• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
just a quick question is there any reason to buy diamond and pearl if i have platinum? For example if i buy platinum will i need to get pearl and diamond in order to catch all the pokemon of that region and trade with the 3rd and 5th generations?

Years
just a quick question is there any reason to buy diamond and pearl if i have platinum? For example if i buy platinum will i need to get pearl and diamond in order to catch all the pokemon of that region and trade with the 3rd and 5th generations?

To begin with, what do you mean by trading with the 3rd and 5th gens?

Just a little pointer here, you can't transfer Pokemon from 4th Gen to 3rd Gen but you can transfer Pokemon from 4th Gen forward to 5th Gen. Also, if you already have Platinum I normally wouldn't recommend Diamond and Pearl due to their slow speed but they do have some Pokemon that can't be found in Platinum, like the Glameow and Stunky lines which are exclusive to Pearl and Diamond respectively.

So yeah, I do recommend all 3 games together if you want to do it for trading and filling the Pokedex.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Is there a Pokemon you can catch in Platinum (before Victory Road) that can learn both Fly and Waterfall?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Dragonite can but it'll take an awful long time to train up. The others are Mew, Smeargle, Arceus, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza and Lugia.

Crap. That mean I'm gonna have to juggle HM slaves around on my Rock run. Oh well. Thanks for answering.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
Years
I got a quick question: Is it possible to change your Pokémon's position in a picture? Because my pokemon are always located in the center low of the frame, while I'd like to move them (so I can put a pedestal beneath them for example). Thanks in advance!

Years
  • DC
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
HG/SS Question:

I want to pick up one of these titles as my next pokemon game, but I really want to build a dream team of mine. Which means I would like to have Treecko and Trapinch in my game as early as possible so I can compete in gyms and the storyline of the game with them.

Is there a way to get Treecko and Trapinch into my game at an early stage?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is there a way to get Treecko and Trapinch into my game at an early stage?

Trading is the only way. We have an excellent trading community here on PC though, and when you get your game, you could use the Gen IV/V Quick Trade Thread to hopefully find you a person willing to trade you those Pokemon early on.

For Wi-Fi trading though, I believe you have to have made it to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center (which is three badges into the game, so for HGSS, that's pretty early on). I didn't Wi-Fi trade in Gen IV though and I may be wrong on this, so if someone wants to correct me on that, feel free to.

Years
Trading is the only way. We have an excellent trading community here on PC though, and when you get your game, you could use the Gen IV/V Quick Trade Thread to hopefully find you a person willing to trade you those Pokemon early on.

For Wi-Fi trading though, I believe you have to have made it to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center (which is three badges into the game, so for HGSS, that's pretty early on). I didn't Wi-Fi trade in Gen IV though and I may be wrong on this, so if someone wants to correct me on that, feel free to.

The Global Terminal in HG/SS is located in Goldenrod City, not Ecruteak. Just a pointer there.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Worth the play?

The last Pokemon game that I got was Diamond when it first came out. And, I've been playing Black, but I've noticed I've been getting bored of it rather quickly. I've also noticed that a lot of people have been enjoying HG/SS and those were some of their favorite games.

Would you say it's worth the play, or is it a lot like a combination of Gen II/III?

Years
I've heard situations like this before, and as many others stated you should definitely give HeartGold and SoulSilver a shot because, they are really great refreshed versions of Gold and Silver with extra mechanics from 4th Gen added in, plus it has a solid postgame covering the Kanto region. In fact, HeartGold and SoulSilver combine two key elements of nostalgia while still feeling fresh.

I'm sure someone here would agree with me, definitely give them a try. You won't regret it I'm sure.

Outlier

Possibly my favorite games ever for reasons Hikamaru mentioned and many more. Yeah give them a shot, I'm sure they are relatively cheap by now.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I've heard situations like this before, and as many others stated you should definitely give HeartGold and SoulSilver a shot because, they are really great refreshed versions of Gold and Silver with extra mechanics from 4th Gen added in, plus it has a solid postgame covering the Kanto region. In fact, HeartGold and SoulSilver combine two key elements of nostalgia while still feeling fresh.

I'm sure someone here would agree with me, definitely give them a try. You won't regret it I'm sure.

I'll take your word for it (:. I'm on the 7th Gym in my Pokemon FireRed Flying Monotype run, so I'll give it a go after I beat this.

Any tips?

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Yeah I've heard about this before I personally choose both cause it has been rated. But, the very first ppkemon game I got was pokemom sapphire. Then I got to pokemon leaf green. I have to agree with hikamaru you should give heart gold a chance.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
HGSS are two of the best games of that main series in my opinion, I'd definitely recommend you check them out. The graphics are great, the music is fantastic and the overall story is great fun to play through as well.

Anyway, I'll just move this over to the 4th Gen Help Thread where quick questions like these belong.

Years
Wifi Trade/Battle Error in WFC

Im having trouble to trade via xperia mini wifi tether.. I can connect but error appearing while joining with a friend. Pls help me guys. Dont remove this

Error code 86402..

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm not too sure what's hapenning there, M-Sanj. :c I'll ask a few of my tech-savvy friends here and see if I can find a solution to your problem.

In the meantime, I'll quickly move this into the 4th Gen Help Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back