• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

Years
I tend to prefer to play as the male protagonist (probably cause I'm a guy lol) but very disappointed with this one so if that is the female protagonist that's who I'll be playing as.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I can't tell if the protagonists are 10 again or around the same age as the Gen V trainers due to their overworld models. The female looks overdressed compared to the previous ones; she might suffer from a heat stroak. There's a reason why little clothing is important for a Pokemon journey.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Why are the male protagonists always either boring looking or just plain stupid looking? UGH!!!! They all seem to have the same dopey skeleton design.

@What's wrong with Hilbert: His design is boring and he has a terrible name. That's what's wrong with him.

The female design this time around is ON POINT!

Years
The girl looks absolutely adorable so I'll be going with her! Prefer playing as my own gender anyway, the cute design is just a bonus. :3

Years
If i find the occasion to play this game, i'd choose the female, have to say that she's much better than the male in this game.
The other games i've chosen the male more often, so i'd like to change at least this time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The guy seems too similar to BW(2)'s guy, and the girl looks pretty original, so I'll be playing as her. :)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I prefer simple designs for the characters, and the goggles remind me of Digimon and since I always play the male character I'm going to be going with Girl-Tim.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
about the whole Hilbert thing, I think there is gonna be customization on the characters, what gave this away was the opening in front a mirror, clear indication, but thats besides the point, assuming that they don't have customization I like the male character a lot, so i'll go with him

Years
Male trainer is too samey. =/

Female trainer looks interesting... Unique... But she's not so much my type of character... Looks like the rich girl type or something. lol I dunno.

I'd be super happy if there is customization. (Customization is a big part of why I like the new Harvest Moon game for 3DS, for example.) I think it's good to have a customizable character.

I feel like with 3D it should be easier to implement...? I'm no expert but from what I have heard, apparently it's a lot easier to make "customizable" things with 3D graphics rather than just 2D sprites...

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
LOVE the female character! I always wanted a blonde protaganist. The boy character... So generic. Looks exactly the same as all the other boy protaganists, especially Hilbert. But I DO like Him. I will definetely be the girl this time though.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
The female protagonist seems to have gotten, I don't know girlier?
I'll probably be choosing the female anyway like I always do.
Can't believe she's wearing a dress.
A dress is not proper attire for running around and sleeping in the grass with your pokemon!

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
the girl with the pigtails looks a lot like Mei, doesn't she?
(In the first male pic)

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
the girl with the pigtails looks a lot like Mei, doesn't she?
(In the first male pic)
She does! XD
At first I was like "they're making another girl like Mei!"
And then I realized it was just an npc in the picture.
Made me sad. :/
Mei is my favorite so far. This new female trainer has big shoes to fill.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think these are hands down the best designed protagonists we have ever had. The fashion, the hair (is actually normal omfg), the faces, they just so cute and perfect! <3
People are complaining that they look "dull" and "plain", but to me they actually look like normal human beings. Like, doughnut pigtails? Visor cap afro? Bell-shaped side burns? No thanks. Cute, flowing blonde hair? Sharp, dapper shag? Yes please! These two are most certainly my favorite ever. <3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I think these are hands down the best designed protagonists we have ever had. The fashion, the hair (is actually normal omfg), the faces, they just so cute and perfect! <3
People are complaining that they look "dull" and "plain", but to me they actually look like normal human beings. Like, doughnut pigtails? Visor cap afro? Bell-shaped side burns? No thanks. Cute, flowing blonde hair? Sharp, dapper shag? Yes please! These two are most certainly my favorite ever. <3

What about the protagonists of BW1? They look like normal human beings, since that's how people wear nowadays, especially Hilda's design.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
They both look super cute! The boy especially! I mean, I'll still be playing as the girl, because she is very, very adorable, but I'm very pleased with the design of the boy!

Also, his glasses don't have the...side parts? (Wow, I wear glasses and don't even know the names of the side parts, lol!!) So they're completely useless but still so...nice-looking! xD Still, I'm really looking forward to some official art soon!

Years
I really hope you have some way of changing your character's appearance because the male protagonist's look in the preview is so Gen V. I think we can all agree the female protagonist is the superior design this time around. Hands down. She doesn't scream "I'm a Pokemon character!" like the male one does. I like the change.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I was hoping that they'd eventually let us customize our trainers, but looks like it'll never happen. :/

Back