• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new OWs to Fire Red without JPAN's engine

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
This tutorial was made by Sayer301 from WAH, NOT ME, I JUST TRANSLATED IT

Well, not to long ago Javi3315 made a great tool which allows you to add more OWs to a Fire Red rom.
The problem was adding those OW in an editor, and no one was able to do it, until now.

What do we need?
-OverWorld Editor (with the Kyogre icon): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79307
-Overworld inserter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc27jytrocmoys8/Overworld inserter v1.1.1.exe
-Free Space Finder
-Notepad
-A brain xD

Procedures:
Let's open Overworld Inserter v.1.1.1 y load our ROM (if an error happens we have to use and alternate method of
loading, where you have to put the full path of the file. In case the alternate method does not work, try changing you .Gba folder,
preferably with a shorter route.)

G7kr1.jpg

And it should look like this:

Sin_t_tulo.png

Now press Crear Tabla.
It's going to ask you if you want to save information, press yes and save it in a place you can remember. It always works.
Now click Herramientas-> Buscador de OWs
This should pop up.

Sin_t_tulo.png

Now go to the first OW you added (it should be 152), you can see because the offset changes radically. Write that offset down in a notepad.
Now go to OverWorld Editor (with the Kyogre icon) and open Sprites.ini, and go to the Fire Red (English) section.

You should see this:

Code:
[CENTER][BPRE]Name = Pokémon Fire Red (English)
SpritePalleteHeaders = &H3A5158
SpriteBank = &H80117C
SpriteCount = 10[/CENTER]

but change SpriteBank to your new offset (the one that appears in 152, but don't type the 08)
Save the ini and open the tool, and now you should have 104 new overworlds. (0-103)

One of the bad things about this method is that if you want to edit one of the original OWs (up to 151) you are going to have to use NSE and for the other ones you need to use OWE.

If you want to edit one of the new OW's pallets, the "Buscador de OW" has a pallet changing function.

I hope you like this tutorial, if anyone has any doubts post them on the thread.

*Do NOT use pal 0 in any of the OverWorlds

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
Nice tutorial. It will help me out hopefully once I try it. Thank you for this.

Edit: The download link for overworld inserter tells me I need a decryption key before I can download it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
This is awesome!
I just have a question: How do you resize the sprites?
I haven't been able to figure that out.

edit: Never mind I figured it out

Last edited:
Back