• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rensider

Do as the Snamor do.
Years
Made it through Dragonspiral Tower last night. Loved the small cutscene. I went through Relic Castle. I then went to Opelucid City and battled Iris. Took every Pokémon in the gym out with Fraxure. Iris' Haxorus went down in one hit haha. After that i went to Route 7 and met Thundurus. And met him again on my way to Victory Road. Made it to the Elite 4 and have already started. Took Shauntal down, now that just leaves three.

My current teaam:

Zoroark (F) Lv 49
Haxorus (F) Lv 48
Unfezant (M) Lv 48
Emboar (M) Lv 49
Simipour (M) Lv 48
Watchdog (M) Lv 27

I hope all my Pokémon are up for this.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Having trouble beating the 5th Gym Leader, Clay been training my team for quite some time now but had atleast 9 attemtps now, and all my team are 30+

Liepard - Lv. 30
Ducklett - Lv. 30
Zebstrika - Lv. 30
Pignite - Lv. 30
Mushrana - Lv. 31
Vanillite - Lv. 31

Can't take down his Extradril :(

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
What a day we had ahead of us!

I woke up in Nimbasa Pokémon Center with a bright perspective! ... until I remembered my confrontation with N last night. I didn't want to dwell on it too much, so I headed over to where I met Bianca yesterday. Thankfully there was no confusing parental confrontations this time; I managed to clear my head by taking part in a Pokémon Musical!

Tempo, my Servine, was great at the Musicals! He knew just when to appeal to the crowd and we ended up with a lot of fans, all giving us new accessories! It was so much fun and after the bright lights and jaunty music... N? Who's N? ;D

I checked in on the Gym and it looked pretty flashy and fun, like a fairground ride, but after battling one of the trainers in there, I decided extra training was necessary. I took my team out onto the next route and battled a few of the trainers there and did some more of this 'grinding' business against the wild Pokémon. I even made the decision to evolve dear Pendant, after finding the Water Stone in my bag while digging around for a Potion. I showed my Panpour the stone and he nodded excitedly, so I handed it to him and he immediately began to glow. When the light cleared, he was a lot bigger, with longer 'hair' and a more colourful body.

Evolution is fun!

So we did some more battling. And a bit more. And some more. And then I saw it.

I saw the Pokémon of my dreams.

A tiny little body surrounded by jelly... a cute little face... an adorable cry... It had to be my sixth team member. Solosis! Solosis, the ADORABLE little blob! ♥

I caught one as quickly as I could and straight away gave him a hug. He was so SQUISHY! It was love! ♥ I named my little Solosis Tardigrade and immediately started training him alongside my team. However, he was a little weaker than the rest of them, so I handed him the Exp. Share I had recently obtained... somehow. I don't know quite how the Exp. Share got inside the jelly, but he's definitely holding it...

Spoiler:

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 6, 2022
Today I started breeding for the first time in Unova, and I received a ditto over GTS which had Pokerus. So I can start EV training once I get the proper items and don't have to worry about grinding to get Pokerus. :)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
Just getting ready for my first playthrough of the day.

Last night I saved and went to bed after the battle with N at the Ferris Wheel.

Current Team:
502.gif

"Shawty" Level 25

522.gif

"U Mad?" Level 23 (Named because he's a B*tch to level up)

494.gif

"Trolltini" level 21 (Named because of how difficult he was to catch)

559.gif

"PullUps" level 22 (I LOVE this guy)

551.gif

"Alfonso" level 16 (Named after an Aligator on Animal Crossing for the DS)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
About to face Elesa, might be tough though since I have no ground pokemon. Although it probably wouldn't matter much since she has two Emolga's. I taught my Gurdurr dig which might help.

Gurdurr (F) lv 26
Dewott (M) lv 27
Yamask (F) lv 26
Darumaka (M) lv 26
Whirlipede (F) lv 26
Solosis (M) lv 26

Something doesn't seem right about my team though...and I can't really put my finger on it. It doesn't have a good way of dealing with water types at the moment...

Edit: Just defeated Elesa, she was harder than the previous three gym leaders. Mostly because of Volt Switch. Solosis was my saviour in this battle, knocked out all three with it's Psyshock attack. Darumaka helped a lot too. When I taught dig to Gurdurr I wasn't counting on Volt Switch, sure enough when I used dig on Zebstrika she switched to one of her Emolga's and it didn't do anything...

I really like how the gym leaders feel much more involved in this game.

Last edited:

Rensider

Do as the Snamor do.
Years
Beat all four members of the Elite 4. Mostly absused Zoroark's Night Slash to do it. Saw Team Plasma's Castle rise out of the ground. Watched Reshiram burst through the wall and unleash it's flames. Battled Zekrom. Haxorus used Dragon Claw and then I threw a Pokéball and it was caught! Battled N. Battled Ghetsis. And then the game finished after N finished speaking. Spoke to Looker and got the Super Rod. And got my Pokédex upgraded.

My current team:

Zoroark (F) Lv 52
Emboar (M) Lv 51
Unfezant (M) Lv 50
Zekrom Lv 51
Simipour (M) Lv 49
Haxorus (F) Lv 49

Think I'll head to White Forest now. BTW anyone else got to where I am yet?

