• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Pokemon Darkest Shadows/Brightest Light Versions

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hi everybody, for the past month I have been coming up with the idea for these new games. I will be using RPG Maker XP with Pokemon Essentials. I always loved shiny and shadow pokemon and they are the inspiration for these games.

Region

The game takes place in a brand new region I already created called Izishu. Izishu is filled with pokemon from all previous regions excluding black/white. I may add some fakemons if I can find some people to help with spriting. (not my strongpoint) Izishu features a large gulf, a volcano, a large open desert, two large forests, a large mountain called Mt. Silverset, and a large ice filled cave. Every town has very much in it so there is much to do even if the map looks plain at the time. The towns include (In order of discovery):

Riverwood Town- Hometown with pokemon lab
Newera Town- Small town just north of Riverwood
Volcno Town- A town located right next to the volcano (Mt. Pyrus)
Rockmellow Town- A small town right next to Mt. SIlverset
Ethernal - A large area filled with shops and apartments
Mosswood Village- A large village in the middle of a small rain forest with native indians
Riverside Town- A town floating on boards home to a small ISA Base (Bad guy team)
Splitsoul Town- A large town without a gym featuring the path to victory road and a large tower rumored to be filled with spirits
Desertia- A town located in the desert
Ice Cap City- A snow filled city in the north east corner of the region featuring a temple dedicated to an ancient pokemon
Aquatown- A town located on a small island in the gulf
Dragoon Town- A medium sized town with a cave filled with dragon types
Pokemon League- Obvious

Places:
ISA Base
Mt. Silverset
Alpha Cave
Icy Way
Jungle Temple
Victory Road
Mt. Pyrus
Underwater Sanctuary
Scale Cave
Mt. Silverset Peak

Gyms

1st gym:Etherna City, air type, Leader Winda, Wing Badge
2nd gym: Volcno Town, fire type, Leader Blaze, Lava Badge
3rd gym:Rockmellow Town, rock type, Leader Colden, Rubble Badge
4th gym: Mosswood Village, grass type, Leader Tipia, Forest Badge
5th gym: Riverside Town, water type, Leader Cindy, Wave Badge
6th gym: Desertia, ground/ghost type, Leader Euro, Fossil Badge
7th gym: Ice Cap City, ice type, Leader Glace, Crystal Badge
8th gym: Dragoon Town, dragon type, Leader Scalon, Claw Badge

Elite 4:
Bug- Web
Electric- jolk/jolkey
Dark- mesmere
Steel- silvere

Characters

Heroes: Yet unnamed and unmade

Professor Oak: Yes the original professor returns one last time

Ben: Champion with a special liking of Eevee

Rival: Roy is your friend from town who picks a pokemon with you

Starters: (Some of my favorites) Trapinch, Beldum, and Larvitar

The ISA: Izishu Special Agents, the government of Izishu. They have been keeping secrets from the people and control almost everything. They experiment on pokemon to make them stronger for their personal use. Their goal is to take over the entire region.

The Story

You start as a teenager who has lived in Riverwood Town his/her whole life. You are bored and want to explore the region.

The game starts with your player watching the news on the tv. You quickly learn that the ISA have been experimenting on a pokemon, but it escaped. You also hear depending on the game that either mysterious darkness and shadows or heat and bright light have been spreading from Mt. Silverset. With the troubles of Izishu in mind, you walk downstairs with the intention of sneaking over to your friend Roy's house. Your mom catches you at the door and scolds you for trying to sneak out. She gives you your poketch and tells you that the old professor was looking for you. She warns you to behave and lets you leave.

You walk into the professor's lab to find Roy already there. Professor Oak explains who he is and that he is getting old and wants to help young trainers one more time. He gives you each a pokemon and your rival storms out. The professor yells after him but it is too late. After explaining to you that he wanted each of you to take a pokedex he gives you a package with your friends pokedex to deliver.

If you check Roy's house his mom tells you to try visiting Route 6 at the edge of town. You find Roy looking over a small pond and he is startled to see you. He thanks you for the pokedex and suggests that you battle to try your new pokemon. After the fight (assuming you win) he goes off blabbing about having a great adventure and you return to Professor Oak. He tells you to explore the region and learn new things about pokemon. Your mom lets you give with your new running shoes and your adventure has begun.

You soon run into some ISA agents trying to take Roy's pokedex. You battle them and win, but are surprised at their strange pokemon. Right after the battle the champion comes in and makes the agents leave. He says he is impressed with you gives you an eevee egg and says you should bring your findings to the professor. Oak tells you that depending on the version the ISA were using shadow pokemon/ shiny extra strong pokemon.

You continue on your journey battling your rival, collecting badges, and learning more about the ISA. It eventually leads us to a final battle on Mt. Silverset against the boss with you guessed it Shadow Lugia/ Shiny Ho-oh.

Please let me know what you think I have been putting ideas together for a long time and I think it is pretty good. I don't intend on making new pokemon, but if you are interested in helping and are good at spriting please post and i will contact you.

Team so far:
Me- Map making, ideas, eventing, a little scripting
Rescuecp- Map making, eventing, help here and there

Spriters needed!!!

Last edited:

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
I hate deserts with their stupid sandstorms This idea actually sounds pretty good I think. I have nothing against overaverage strong starters, but in this case I wonder how they are supposed to be considered as equal (as one starter is effective against one and weak against the other one). Tyranitar and Metagross could defeat each other in one turn, but Flygon doesn't really have a weakness against one of them, has even two immunities (compared to the other two, who only have one each). So my point is, if you were to choose Flygon, what would Roy choose then and why?

