• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Excluding the obvious Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a Whismur in Ruby, which I almost missed, as I wasn't really paying much attention at the time...thankfully, I noticed that my opponent had green ears just before I killed it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
My first shiny was a Donphan, unfortunately I thought it's color scheme was awful, and I just dumped it in the PC...

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
My first shiny was a zubat I think -.- After that I got a geodude (both in emerald since I had like 400 hours of gaming)...
After thath I got a shiny bibarel in pearl and in BW my shinies were: dearling, psyduck and sandile (I know, sandile is good and I stll have it for EV training since it's naive ^_^)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I got a shiny Noctowl at the grass from Goldenrod to Ecruteak in Gold version.

That was my first shiny!

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
My first shiny was on pokemon pearl, it was a shiny azumarill! And the coolest part was shiny azumarills are yellow so i was really happy with him, he is now in my pokemon black team at lvl 84.
184.png

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
My very first shiny... Was a Male Shiny Pikachu outside of Viridian Forest of Pokemon Crystal.

After that, I found a Shiny Lotad in Pokemon Sapphire right after I got my first 5 Pokeballs, and a Shiny Lombre in a later save.

After that, I rarely encountered Shiny Pokemon. Well, there was that Shiny Ponyta in FireRed, but I wasn't able to save before I ran out of battery :(

Does a Shiny Mewtwo TC count? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
My first shiny was a Caterpie actually. I was still pretty proud about it haha!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
The first shiny I saw was a pink Lugia in Silver. I didn't know about shinies, and thought something was wrong with my game/gameboy. I reset and everything was normal. -sob- When I realized what I did later I felt like the biggest idiot.

The first shiny I actually caught was a Marill in Soul Silver.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Mine is a shiny Grimer in Soulsilver.
I got these shiny Pokemon in trades though: Mew and Xatu (from my friend), Noctowl and Glaceon.
Soon I'm gonna get a shiny Zorua! Someday!

Legendaries tamer

Man who's coming up with a plan
Years
now, let's see...

i do believe my first ever shiny was way back when i first got into pokemon with Ruby version. it was a geodude I saw in the dewford cave, somewhere between level 8-12. at the time i didn't even know what a shiny was, so i thought it was no big deal and ended placing it in a pc box, where it remained the entire time of my play through until i started a new game

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
The first shiny that I saw (besides the Red Gyarados) was a Poochyena in Route 4 just outside Petalbourg City about 6 years ago during my second run through Pokemon Emarld. I flipped my sh!t and went nuts for about 2 miutes. I played the game really slowly on the carpet so that I wouldn't fudge it up by dropping the console or somehow making it freeze. I caught the glorious barstard and I still have it today on my Pokemon Pearl card. I haven't seen a shiny since that terrific day

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Aside from the free shiny Gyarados, I got a shiny Pawniard with jolly nature in White2.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
I think my first legit shiny was a mankey in diamond. Just recently I caught a shiny

shedinja in DR. Of course i nicknamed it "shedblinga" haha

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
Outside of red Gyarados I have never legitimately caught a single other shiny pokemon, and I've been playing for 13 years. :pink_frown: :pink_no:
ONE day I will run into a shiny, and I hope it will be an epic one. probably a magikarp and I would just end up with another red gyarados.

Years
Well, Red Gyarados was the first 'shiny' Pokémon I've encountered. In the wild, it was a Psyduck, which became "Shiduck".

Brendino would probably tell you a funny story about a shiny Weedle, if you asked nicely...

Years
My first shiny's were in Pearl: Stunky & Meditite
And later in SS I caught: Rattata & Togepi (apart from Gyarados). Didn't notice Togepi was shiny at first though just hatched the egg and placed it in a box :3c

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
Years
Zubat in Pokemon Silver. I've had three shiny zubats, actually. The only other one I've had was a Cascoon in Ruby. That was the last one, though - haven't come across a shiny for nearly a decade.

Back