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
11 hours gameplay. I just got my beetle badge and I'm currently (ie. right now) battling Bianca at Route 4. Finding it okay but not really liking my team at all right now;
Throh - L24
Dewott - L22
Blitzle - L22
Liepard - L22
Munna - L17
Pansear - L15

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just arrived in Driftveil city and I have to say it has easily my favourite city/town theme so far. Love that ethnic flare.

I may never leave! <3

Years
[BW Journal] Mustard's Unova Travels

EDIT: I didn't see the journal thread above. :( Mods, pleas move this.

I just got my copy of Pokémon White today, and I loved holding it. (I've been
waiting four years for a game of a new generation. Anyways, I
will be telling about the travels of my character, randomly named Mustard.

So, when I first played, I reseted four times because I wanted a female Oshawott. However, I didn't get it, so I just settled with a male one instead.

First, I battled Bianca and her Tepig. I beat her, but my Oshawott was the
second to attack- for every turn. I was wondering why my Oshawott was
slow to attack- and then I saw my Oshawott, at Level 6, has a speed of 9, a
defense of 11, with the other stats being 12.

Next, I fought Cheren and won. His Snivy was a bit harder than Bianca's
Tepig, but both were easy to beat.

I did all that beginning-of-game stuff, seeing Bianca having an argument with
her dad, getting the Pokédex, walking down Route 1, etcetera.

Next, I went to Accumula town, did all that mandatory story stuff, then I
battled N- and nearly lost. That Purrloin really scratches! However, my level
went up to 8, which is very good.

Poseidon the Oshawott
Level: 8
Max HP: 28
Attack: 16
Defense: 15
Sp. Atk: 15
Sp. Def: 14
Speed: 10 (Might need some Carbos :P)

When I was in Accumula Town and I went up to that house on the hill, I
wanted to jump onto the rooftops!

So, I went to Route 2 and listened to the lovely music there and then-
RING! My character's mom called me on the Xtransceiver, then
appeared, talked, then left. Typical beginning-of-game stuff. But I did get
Running Shoes, which made it worth all that talking. Finally, I was left to go onto Route 2.

When Poseidon got to Level 8, he learned Water Gun, which I had fun using. :)
After battling some wild Pokémon, Poseidon went up one more level. This
route, however, had TRAINERS! These trainers helped my Oshawott
gain more levels! :D Gotta love leveling up three times! I also battled Bianca and won- usual stuff.

When I got to Straiton City, I battled Cheren, but lost. Losing hurts. :( To ensure that I wouldn't lose
again, I battled some of the trainers near the Dreamyard. When I got to a dead end, a girl gave me a Pansear! I named him Vulcan.

Poseidon the Oshawott
Level: 13
Max HP: 39
Attack: 22
Defense: 19
Sp. Atk: 21
Sp. Def: 20
Speed: 15

Vulcan the Pansear
Level: 10
Max HP: 32
Attack: 16
Defense: 17
Sp. Atk: 16
Sp. Def: 17
Speed: 22 (This is odd... ?)

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
I got Black yesterday. I am loving it.

Anyway, I just got the third badge, and my team right now is:

Burgham - Pignite
499.gif

Lv. 24
Fire/Fighting
-----------
Arm Thrust
Flame Charge
Rollout
Defense Curl

Elvisage - Pansage
511.gif

Lv. 22
Grass
-----------
Bite
Work Up
Leech Seed
Seed Bomb

Martin - Blitzle
522.gif

Lv. 23
Electric
-----------
Quick Attack
Thunder Wave
Charge
Shock Wave

Again, love this game :D

Years
[BW] Mustard's Unova Travels

So, after healing my Pokémon, I fought Cheren- and swept the floor with Cheren
using Vulcan. Sorry to put out your campfire, Cheren. Anyways, for battling him,
I got some Oran Berries. If only I had some in my Platinum game. :(

After my triumph, I challenged Cilan, but not before battling the waiters.
Poor Vulcan nearly fainted from battling a Level 11 Lillipup. After that, I had
to battle a waitress- and she packed a punch. I can tell you that Vulcan will
need a bit of training before he is able to battle normal-type Pokémon. However,
pummeling Grass types is his forte. :) Vulcan did get healed before the gym
leader battle, though.

The battle with Cilan was okay. His Lillipup- well, you could say his bite was worse than his bark! It was a grueling battle.

Poseidon the Oshawott
Level: 13
Max HP: 39
Attack: 22
Defense: 19
Sp. Atk: 21
Speed: 15

Vulcan the Pansear
Level: 12
Max HP: 37
Attack: 11
Defense:20
Sp. Atk: 18
Speed: 25

Fennel came up to me and gave me HM01, Cut, then I went to the Dreamyard
to catch some more Pokemon, but not without healing my two miniature
warriors. When I got to the Dreamyard, two Team Plasma grunts battled me.
After I kicked some plasma butt, I went to catch a Munna.

Brizo the Munna
Level: 8
Max HP: 32
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Sp. Atk: 15
Sp. Def: 25
Speed: 9 (Carbos please!)

