• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I also have some new things to report as well after taking last night to browse through v0.4:

1: I can confirm what looneyman has posted about the game crashing when viewing a Pokemon's summary screen. I think it happens when you acquire a Pokemon that does not receive an insignia right away, such as your starter or the first egg you find. I noticed that the battle status bar of those two battles are grey and not any of the insignia colors like it probably should. Letting these Pokemon enter a battle for the first time assigns the insignia and the summary screen functions as normal.
2: I don't think Insignia effects should take place in single battles as the first post notes that it mostly effects double battles. When I started v0.4 I noticed that in every battle that I have had (which are single battles), the insignia effects takes place and is random in whether there is a power boost or power fall.
3: This is more of a graphical glitch, but when I went to Route 03 the first time, the barricade was still there and disappeared as went into Route 3. I don't have a picture of this as I did not capture it in time.
4: I also noticed that there is not a throwing animation for the Egg Ball. The sound of throwing the Egg Ball is made when you use it, but its sprite does not show like throwing any other kind of Poke Ball does.
5: Here's an interesting one. In my current game, I caught a Pidgey without scanning its Pokedex entry prior to catching it. The next time I ran into a Pidgey, I decided to scan it to get its Pokedex entry. I noticed that the game thinks I no longer caught a Pidgey as the Poke Ball icon that appears when the game realizes you have caught that Pokemon disappeared. Not sure how that came to be, but it did.
6: Another graphical glitch, the PC monitor in Roughneck City is glitched and is not showing properly.
7: When entering Bill's PC, I've noticed that I can't deposit Pokemon via the "Move Pokemon" option. When I do, the game thinks that all Pokemon in my party are my starter Pokemon and displays the message, "That's your starter Pokemon!" However, when I go to "Deposit Pokemon" or "Withdraw Pokemon" options, it works just fine.

This isn't as much of an issue as you have explained it already Nickaloose. I see that the game uses our own Trainer IDs when we obtain Pokemon that hatch through eggs. However, it still shows RENTAL as the OT and ????? for the ID for all other Pokemon.

I see that the Pokedex is working now which is good for testing what it does in PD:MotLP. I have not seen any issues with the Pokedex showing a Pokemon's entry or EV yield at this time. I can also confirm that the Common and Uncommon Candy Items are working as they should.

This is what I have found out in my testing so far. I still have not reached Barnwood yet in v0.4 and still wanted to proceed past that to test for other bugs in other areas beyond it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
1: I can confirm what looneyman has posted about the game crashing when viewing a Pokemon's summary screen. I think it happens when you acquire a Pokemon that does not receive an insignia right away, such as your starter or the first egg you find. I noticed that the battle status bar of those two battles are grey and not any of the insignia colors like it probably should. Letting these Pokemon enter a battle for the first time assigns the insignia and the summary screen functions as normal.
2: I don't think Insignia effects should take place in single battles as the first post notes that it mostly effects double battles. When I started v0.4 I noticed that in every battle that I have had (which are single battles), the insignia effects takes place and is random in whether there is a power boost or power fall.
3: This is more of a graphical glitch, but when I went to Route 03 the first time, the barricade was still there and disappeared as went into Route 3. I don't have a picture of this as I did not capture it in time.
4: I also noticed that there is not a throwing animation for the Egg Ball. The sound of throwing the Egg Ball is made when you use it, but its sprite does not show like throwing any other kind of Poke Ball does.
5: Here's an interesting one. In my current game, I caught a Pidgey without scanning its Pokedex entry prior to catching it. The next time I ran into a Pidgey, I decided to scan it to get its Pokedex entry. I noticed that the game thinks I no longer caught a Pidgey as the Poke Ball icon that appears when the game realizes you have caught that Pokemon disappeared. Not sure how that came to be, but it did.
6: Another graphical glitch, the PC monitor in Roughneck City is glitched and is not showing properly.
7: When entering Bill's PC, I've noticed that I can't deposit Pokemon via the "Move Pokemon" option. When I do, the game thinks that all Pokemon in my party are my starter Pokemon and displays the message, "That's your starter Pokemon!" However, when I go to "Deposit Pokemon" or "Withdraw Pokemon" options, it works just fine.

This isn't as much of an issue as you have explained it already Nickaloose. I see that the game uses our own Trainer IDs when we obtain Pokemon that hatch through eggs. However, it still shows RENTAL as the OT and ????? for the ID for all other Pokemon.

Looneyman and yourself is right, there is a slight problem with the summary screen.