The rest seems appropriate, but what do you think about that: Wouldn't the ISA want to catch Oak and force him do built another Pokédex, because they seem to want one? Could add some good drama, especially if you rescue him and then he's dead because of age and stress.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thanks for posting.

1st about the starters;
I chose these as some of my personal favorites and I know that they don't have a three way strength or weakness. I never said that Roy picked from the same Pokemon though did I. I was thinking he would start with the same Pokemon no matter what you pick. I am still not sure what that will be.

About Oak;
Yes I was planning to include him in the story with the ISA. They see him as a threat and want him gone. I don't want to give away too much on the story line though.

Thanks for your opinions and ideas.

Ps. Are you any good at spriting? If so I would love your help!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Honestly why lead with a rock-type gym leader? All it does is sway the player to choose a starter that has advantages over it, ultimately defeating the purpose of having starters to begin with. Black & White did something nice in the sense that the leader you face against depended on your starter, and the only disadvantage you had was that you would always face off against a type that was weak to it. It did encourage one thing, however, to actually train your pokemon and develop your team so that you could work against this disadvantage. Having a Rock type leader as a starter just kind of defeats that purpose.

I like some aspects of the story. There are many possibilities you can work with by playing with the whole Pokemon experiments idea. Maybe your fakemon could be mutant Pokemon, or humans who were transformed into Pokemon by genetic engineering. Just an idea to spice it up.

Aside from that, I just want to remind you that you don't necessarily need to conform to the games 100%. Why not have a different type combination other than the standard fire - water - grass? Why not make your rival less of a douche (even though it's amusing to have a rival you love to hate, i.e. Blue)? Why have elemental themed gym leaders at all? My only true criticism for this idea is that it doesn't really stand out. Keep in mind, you can go with what you want if you like, I'm just recommending that you play around with your ideas a little more.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thanks for your opinions. I like what you are saying about the 1st gym leader. I think I will change the order. I did think about non type based gyms, but decided against it.

Also, my starters aren't fire water and grass. I'm not sure where you got that.

Thanks for the criticism. I'll think about what you said.

Nobololol

King Of Mercy
Years
Is lugia and ho-oh going to be the only legendaries or will here be others? also i agree with Ayutac.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
1st of all to answer Nobololol's question, yes there will be other legendaries. I already know for a fact that celebie and mewtwo will be included because they fit in well with the story. Entei, raiku, and suicune also fit in and might be roamers. I also have been thinking of having a guy in a green suit in the department store take codes and give you legendary event items. These might include a fakemon and mew.

About the rival;

I don't want him to sound like a douche. He is just really impatient and hyper all the time. He explains to you that he just wanted to get away from everything to see his new pokemon he couldn't believe that he got.

I may have some parts in the story where he is a bit of a douche, but he is mainly your friend and helps you out.

By the way these are the sprites I need most

I have a decent start on the game, but I need trainer sprites. I am using the default trainers as placeholders for now, but want to replace them soon.

As I said art is not my specialty if u are any good contact me or post with one or more of the following. All who help will be credited and have a custom trainer in the game.

Trainers needed (overworld and in battle sprites)

Heroes:
Boy and girl teens. Any ideas welcome.

Rival:
Roy; teenage boy with red hair.

1st gym leader:
Girl about 20, flying type

2nd gym leader:
Boy about 20, fire type, spikey hair or hood

3rd gym leader:
Boy about 25-30, miner outfit

4th gym leader:
Boy: 50-60, Indian chief with war paint

5th gym leader:
Girl: about 18, wearing a bikini, blue hair

6th gym leader:
Girl: about 18-20, tomboy, ground type

7th gym leader:
Girl or boy, either long white hair or light blue hair, any age, ice type

8th gym leader:
Boy: 30-40, black hair, dragon type

Champion:
Boy, about 30, any ideas welcome

Elite 4:
Steel, electric, bug, and dark

Please let me know if ur interested

Last edited:

Nobololol

King Of Mercy
Years
How about the graphics?
Is it going to be like in R/B/Y and S/G/C
pokemon-crystal_1.jpg

Or like in later games
11.jpg

Personally i like more the old graphics but it's your decicion.
Will you do fakemons?

Last edited:

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
I never said that Roy picked from the same Pokemon though did I.
Ah, right xD
I was thinking he would start with the same Pokemon no matter what you pick. I am still not sure what that will be.
Hm… You know, starters have their purpose. In R&B your choose generally sets the difficulty. Bulbasaur made everything relative easy, you defeated first and second gym with ease. The only real challenge was the seventh gym with fire Pokemon. Oh, and the fifth because bulbasaur and family are secondary poison types. Charamander gives you trouble at the start, first and second gym were pain and unless you have Charizard the ground types from Giovanni will be a pain too. And if you were very tough, you chose Squirtle. First gym is easy. Second gym sucks, third gym sucks, fourth gym sucks. And no matter what you did choose, your rival got the better one.
In Yellow your rival got his eevee. Depending on how much you sucked against him he envolves it. When you loose all the time, he will get vaporeon and it will be easier for you. If you win all the time, he gets jolteon and your Pikachu can't do much against it.

To sum it up, I think rival should at least be have the better starter, uninteresting how he got it. The game needs to force the player to try, right? ^^

Ps. Are you any good at spriting? If so I would love your help!
I can't created anything out of nothing. But I think working with existing sprites is not that much difficult but a lot of work, when doing a lot of sprites. (Experienced sprites may call me an arrogant idiot and are free to correct me.) So I see myself capable of doing that, but it's not what I usually do and I don't really have an interest for that. I'm a programmer.

PS: I would approve FR/LG design.

Back