The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Super Training 100% for me. I tried EV training via hordes just to switch it up (and hunt for shinies), but it is just too time consuming unless you have Pokerus or Power items (I had Macho Brace, but that didnt help too much). I just buy 10 of each vitamin I need and Super Train the rest. After 20 vitamins, even a level 1 Pokemon can train pretty quickly.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
waZelda

I like that you can watch about how many EVs you have in each stats, but the mini game gets old really fast when you train someone to max EVs. I like the idea though. It would be a bit cooler if there were different mini-games for different EVs, like if to train speed you had to do something similar to the hurdles mini-game in the Pokeathlon.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
I like the Macho Brace EV training on hordes, but I was glad to have the Super Training option for my Umbreon. The only area attack he can learn is Snarl, and Mime Jr. usually have 3-4 Soundproof in one horde; Making it pointless to grind on them. Super pain in the rear-end.

I also got tired of trying to find Mareep hordes when leveling SAtk on my Luvdisc. Had to finish her training on Super Training as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon_68 View Post
Super Training 100% for me. I tried EV training via hordes just to switch it up (and hunt for shinies), but it is just too time consuming unless you have Pokerus or Power items (I had Macho Brace, but that didnt help too much). I just buy 10 of each vitamin I need and Super Train the rest. After 20 vitamins, even a level 1 Pokemon can train pretty quickly.
I'll have to try the vitamin thing... plenty of disposable cash floating around after grinding XP at the battle house.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team

Last edited by Superstrength79; November 22nd, 2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
.Scream
Professor

Nature: Modest
Super training is plain annoying IMO. I usually slap on the power bracelets/anklets etc, and beat hordes.

3DS Friend Code: 5386-8479-4018

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Scream View Post
Super training is plain annoying IMO. I usually slap on the power bracelets/anklets etc, and beat hordes.
Same here, not to mention that some pokes have that "Rapid Fire" ball type which is really horrible in Super Training.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
sebastianquinn

I want to get into horde training as I recently just acquired pokerus and heard it gives you boat loads, but right now I use super training. Plus there is the added benefit of super training, training your reflexes as well

Please add me :D - 4398 9217 0348 - oh and if you do please message thank you!

My Safari is Normal Type: Lillipup, Mincinno, Chancey
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
.Scream
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianquinn View Post
I want to get into horde training as I recently just acquired pokerus and heard it gives you boat loads, but right now I use super training. Plus there is the added benefit of super training, training your reflexes as well
If you get the power items and Pokerus, it really speeds it up. Last night I fully EV trained two Litleos in about 20 mins.

3DS Friend Code: 5386-8479-4018

Old November 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

The way I see it(note this is my opion)
Super training is more fun.
Horfe battles are fasrer with Power items and Pokerus(but more boring sometimes)

My Pokemon Y friend code:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee
Timezone:Eastern
Currently looking for: Hp flying or icy wind Timid Keldeo(Tho I don't have much to offer) 5iv timid defog Latios.
Currently offeringhiny 6iv Sceptile, Shiny Deoxys, Shiny Darkrai
Old November 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
I haven't tried regular EV training before, but from what I've read and been told, it sounds a lot more tedious and easier to screw up than super training. With a combination of hordes and Pokérus, I'm sure that regular EV training can be faster for some stats, but I still find super training easier, personally.
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I actually don't regularly use super training for EVs anymore bar maybe that odd 4-8 points. It's useful for collecting bunch of rare evolutionary stones, though.
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

I was supposed to do Super Training until I discovered it was more faster to do Horde EV Training. You only need a sweet scent, EXP Share and Pokerus and you can max a specific stat in less than a minute.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old November 25th, 2013, 03:20 AM
DanteSolablood
Internet Celebrity

I just get so bored smacking pokémon about, I did all my original EV training back in GenIII with a notepad & pen keeping track of the points and DREAMED of an easier way. I've still not actually tried Super Training yet, but considering I already run from hordes rather than stay & slog my way through... lets say the horde method is not looking good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
Old November 25th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Starfury
Humans are such unfortunate animals...
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I have been using Super Training for my Charmander and work it to the bone. I've never been the type to try and get perfect EVs, but now that I'm starting I think it's a great and efficient way to get them!

Is there some kind of faster way to get hordes? /noob.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here