1. The battle boxes are supposed to be like that since the Insignias for those 2 are special... Eggs cannot have Insignias and Starters are special.
2. The Insignias effecting battles in all battles is a bug from the past, it is now fixed in the next version.
3. That Route 03 glitch is an annoying one because all that is done is a switch turns on and you proceed through the game... Yet that happens... It's odd... But nevertheless, I've a temp fix for the time being so the game can move forward like it should.
4. Egg Ball throwing animation now added.
5. Not registering as seen when owned is a problem from the past, it is now fixed in the next version.
6. The graphical glitch in Roughneck City has now been fixed.
7. Moving Pokémon should now be fixed in the next version.

Trainer ID's have been fixed properly, to make sure the fix gets initiated, please do the following:

1. Load the game.
  2. Take one step to an open X/Y space, meaning, you don't set off a trainer battle, wild encounter or event.
  3. Save the game.
  4. Close the game.
  5. Load the game.
This should fix all Pokémon Trainer ID problems without the need to start the game again.

Thanks for your detailed descriptions ctails12, those helped a lot in making the game what I imagine it to be... I'm glad you like the PokéDex add-ons, now that they work properly... I hope you will get to move forward in your gaming experience... As for the music, which both you and Looneyman1 have brought to my attention, I deal with no mapping or eventing anymore, so that department is not my responsibility but I will lay it to the game team and see what they think about using Anime music, to be honest, I haven't got the Audio folder so I have no idea what the music is, but I will take a look for it myself when I have a minute, we want you to enjoy the game as much as possible.

@Looneyman1: I actually got a Shellder in mine, which was ironic because Shellder is probably my 6th favorite Pokémon... There are still plenty of Eggs in the wild.

Other Updates:

1. Fixed a rare bug where a Pokémon with 0HP will gain 1HP in NuzMode.
2. Fixed a rare bug when encountering a Legendary Pokémon at the same time as a normal wild Pokémon in NuzMode.
3. Fixed an odd occurrence with Nurses crashing the game trying to heal Eggs in NuzMode.
4. Fixed an odd occurrence with the game ending in NuzMode if losing to a special character.
5. Stopped the use of Revival Herbs reviving Pokémon in NuzMode.
There are many more updates for NuzMode.

UPDATE: Version 0.4.2 is available now temporary download here

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
That's good I'm glad to hear this has been fixed so quickly. I'll be sure to check this out right away.

Anyway I have never said this before but the concept this game has mechanics-wise could set a precident among fangame makers. I hope more games with these mechanics are made because they are too unique to not consider using in any other game by any other team. I would gladly play any and all games that work off these mechanics.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thanks Looneyman, this game has been in production a while and has suffered many hiccups in the past... The whole basis that I/we have been aiming towards, is realism... The anime has many things the games do not produce and we'd like to replicate those things.

What are you enjoying so far? Ignoring all the problems lol.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I really like the evolution mechanic especially, this can save someone's hide in a real rough spot especially against an evil team's boss/admin or during a gym battle. The idea of specific moves working differently on certain pokemon (like the Rage example on Charizard in the original post) is a very fitting and cool thing to implement. Eager to see more such examples on other pokemon.

The concept of pokemon randomly picking up moves normally seen as egg moves is cool too (not sure if this is limited to your starter or not) since in the case of a few pokemon they would benefit greatly from gaining one of their egg moves. To cite an example in my latest file I got a shiny tropius from the egg I found (jolly nature with Clorophyl on top of it all) which makes for an outstanding tank for early game. It'd be awesome if it's able to learn Dragon Dance with this unique move-learning mechanic (assuming it's available to all pokemon) since tropius has otherwise poor offense and speed. Even if it's limited to only starters I figured this was worth mentioning in the off chance move tutors are planned as well since there have been move tutors in the anime for quite some time. Best example would be when Ash's Swellow learned Aerial Ace in a target game with help from an old man in Lilycove City.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Learning Egg moves is available to starters only, only because your starter is in your team at all times... For testing purposes, but eventually it will be available to all Pokémon, but for now, your starter only.

There are many moves, Pokémon specific, another one to tell you, which should shine more light on the way it works... I can give you a little list if you want... But another one is, Peck, for Doduo and Dodrio hits multiple times in stead of just once.

Move Tutors are available, you actually hit one very soon in the game, but it's limited to Grass Types only... Hooooowever, you must use Move Tokens to apply the moves... You get gifted some tokens in the first Tutor house.

