoking @ Muscle Band
Poison Point
Adament Nature
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch

Megahorn
EV's- 4 HP/252 attack, 252 speed

Strategy-

Comments/suggestions in bold.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
The extra two EVs don't make any difference since four EVs = one stat point. Six EVs are unnecessary in this case, however it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I understand that, but I appreciate full EVs more. I think it's just a matter of style.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Salamence is Uber so it cannot be used anymore. Dragonite runs a fine DD set so it's not a big loss loss though.

Outside of that, the biggest thing that strikes me about this team is its lackluster defenses on the physical side of things. Obviously, Blissey is going to hold her own against the majority of special attackers. It's going to need 252 HP / 252 Def @ Bold for the EV spread & nature though because Special Defense EVs are mostly redundant. While it is true that Blissey isn't meant to be taking physical hits, sometimes it has to and it will get smashed by even very weak physical attacks without Defense EVs. Also, Sing is really way too inaccurate to be relied on, and with Breloom's Spore being the more worthy way to use your one sleep before Sleep Clause activated, Toxic or thunder Wave are both better choices. You'll also probably want to fit Seismic Toss in over Flamethrower or Heal Bell, depending on which one has proven more valuable to you as you've used this team.

Since Salamence is going to have to be replaced anyway, we might as well use its empty slot and fill it with a good wall Pokemon, or if you prefer a more offensive approach, Choice Scarfers are available to do some revenge killing. Jirachi or Flygon are probably your best bets. They both take on different things but common targets like Gyarados and Dragonite give you some grief, so both will be beneficial. If you prefer a safer approach with a wall Pokemon, Vaporeon is highly recommended for its ability to beat some Infernape and just about every Gyarados you can possibly imagine. It also beats Empoleon and CroCune. You can use Suicune as well or even make it a bulky sweeper with its offensive Calm Mind set. However, it has more utility than most sweepers since it can switch in on a lot of Pokemon and gives a lot of problems to common threats, especially Gyarados and Heatran. It also gives -1 SDef Lucario trouble with Surf if it's running a Timid nature.

If you want a last resort Pokemon, there are better choices than Nidoking. As cool as Nidoking is, it's quite a bit underpowered :( An awesome late-game sweeper to use is Swords Dance Scizor, who like offensive CM Suicune has usefulness when it comes to stopping your opponent thanks to its potent Bullet Punch. A lot of people aren't prepared for this, and it can really sweep people clean. Breloom can Spore its counters which helps a lot. Another good one is Dragonite if you think you'll miss Salamence. It's not as good but still does a fine job.

There is a lot of upside here. Once the defensive issues are worked out this looks to be a solid team.

Back