• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Worldmap in R/S/E

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
so if we use different colors, im using the hgss colors, do we need that worldmap.pal? how would i get the colors right?

Larsie13

For people who want to edit the palette of the worldmap, use APE (Advanced Palette Editor), by HackMew. The offset is 0x59F75C in Emerald, 0x3E5D80 in Ruby, and 0x3E5DD8 in Sapphire. It's better to first change the palette with APE, and recolor your worldmap with the exact same colors afterwards, and then insert it. However, you will need to re-save the worldmap.pal of course.
Alright. When I wrote over the rom, I now saw the two messages each time. Only problem is the game can't run anymore. VBA is popping up with with an error saying it can't read the image. I'm assuming I wrote over the wrong image or something. I can't really tell what the world map image is supposed to look like. I jumped to 245 (I am using Emerald) and shifted up and down about 20 but nothing looks remotely like the worldmap or bearing any hint to one. Can you screenshot what sort of image I'm supposed to look for?

Edit: Now it's inserted but the colors are off. The colors should be like your map's colors. i196 (dot) photobucket (dot) com/albums/aa58/darkpidgeot/mapdiscolor (dot) png
That might be caused by your map using slightly different colors than the palette has. You might want to try reinserting it after having checked to see if the colors matched. Because they need to match exactly. You could do that with a combination of APE's RGB/GBA converter and a program like Paint, that allows you to view a pixel's color. (Irfanview is better, though, because it lets you view an indexed image's palette.)
Hi im having LOADS of trouble with NTME i am using the same size pic as Larsie but it says it is 'too big or too small' I am also using sphere to make the tilemap like in the video in the tutorial. And sometimes when i manage to turn the png images to raw it come up but says 'couldn't guess the tilemap's size' and when i press okay this happens (see attachment).
Hmm, never seen that before. Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help you with that problem. :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
wouldnt it be easier to use a .pal of my worldmap and import it using APE? and is the offset for ruby right? its giving me yellows and reds, not blues and greens... help plz

EeveeRocks

Master of Eevees
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
I can't seem to find the worldmap or tileset in unZL. I checked the numbers. I am using ruby. I just can't find it.

Larsie13

I can't seem to find the worldmap or tileset in unZL. I checked the numbers. I am using ruby. I just can't find it.
There could be a couple of reasons for that.

1. You are looking in 16-color mode. In that case, the image looks like this:
    Spoiler:
    Just switch to 256-color mode.
  2. You hacked some images before, and repointed them. In that case, it won't be around 136. You just need to look for it by offset. The offset in Ruby is 03E5DA0.
  3. You're using a different dump than I am. As with number 2, you should search by offset. (03E5DA0.)

Larsie13

Have you tried Google? Just Google "Tile Molester", and the link should be right at the top.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2010
Hey, im having some trouble with writing my tilemap to the rom. when i load the .raw for my tileset and write it to the rom, it gives me the "ptr found at 000FA990. Changed." with is the message im supposed to get. But when i try to load the.raw of my tilemap and write it to the rom with the correct offset and everything, i dont get that message. I followed every step exactly and tried a bunch of different offsets for my tilemap but it just wont write to the rom propperly.

Larsie13

well i found something on zophars utilities but you need java and i cant get java to download java please help
See my PM.
does somebody know where to download tilemolestor? I can't find it
See the post above you. Zophar's Utilities. Google "TileMolester", and it's the first link in the search results.
Hey, im having some trouble with writing my tilemap to the rom. when i load the .raw for my tileset and write it to the rom, it gives me the "ptr found at 000FA990. Changed." with is the message im supposed to get. But when i try to load the.raw of my tilemap and write it to the rom with the correct offset and everything, i dont get that message. I followed every step exactly and tried a bunch of different offsets for my tilemap but it just wont write to the rom propperly.
I dunno. It could happen if you already repointed the tilemap before, but other than that, I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
i think maybe by re arranging the tiles how you want them :O
sounds kinda difficult lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
I need some help!
When I add my picture map in Tilemolester, it just take a part of it (I've attached the file).
How can I do?
Thanks!

Attachments

• sanstitre.png
    sanstitre.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 31
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Help

Hi i'm quite new to this now i've made my own tile set and used the tiles from the actuall game (2 seperate) and when I come to viewing the map it always has funny shapes or random tiles that i didn't put in i followed every instruction and of course i have ack up roms pls can u reply or make a video for this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
this is why i dont see the need for a tool for this.... i mean one tool....
because this map don't work.... even by following the tutorial....

region1.png
region1.png
(and now the image button is not working)
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/region1.png/

oh i'm using ruby, and i'm NOT geting more crap on my computer so can you help?

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
What are you supposed to use to draw up the map in the first place?
I would have thought something like PTC or NTME, but PTC is zoomed in way too much to see an overall view as a preview, and I can't find a way to do Fill the entire tile...map with one colour as a background, which takes ages to do manually.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
-Removed-

Woops, nevermind my previous question. Seems I set up NTME to use 4bpp instead of 8.

I now have a different problem though, my NTME crashes when I try to load the Sphere file. Any way I can make a .RAW from just the map file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
The offset with 0xdf0000, when I tried to put it in ruby, some pokemon in wild, pokedex, or attack moves either reset or freezes. The map is now in the pokemon index in unlz-gba. Is there a way to make the map switch offsets again?

Back