The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Rambon99

Nature: Lonely
I did set the flag in a different script and it seemed to work, but I don't know why do anything in this one. I'll also put that script if you'd like to take a look at it.
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x71B2FE
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x213
if 0x1 goto @stop
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x213
release
end

#org @stop
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @1
=\[black_fr]Mom: Hey sweetie could you come down here?\p\[red_fr][PLAYER]:Moooom! I'm on the computer!\p\[black_fr]Mom:COME DOWN HERE GODDAMNIT!

#org @2
=\[black_fr]Mom: I CAN HEAR YOU ON THAT FUNKIN MACHINE! \nCOME DOWN HERE NOW!
Old July 9th, 2014, 06:31 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambon99 View Post
I did set the flag in a different script and it seemed to work, but I don't know why do anything in this one. I'll also put that script if you'd like to take a look at it.
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x71B2FE
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x213
if 0x1 goto @stop
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x213
release
end

#org @stop
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @1
=\[black_fr]Mom: Hey sweetie could you come down here?\p\[red_fr][PLAYER]:Moooom! I'm on the computer!\p\[black_fr]Mom:COME DOWN HERE GODDAMNIT!

#org @2
=\[black_fr]Mom: I CAN HEAR YOU ON THAT FUNKIN MACHINE! \nCOME DOWN HERE NOW!
What results do you get from this script?

Flag 0x213 is not known for any use. It may not exist and therefore result in reseting each time it is used by overwrite from other data.

Paired with Simba
Old July 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Gorrioncillo

as you know, this flags/varibles have to be safe in the .sav, where are the offset for this, or where can i see for it on the ram
Old July 12th, 2014, 08:15 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrioncillo View Post
as you know, this flags/varibles have to be safe in the .sav, where are the offset for this, or where can i see for it on the ram
In the ram, flags are shifted around by DMA every cycle of the mainloop. Using ASM and dumping the offset found by the flag return function is the only way to locate a flag at a specific cycle. I have long lost the offset of said function but it is labeled in Knizz's IDB file if I remember right.

Paired with Simba
Old September 29th, 2014, 05:45 AM
NG55

What are the flags in LeafGreen that are safe. I'm making a hack through Blue's perspective (and later Leaf's) and I think it'd be easier to use LeafGreen for the names at the beginning. There are multiple instances of the names when I look for them in A-text, so I don't want to screw anything up.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links