• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Please try to avoid making more than one post in a row. Edit posts if you need to add more content to them. Exceptions apply, but only in forums that specifically allow it under their rules.
Quoted from the forum-wide rules. Double posting is generally an infractable offense depending on the amount of times you do double post of course, though some sections allow double posting in specific cases, so you'll have to check out the rules for whatever section you're posting in to be completely sure on the matter. But yeah, double posting is in most case not allowed.

Years
I get this sometimes when I try to view a thread from the main page. It's not a big deal, it's just annoying and I'm curious as to why it's happening. Anyone know why?

HTTP 403 - NOT AUTHORIZED

You are not authorized to view the page or document you requested, /showthread.php?p=7275093, on this server. Go back.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/index.php
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1

www.pokecommunity.com

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Hi, I can't seem to get my signature working at all. I'm trying to get this (
eaDp+
) image to display, but looking at my posts it just won't appear. :( This is the code I'm using:
Code:
[CENTER][IMG]http://d.pr/i/eaDp+[/IMG][/CENTER]

EDIT: Oh, okay, it's working now, but doesn't seem to change on my old posts.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's because you need to manually edit each post in the advanced edit page and select "show your signature" :( So it'll only work from when you have a signature and then on! Probably not really worth the effort to do the first thing I mentioned though :x

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, new to PC. But whenever I play 1st or 2nd gen roms on my VisualBoyAdvance, the coloring is way off. Any help? And also I've tried playing Pokemon Uranium on my DesmuME, it brings up a window saying 'Choose File in Rar Archive' and brings up a ton of files, for example the top one says 'Audio/BGM/Lab.mid'. Anything to fix that?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Anyone know how I am supposed to properly insert a YouTube video into my profile page? I cannot get it to work for life of a fly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Anyone know how I am supposed to properly insert a YouTube video into my profile page? I cannot get it to work for life of a fly.

Just type...

v/whateverisattheendoftheurl

So for example for me it's...

"v/a9iNBnlzaE8"

Which means anything after v= in the proper url. n_n

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
How do I bring images into my posts because I press the insert image button up above where you're typing, but it tells me to type in a url adresse. Is there any way to get images off your computer into posts, not the internet?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Click post reply, scroll down and click manage attachments and add it in. n_n it'll then be at the bottom of your post for people to click.

Years
Any way to add more than 5 pictures through my computer without the internet (on posts/threads)?
Gonna take a shot at this since I'm not sure on what you're asking, but if you mean have images on PC without uploading them to the internet somewhere, then that's not possible, you're gonna have to upload them either via attachment to the forum or to an image-hosting website such as imgur, minus or goput.it.

droomph

weeb
Years
Any way to add more than 5 pictures through my computer without the internet (on posts/threads)?

No, because the [IMG /] tag only applies to links, and you'll have to find something on google or upload it tithe Internet.

edit: okay, yeah. You can only upload five pics onto PC because we don't have a very large server (compared to, say, Facebook) so you uploading fifty for every post would def ruin the server pretty quick.

Though don't worry cuz there are sites like photobucket and imgur like Zach said. They're extremely useful. I prefer to use imgur because of their editing capabilities and relatively extremely short links (five letters and numbers yo) and just general smooth and self-explanatory interface, though imageshack is also something I've def used before.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
A very stupid question, where would I post something like this:
'Hey guys I just finished my Gen V OU team, I'm looking for people to battle my FC is _______' ???

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Im looking for a thread to ask a question regarding a Flashcard (or R4) but cannot really find one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back