• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Citrite Version [Alpha 1.3.1 FINAL EDITION]

Years
That's awesome :)
I just can't find the time to play it, unfortunately.
But I'll manage, I'm sure :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I just played the new patch and it was way better than last time. Thanks for giving the fresh water, which helped out with keeping my Meowth (Kitty) alive. The first village is very interesting as well as the plot with the whole Tohjo Champion bit. Kind of curious about the trading camp and the meditating old man. I wanna know whats behind his doors as well as the door the woman at the town hall is blocking. So many questions left unanswered, looking forward to the next patch. Keep it coming!!!:){<3};)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
And, without further ado... alpha 1.0.5 is available!

This is a medium-sized release, and brings both a few bugfixes and some new content to the game. First off, there was a bug previous to this version where after fainting you'd be plopped all the way back to the beginning of the jungle after whiting out! This is now fixed. All you have to do is heal your Pokémon again.

Among other things, there's more of the Amalthea Jungle available now, on the other side of the Village. Lots of trainers to battle and new, potentially good Pokémon to catch in the wild!

Download Alpha 1.0.5

On the plate for alpha 1.0.6 are bugfixes to the event in the village town square, and the addition of some items to the Amalthea Jungle that you can pick up - both in Poké Balls and hidden in the grass.

Thanks for playing!

EDIT​

I've pushed alpha 1.0.6!

(Hopefully) all of the bugs in Alex's event in the town square are fixed, and there are 11 different items to get in the new part of the Amalthea Jungle, both hidden and visible!

Download

On the plate for alpha 1.0.7 is a new unnamed map outside the jungle! It will be the first map in the Grand Prairie, and will lead up to the Trading Camp in later releases!

Future Releases

The Trading Camp marks the end of Alpha 1.0, thus beginning with alpha 1.1.0. We're moving along, eh? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Just a little advice, I think your hack would get more attention if you waited until you had a sizable beta to release, instead of updating it whenever there's any little changes made. I personally haven't bothered trying it because I'm wasting time playing a 10 minute "alpha".

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Just a little advice, I think your hack would get more attention if you waited until you had a sizable beta to release, instead of updating it whenever there's any little changes made. I personally haven't bothered trying it because I'm wasting time playing a 10 minute "alpha".
Maybe Citrite's development cycle deserves a bit of explanation.

For certain, the game will have both an alpha and a beta stage, with a potential gamma stage after for more content. In the alpha, the entire game will be laid out, and plainly mapped + scripted quickly. There will be only minimal concern for quality and richness, so as to make it playable. Once all of the story has been laid out, the game will enter beta - this is where it will blossom. The beta will introduce all manner of new content and intricacies to the already laid out alpha, essentially "beefing it up" and making it more fun to play. After that, I may or may not bring the game into gamma if I want to continue at it adding new content, in both an alpha and beta fashion.

In addition to this abnormal (but strangely logical) system, I am making an effort to push frequently in the interest of the hack's health. It makes for a clearer progress map, and also smooths bug fixes.

I hope you understand :)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I've got some new updates for both the game itself and some meta content!

Alpha 1.0.7 is ready! Download
A new, big and beautiful Grand Prairie is mapped out for a major part, complete with some items and wild Pokémon! Because of how spacious it is, adding trainers wasn't as high a priority, but you can expect some in the next push along with a new special event. :)

I've also finished making a new, updated region map in Photoshop. I since lost the PSD for the old map, and regardless it wasn't very sizable, so this new one will be updated as needed!
Spoiler:

Again, thanks for playing!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I was looking forward to this hack but not sure what is up now? It seems the owner of the thread has been banned? Is it a permanent?

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I was looking forward to this hack but not sure what is up now? It seems the owner of the thread has been banned? Is it a permanent?
Fortunately, no. And if all else fails, the thread is now connected to other media facets for the hack, so you shouldn't have to worry :P

That said, despite it being posted on Romhack.me a while back, alpha 1.0.8 is now available ITT! Download it!

This hack features a (buggy) event with some grunts from the Musa Stronghold. Expect a later release to definitely fix those bugs before we move into alpha 1.1, which should be coming fairly soon!

Thanks for reading!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I have completely ironed out all of the bugs in the script with the Musa Militia... and we have some new, strong trainers in the home stretch of the Grand Prairie before the Trading Camp. I am happy to present Alpha 1.0.9!

It's in the air for the moment whether this'll be the last of alpha 1.0... but it's highly likely unless I find something in need of fixing or what. There was a critical bug in the first Grand Prairie map that went unnoticed and I had to fix that. I also added wild Pokémon to the second Grand Prairie map and a sign to the warehouse in the first. Download this instead: Alpha 1.0.10

And hey! I know so far the hack's story hasn't presented a whole lot of substance. Well, that's about to change with alpha 1.1, I assure you. I can't spoil too much for now, though, but it's thanks to some nice brainstorming for the hack's canon that we're going to have some pretty cool stuff going on.

And another thing. If you think the hack looks unpolished, you are absolutely right. But, the entire alpha is meant to be that way - I want to lay out my entire foundation before focusing on beautification and richness of my hack. If you want a lovely experience, you are more than welcome to wait for the beta. I promise it'll be grand :)

Spoiler: One last thing...
R3iDmfX.png

GET REKT!
:D

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Dude you should really update your screenshots. Those are old!
They have been updated to reflect alpha 1.0.10. :)

I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but alpha 1.1.0 will have a lot more new content than most releases do, being the first increment of a minor version number and all. Just as a teaser, I thought I'd share one of many new things coming with the release:

G8dyrDq.png

The titlescreen is at last completely hacked. While I can't spoil specifics, with the new Trading Camp map will come a rather large event to do with a particular militia in the game. There'll also be a Pokémon Center and (finally!) a place to buy items - a marketplace!

If you whited out a lot before now, you can be thankful that those Stardusts, that Comet Shard, Comet Dust, Nugget, and Rare Candy (if you didn't use it) didn't disappear along with your money; you'll be able to sell all of those for plenty of supplies. :)

Years
Hmm new Pokemon hack! Great, I like playing new hacks these days. I just download it and I am going to play it right now! When I finish playing the alpha, I'll sent a message to let you know what I think of this game ;-)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Here's some new content from the now imminent alpha 1.1!

RzVDhoS.png
ai6dbma.png
Gqoa1kD.png

Expect an edit to this post with the release soon. I'm finishing up now, just gotta catch a break. :P

EDIT

Sorry I took so long, I just had to sleep. Anyway, it's out! Alpha 1.1 is here! Download it!

Screenshots
GxE9Wxn.png
GihJmJg.png
Isu9set.png

And hey, I got an easter egg for you guys. There's a 1 in 10 chance that I won't be present in my house in the Trading Camp, and as you'll know there'll be a shade behind me. I left something there that might be worth reentering the building a few times. :)

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Hi there! I've got alpha 1.1.1 ready for you guys, and a load of preview content too!

Download Alpha 1.1.1

Here are some screenshots from the new release:
MFovDp6.png
GRkSj3a.png
jkTcypC.png
3EKZp5Z.png

Here's the new map I've added:
mxKjcFH.png

Alpha 1.1.2 should include another event, if you visited the office at least once. Then you'll be back on your merry way scouring the earth. :)

Back