Before leaving for Nacrene City, I talked with Fennel and got some awesome gear!

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Ah, it felt good to be out training in the open! My team just seemed to be getting stronger and stronger, especially my squidgy Tardigrade, who had needed a lot of catching up but was especially skilled in battle. Tardy used an attack called Psyshock and it was amazing! Like a mind crush!

I happened to glance at my map and remembered the bit of route four that I'd missed out because the sandstorm had been too much. It had been a while and I think I'd gotten all the sand out of my hair... and mouth.. so I decided to check it out. I took my team and we headed to the Desert Resort!

But, like all good ideas, this was a bad idea. I guess I forgot how bad that sandstorm actually was. >.>
However, there were plenty of trainers around who were willing to battle me to test my skills. While I was rooting around in the sand, finding hidden items thanks to my itemfinder, I noticed a set of stone steps... surrounded by these big grey-white things, like statues. They freaked me out because they looked alive, but weren't moving, so I ducked into the stairwell to get away from them. It turned out the stairs led to a hidden chamber, and some people were already down there. A scientist told me it was called Relic Castle, and a couple of 'psychics' said stuff about it having the remains of magic and once, long ago, being the heart of Unova for both humans and Pokémon...

Something about that reminded me of N so I left. I don't want to think about him right now... hehe♥

After a little more training in the desert, I couldn't wait to get out of there, so I headed back to Nimbasa and decided it was time. It was finally time for me to take on Elesa at the Gym. The trainers waiting in the gym were tough and after a couple of close calls, we were ready for the end, so when I finally reached Elesa's platform - those coaster tracks are FAST - I was glad of the items I had bought beforehand. I lavished potions and healants over my team and then we were ready to roll.

Unfortunately, I wasn't counting on Zebstrika being so hard to beat. And even when I managed to get him down, Elesa's constant switching between her two Emolga left me confused and my team worse for wear. After a while, I only had my squidgy Tardy and poor Pendant left. Pendant, being the Water type, wasn't keen to get out there at all, especially since Fawke, my Tranquill, had tried his luck at distracting Zebstrika so I could heal Marik, only to get knocked out himself.

I had no choice. I send out Tardigrade. My poor little Solosis, in his first real battle, against a powerful gym leader.

He used Psyshock.

It was awesome.

Three attacks later and that was it. I had won. I could barely believe it and Elesa was even worse - she had severely underestimated my little Solosis and paid the price for it. She grumpily handed over the Bolt Badge - woohoo! - and told me to meet her on route six. I healed up and obliged, following her over to the route gate, ready to see why she wanted me--

FFFF. CHEREN. What are you doing here?!

Of course he wanted a battle, right there and then. I proceeded to beat him up and take his money to buy myself some chocolate. ♥

Cheren was moody because he thinks Pokémon is about strengths and weaknesses and that he calculated everything to perfection - but Pokémon aren't statistics to be shimmied into equations. They're friends and partners, and we create bonds with them in order to reach a common goal, be it strength, companionship or even love... oh N... waitwhat. Where was I?

Elesa came along, all strutty, wondering what was taking me so long, and noticed Cheren. Instead of having a go or even ignoring him, she introduced us to a strange red-haired man watching the dancers, who introduced himself as Alder, the current Champion. He them put Cheren firmly in his place.

Cheren's jaw hit the floor. I heard it.

We proceeded to beat up two kids because Alder told us to. Man, why didn't I start my journey earlier?! This is so much fun!

Elesa called us back on track - spoilsport - and opened the bridge for us, while telling us not to underestimate the man on the other side. But what of that right now? I'm enjoying a leisurely stroll with my partners after an intense battle, across a beautiful bridge with a gorgeous view. In that moment, I felt that everything was just so, and it felt just right.

Next stop, Driftveil City! To check in to a Pokémon Center, to check out the gym and most important of all - to stalk N! WOOHOO!

Spoiler:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
-Defeated Elesa.
-Did the Victini event.
-Caught some more pokémon.

Currently on my way to Driftveil City.

Current Team
Servine lv.28
Tranquill lv.25
Panpour lv.25
Whirlipede lv.26
Zorua lv.26
Scraggy lv.26

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Oh, Oh, oh! Today, I finally got White! So yeah, here's what happened.

I chose Snivy as my starter, and now I'm in Pinwheel Forest trying to train my Servine for Lenora.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2021
I was doing the Victini event right as I got to the city, and I wasn't prepared. I had 4 Pokeballs, and 1 ultra ball I found in the trash can. I caught it without having to reset or buy more balls, I was so excited, my first legendary in a Pokeball too!

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
March 6, 2011
11:52 A.M

- Started Game as "Gear"
- Chose Oshawott
- Got Oshawott up to Lv. 11
- Caught a Purrloin on Route 2

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Okay, so I just got my Black Version! I started my game as a girl named Mo, and I picked Tepig as my starter. Somehow, I ended up with a Modest-natured female on my first go-through, and she led me to defeat both Bianca and Cheren. I nicknamed her Maisy, and am currently watching Professor Juniper's tutorial battle.

Here we go!~

Party:
Maisy (Tepig) - Level 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back