The Evolution feature doesn't work in Double Battles or Wild Battles, but will work in all Single Trainer Battles, including Gym Battles, one feature I'm extremely proud of... The reason I chose to stop it in Double Battles, is because Insignias play a vital part in them, I don't want that overshadowed by anything else... And Wild Battles are over in a flash, so wants the point when a Pokémon can just evolve after like normal.

I'm glad you like some of the features, I want players to have an experience unlike any other game... If there is any feature you'd like to see, that feel would enhance the games experience, feel free to suggest.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Having all Pokemon learn their Egg Moves is definitely an awesome mechanic that I like about this game. I remember when playing v0.1 that the very first Egg Move my Charmander learned was Dragon Dance. I haven't seen the Egg Move thing come up since then, but it has great potential.

I also looked at the Trainer ID thing and it does indeed work. I did not have to do it the way you described Nickalooose. I simply walked into a different area and all of my Pokemon had my Trainer ID.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I didn't expect all pokemon to have the ability to learn egg moves anyway I'm just glad that in time all pokemon will have that capability.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I didn't expect all pokemon to have the ability to learn egg moves anyway I'm just glad that in time all pokemon will have that capability.
Having all Pokemon learn their Egg Moves is definitely an awesome mechanic that I like about this game. I remember when playing v0.1 that the very first Egg Move my Charmander learned was Dragon Dance. I haven't seen the Egg Move thing come up since then, but it has great potential.

The only reason all Pokémon can't do it yet is because I'm not sure if it 100% works... It's great to see you experienced your first Egg Move learned... In some cases, your Pokémon may learn the moves quickly/sooner, rather than slower/later... Once we're certain the bugs within the way Egg Move learning works, are non-existent, it will be released to all Pokémon, which will provide Pokémon a whole new combination of move sets... The problem we're concerning ourselves with is whether; Your starter learns Egg Moves too commonly, should the rate of learning be risen or dropped, should your starter have a choice... Many things come in to account when deciding if a Pokémon should learn an Egg Move "now" or not, but it's not that uncommon for a starter to learn 2 Egg Moves within 5 minutes, give or take.

I also looked at the Trainer ID thing and it does indeed work. I did not have to do it the way you described Nickalooose. I simply walked into a different area and all of my Pokemon had my Trainer ID.

As your way is indeed another way to make the game fix itself, I do recommend, saving and restarting your game so the game can check and fix all Pokémon if necessary... But I'm happy it is fixed and you seem to be happy it is too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yeah the IDs are fixed on my end as well in much the same way as ctails' were. Then again I restarted my game to be safe.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm glad it's fixed overall then, hope you enjoy the game a little better now.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
There is on problem that's been in every beta up till now and it's the ingame clock...It's 9 PM where I live but in game it's mid-day. Other than that everything appears perfect for now.

Another problem I forgot to metion is the fairy type. It isn't weak to poison when it should be, and it's immune to dark attacks instead of being merely resistant to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Oh, you know what... I created the Fairy type a long long long time ago, well before Gen 5 or 6 was released... So I never updated the weaknesses and resistances for it, I will probably need to do that and will do that now, but it won't be in effect until the next release, unless it's brought to my attention by more people... Hope you can wait.

The clock is nothing to do with me, I've played around with the day and night system so it's day or night every 4 hours so every player can experience both day and night encounters... But where do you live? Because I'm sure Essentials is GMT+0 based... But I can try and change it to what your time says on the players clock.

EDIT: I've just noticed something... The Fairy type in this game is somewhat different... The Fairy types have 2 distinct typings... So not only are they Fairy type... They are also Light or Dark types... So each Fairy can be a Light Fairy or a Dark Fairy... Both have different Fairy moves they learn and since I haven't made any official Fairy moves, the moves that they learn are the only Fair typed moves in-game...

We completely forgot about Fairy types, so they will be added in a future update... Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh really? Well good to hear about the faries, I'm glad I touched on it. I like the dark/light fairy idea but it does end up getting in the way of things I must admit. I can wait for that no problem. I've been working on building up my team a bit more anyhow as I just caught a Bold Mareep which I need to level up pretty quick after beating the first gym on my new file. As such I got plenty to do as it is.

In fact here is my current team; Quilava, Skorupi (adamant, plus shiny due to being from the first egg), Pidgey (adamant), and Mareep (Bold). I was hoping for a decent hidden power with quilava but the IVs never seemed to cycle to be good enough to get a base power above 40 for whatever reason, same with Mareep (or a good type). I hope cyndaquil's line ha a better movepool in this than in the main games to work off it's special stats (which I'm sure is the case) since hidden power can be unreliable a lot of the time.

