• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Does anyone know what the computer sign in the pokemon profile mean? And what does the ??? in the lowerleft mean?

the computer symbol is information. Like the basic information. Though I don't think this mock up is final product. If it is then Stats would be under achievements as well which would be wierd since its normal stats, nature and Characeristic would be there with its ribbons...

the ??? is where the Hold Item usually is.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
the computer symbol is information. Like the basic information. Though I don't think this mock up is final product. If it is then Stats would be under achievements as well which would be wierd since its normal stats, nature and Characeristic would be there with its ribbons...

the ??? is where the Hold Item usually is.

Actually I believe the stats will be on the bottom screen, with the moves on the top screen as we can see there.
So the computer symbol is indeed information.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
They might have just been put like that for the screen shot. Its not that uncommon for them to do things like that especially when showing off the game. As for Froakie using Quick Attack, that was what the rumored attack from the original trailer was. Back when everyone was wanting Froakie to be Fighting type. With how fast he moves in the trailer it makes sense that it was Quick Attack.
Thing is, I never knew it was Quick Attack back in one of the first trailers, so it's good to see that it's confirmed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh okay, I think they should've put None instead of ??? as that's confusing.
It does seem to be missing somethings, wonder if the stat menu may have had some changes they want to hide for now...like maybe the number of IV's and EV's!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I just don't want the Patrice name for the professor to be true since I would like another Female professor and not one more male.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Oh okay, I think they should've put None instead of ??? as that's confusing.
It does seem to be missing somethings, wonder if the stat menu may have had some changes they want to hide for now...like maybe the number of IV's and EV's!

Remember this game is still for kids as young as 3 years old (as seen in the PAL boxart), they wouldn't show something as complex as EVs and IVs on the status screen as it'd just confuse kids.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt that the status screen is ever going to show us EVs and IVs. The games themselves very rarely make even references to them (other than a few random people telling you about the highest IV or whatever), and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Years
Some kids are smart enougn to figure them out, heck some 3 year olds know how to use tablets and computers...they could always google what they are. Besides it'll be nice to have something like that...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I agree that it would definitely be nice, but it's an aspect of the games that is kept secret in the games themselves. Of course anyone could go look them up and figure them out, but Game Freak and Nintendo don't care at all about the competitive aspect of the game. They aren't going to add something that's going to help people battle competitively, not because they're against it, but because it really doesn't have any significance on the games themselves.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Some kids are smart enougn to figure them out, heck some 3 year olds know how to use tablets and computers...they could always google what they are. Besides it'll be nice to have something like that...

The majority of 3 year olds though have no idea what the numbers would mean, yes some kids are smart enough, but the key word is SOME, not most, most 3 year olds haven't properly learned to read, so it would be unfair to suddenly shove a complicated system right in their faces, so no, EVs and IVs will never be visible, they'll always be hidden but subtly referred to.

Years
Yeah but the majority of the fan base is 10-13, which know (I hope) how to read adequately. Besides if they can't read IV's and Ev's they may not know how to read the stats...little kids will simply ignore them like they do with the stats.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Yeah but the majority of the fan base is 10-13, which know (I hope) how to read adequately. Besides if they can't read IV's and Ev's they may not know how to read the stats...little kids will simply ignore them like they do with the stats.

If they're gonna be ignored and not gonna be read by anyone other than the older crowd (who are not really the intended audience) then that's even more reason never to make them visible, as it'd be a waste of screen space.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
They could easily show a screen with 'capabilities' with a talent-percentage (iv/31 * 100) and a bar that shows how well a certain stat is trained (ev's per stat) and overall trained (total ev's). Nothing confusing there and anyone could understand it. Have a character explain that each Pokémon has different talents and that how you care for your Pokémon trains their stats differently and you're done.

Years
If they're gonna be ignored and not gonna be read by anyone other than the older crowd (who are not really the intended audience) then that's even more reason never to make them visible, as it'd be a waste of screen space.

I've met many 10-13 year olds who do competitive battle so some of them will get them. I myself was one of them back when I was that age. Also the ignoring usually takes place with kids less than 8 that I've seen. Older kids tend to care about these kinds of stuff. Besides what happened to GF wanting to appeal to older fans or was that a Gen 5 only thing?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I've met many 10-13 year olds who do competitive battle so some of them will get them. I myself was one of them back when I was that age. Also the ignoring usually takes place with kids less than 8 that I've seen. Older kids tend to care about these kinds of stuff. Besides what happened to GF wanting to appeal to older fans or was that a Gen 5 only thing?

Yes they want to appeal to older fans, but their target audience is still young children, and so they'll make sure the games can be picked up and easily understood by them, Pokemon is one of those games that's easy to pick up, hard to master, GF wouldn't make it confusing to pick up at first, so EV and IVs would be hidden, for the older more competitive players to find on their own.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It really doesn't matter what their ages are though. IVs and EVs are not meant to be known. That's why they were hidden in the first place and why we get vague information when trying to figure it out in game and have to revert to looking at online sources for more accurate numbers.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I'm going to changd the topic as we're going back and forth now, no side will agree at this rate xD. So when do you guys expect we'll see the antagonists?

Later, rather than sooner, I hope. I'd like some big 'surprises' at game release.

Speaking of that, how much is generally revealed before the release?

Years
We usually know the region, Who the rival is, around 10-15 new mons (including mascots and starters), the antagonists, around 5+ moves, and the professor, oh and the starting town/city before the release of a generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back