Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development
Reload this Page Research: The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old October 27th, 2014 (04:48 PM). Edited October 27th, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote originally posted by RaileysXerilyasRX:
The Emerald Fairy patch really buggy and it already includes the split viewer. So anyways, (this might be off topic so bear with it) I tried manually add the Fairy type in Emerald without replacing any (I added the icon after the Dark and the 5 contest types). It glitched afterwards, why so? Have you tried adding the Fairy type manually and carefully? If so and very successful, please teach me dude.
I'm not using the Fairy type patch... at all.
As I mentioned I expanded it myself without replacing. The only problem is, again as I mentioned the limiter for the type icons at 61CFC1 affects the PSS Icons. If it is 17 then its fine, but you don't get the Fairy-type, if it's 18, then you get the bug I mentioned before. I believe it's not just a limiter, but also an OAM co-ordinate, so I'm just going to find a location where it doesn't overlap.

EDIT: 30 seems to work.
Old October 27th, 2014 (05:07 PM).
Impressive. Most impressive.

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by MrDollSteak:
I'm not using the Fairy type patch... at all.
As I mentioned I expanded it myself without replacing. The only problem is, again as I mentioned the limiter for the type icons at 61CFC1 affects the PSS Icons. If it is 17 then its fine, but you don't get the Fairy-type, if it's 18, then you get the bug I mentioned before. I believe it's not just a limiter, but also an OAM co-ordinate, so I'm just going to find a location where it doesn't overlap.

EDIT: 30 seems to work.
Ahh... alright. I will try that later... but... "30" really works? So like, if it is 30 (hex), I can have 48 types (26 new) in game. LOL Haha! Thanks dude.
Old December 3rd, 2014 (11:51 AM). Edited December 4th, 2014 by Edwearth.

Hello, I have a little problem.
I did it on a clean emerald rom and it worked.
But i try to do it with my rom which has extended moves and it fails.

The game run without problem until I go to Pokemon-Summary-Battle Moves and I press A.

With VBA 1.8 I have this error message "Unsupported BIOS function 44 called from 0880043e0. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour."
Then it reset the game. With other emulators, it is just reseting.
(I'm sure it is not a BIOS problem)

In all cases, thank you for this helpful tuto !

Édit : I didn't see where the mistakes were. So I restarted from the begining and it seams working.
Old December 6th, 2014 (10:04 AM).
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
ABout Types... As some of you added Fairy without repleacing to game. This is possible to add also this in Ruby? I don't want break Contest Types.
Old December 13th, 2014 (05:58 AM).
Spriter

Nature: Mild
Physical/Special split in Gen 3 games!! That's such an awesome feature! I think I've only seen a few hacks that contained this! I wonder if there's a hacking tool one can use. I would really enjoy using this feature in my Expert Emerald rom I've download ed
Old December 17th, 2014 (02:30 PM).
Banned

When I used Dartharon's ASM code (with Jambo's fix), I'm just getting blank white squares where the icons would be.

The odd thing is I did it exactly the same way on a clean FR ROM and it worked fine.

What would be causing this?
Old March 21st, 2015 (06:20 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Hey, would anyone be interested in a tutorial using Darthatron and Jambo51's routines to insert the physical/special split that dumbs it down so you only have to use a hex editor? I think I've executed everything needed properly, but before I post the tut, I'd like to know that it would be useful. I know there are patches and whatnot that exist.
Old March 21st, 2015 (09:16 PM).
Sceptile ftw

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by metapod23:
Hey, would anyone be interested in a tutorial using Darthatron and Jambo51's routines to insert the physical/special split that dumbs it down so you only have to use a hex editor? I think I've executed everything needed properly, but before I post the tut, I'd like to know that it would be useful. I know there are patches and whatnot that exist.
In my opinion, that would be useful. Maybe I'll even try it out
Credit

Pair

Old March 21st, 2015 (09:19 PM).

Quote originally posted by metapod23:
Would this cover adding in the attack category icons, or just the class split? Actually, either way I think I'd like to see this tut. It would help me when I take long breaks from messing with this stuff.
Old March 22nd, 2015 (12:25 PM).
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Uikri:
Would this cover adding in the attack category icons, or just the class split? Actually, either way I think I'd like to see this tut. It would help me when I take long breaks from messing with this stuff.
It would include adding the icons all done in a hex editor.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:14 PM).

I tried to port Doesnt's patch to Ruby (even if I never used it at all)
Obviously it doesn't work but I think it's almost done since I found (I think) the place where the shifting bytes have to be made.
It's just that some ASM commands in the ability are differents between Emerald and Ruby. Exemple I noticed that when we have the command 7D or 7E in a emerald's ability, it's almost always 9A in Ruby.
So, if someone skilled enough want to take a shot and make it works :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oe15g6gsu395yj/PhysSpecSplitruby(not%20working).ips?dl=0 Here is the changes I made
Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:36 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by MisterJoJo.

I know everything here is in English but I am a german hacker trying to port the patch for the split for Firered (D).
I edited the patch so that the offsets are correct for the german rom. Im still missing the pointers and I dont know
which pointers have to be edited (I changed the pointer to the attacks data at 250C04 though). Currently the game is freezing in a battle when using an attack.

So is there anybody who can give me suggestions which pointers might be wrong and what else could be wrong ?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out myself by using a disassembler. Hopefully the german hacker community has this feature now too.
Old 1 Week Ago (07:03 AM).

After doing this, and spliting physical attacks from special attacks, can I make physical attacks be ineffective against Ghost Pokémon? Or only special Electric attacks be ineffective against Ground Pokémon?
Old 1 Week Ago (07:15 AM).

Quote originally posted by FamiliaWerneck:
After doing this, and spliting physical attacks from special attacks, can I make physical attacks be ineffective against Ghost Pokémon? Or only special Electric attacks be ineffective against Ground Pokémon?
To doing this you will have to make a routine in ASM, there is no "simple way" to make it with just this patch
Old 1 Week Ago (11:48 AM).

Quote originally posted by kleenexfeu:
To doing this you will have to make a routine in ASM, there is no "simple way" to make it with just this patch
Ok, no problem.
Also, when I change a ROM using a program (Advance Map, for example) or ASM, wouldn't the changes be, like, more permanent than in a patch?
'Cause when I see a patch, I think that missing it or deleting it by accident is way easier and simpler than doing the same to a ROM.
What's the real difference between them?
Ain't messing with a ROM directly safer and more permanent than just a patch?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links