Also I never got a response on this (it's a minor point anyway) but what do you think of using songs from the anime to use as background music during battle? It's an approach pokemon uranium took and it went pretty well. That's up to you though of course.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yeah, sorry about the Fairies though, we just forgot about them.

Um, I'll see about the music, but I'm not entirely sure what the anime music is... But I'm sure Google does, I will take a look personally.

That's a pretty nice team, where are you? How did you find the first gym? That's a nice Pokémon to receive out an egg at the beginning of the game at least.

As it were, ---- has just messaged me on another forum, he's back and has given me permission to edit the OP here

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
On the matter of music I mean the pokemon anime specifically, I should have specified lol. The other in-game tracks are fine, but the battle music is not very fitting at all.

And yeah I only just beat the first gym on this current attempt. I explored cycling road a bit but wen I realized that it would take forever to go back tot he start if I went to the next town I went back to the Forgiveness Lake to look for more pokemon to even out the level distribution I would expect from battling every trainer on that path. I like what you did with the gym leader.
Spoiler:

As far as my pokemon go thanks for the praise on Skorupi. It took forever to get anything good. Many of the pokemon I got were great to use, but they kept getting bad natures (such as a Brave Pichu or a modest machop). Skorupi appeared three times on different attempts in hatching the egg and as one expects on the proverbial 3rd try I got a really good Skorupi for my troubles.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Can't seem to load the game. Trying the Game.exe does nothing, and trying the Game - Pokemon Dreams loads up a small window that says "Error - Cannot load the game file".

I've tried the newest version and an older one. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
WHOA! Big crash on cycling road!

yY6Njz1.png

This crashed when I was about to battle this one NPC, says it can't find said trainer. I also got a similar crash interacting with a Kingler in High End City. Can you search through all the NPCs and see which ones cause crashes for a future patch? This issue is awfully prevalent at the moment for me.

Also multi-hit moves such as Pin Missile, Doubleslap, and Double Kick only hit once. Also paralyze heals are broken as I can't "use" them.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
On the matter of music I mean the pokemon anime specifically, I should have specified lol. The other in-game tracks are fine, but the battle music is not very fitting at all.

And yeah I only just beat the first gym on this current attempt. I explored cycling road a bit but wen I realized that it would take forever to go back tot he start if I went to the next town I went back to the Forgiveness Lake to look for more pokemon to even out the level distribution I would expect from battling every trainer on that path. I like what you did with the gym leader.
Spoiler:

As far as my pokemon go thanks for the praise on Skorupi. It took forever to get anything good. Many of the pokemon I got were great to use, but they kept getting bad natures (such as a Brave Pichu or a modest machop). Skorupi appeared three times on different attempts in hatching the egg and as one expects on the proverbial 3rd try I got a really good Skorupi for my troubles.

That's no problem, I always feel that anything you think is worth telling me, would be worth the praise, congratulations to you and all others that get something special.

The NPC's crashing, there are only 2 that will cause the crash, that Biker and a trainer you are yet to reach so an update will fix this before you encounter this again, however, I can't upload a new update until later, so if you happen to notice anyone else with the problem, maybe a little heads up to just ignore that trainer until a fix is available.

I'm not too sure what to do about the music at the moment, but I've got a new battle sound to be updated so later when I can, you can download that and use it instead, hope this is better.

How you do feel about the leader requesting you use the same amount of Pokémon as himself? Congratulations on beating him, you clearly have trained well.

WHOA! Big crash on cycling road!
This crashed when I was about to battle this one NPC, says it can't find said trainer. I also got a similar crash interacting with a Kingler in High End City. Can you search through all the NPCs and see which ones cause crashes for a future patch? This issue is awfully prevalent at the moment for me.

Also multi-hit moves such as Pin Missile, Doubleslap, and Double Kick only hit once. Also paralyze heals are broken as I can't "use" them.

I'll take a look at the Double Hit moves later... I'm not sure what's happened there, but I will take a look, since that's definitely a problem... As for the events causing problems, it turns out it's a numeral problem, not an event problem, so I've took it upon myself to edit all events that have a numeral problem, that I can find.

Can't seem to load the game. Trying the Game.exe does nothing, and trying the Game - Pokemon Dreams loads up a small window that says "Error - Cannot load the game file".

I've tried the newest version and an older one. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious?

You must unpack the folder inside the rar file then use "Game - Pokémon Dreams.exe"

Back