• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
I've heard that females' orgasms are at least 50X more intense. If it's true, would a sex change increase an orgasm this way?
Sometimes it just sounds like being a woman must be so much fun. xD 'cept for, y'know, the monthly visitor... And the excruciating pain that is child birth... And menopause...

God, I love being a man. :D

Anyways, hi. I'm new to the forums & I'm bi, so I figured I'd come say hi. If it's alright, I'd like to join. c: Also, I've been reading this a bit, and you're all wonderful. Just thought you should know. :D <3

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Welcome Dawn_Hero!

Yeah, I guess we are pretty wonderful! lol

Nah, you can just pay someone else like 10,000 to be a surrogate for your baby. Well, I guess the other two are kinda impossible to prevent, lol.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Sometimes it just sounds like being a woman must be so much fun. xD 'cept for, y'know, the monthly visitor...

This reminds me of a brilliant IT Crowd episode. Those times of the month can really change a person from:

This:
the_it_crowd_jen.jpg

To this:
it_crowd___irma_by_surlana.jpg

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
PANSEXUAL STILL ISN'T BEING REPRESENTED SMH
FINE, I'LL ASK LANDOURS TO ASK A MOD TO CHANGE THE GROUP TO LGBTQIPAAAOSA
(Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, pansexual, asexual, ally, and other sexualities, Alliance)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, Dawn_Hero!

Gah it's always when I have to work long hours that this thread picks up then I've gotta read like 20 posts. Y'all make it too much effort with your crappy timing :P

Anyway I have a good question for you all:

Do you think it sends a more powerful message in the fight for equal rights when gay people speak out or when straight people do?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Dawn_Hero, welcome! If you have any issues in real life, you wouldn't be the first one I was able to reassure in this alliance.

Do you think it sends a more powerful message in the fight for equal rights when gay people speak out or when straight people do?

I personally believe that the best thing is not when one of these two groups speaks out; it's best when they both speak out together at the same time. This shows that not only are gays sticking up for their own rights, but it's also possible for heterosexuals to stick up for gay rights at the same time. This also shows that heterosexuals who are against gay rights really should take the time to understand gays before they take such hateful viewpoint. The only way you can take any sort of viewpoint I see as legitimate for or against anything, you first have to take the time to understand what you're taking a side for or against. The vast majority of people against gay rights are ignorant because they do not fully (sometimes don't even begin to) understand homosexuality.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
The thread title is now longer! Yay! :D

Well, everything is more powerful when everyone is united. But if the two were separate, then straight people would have a more powerful message.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Personally I think we shouldnt have to fight for our rights. To actually answer the question, I think you need a combined effort from all sides to fight. That's why I love kathy griffin and ladygaga, We all know that on the inside they're Gay men.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What's your opinion on outing politicians? I just watched the film Outrage. I personally think putting anybody's personal business out there is wrong. The film also sent the message that your sexual orientation has to define your political beliefs. If you're homosexual, you must have certain beliefs. What ever happened to diversity of opinion?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
In an ideal world, outing wouldn't be a big circus. It would be similar to the conversation I had with a guy I just met today - we were talking about the Glee Project, and in the conversation he mentioned in passing that he was gay like one of the contestants. No comment was needed, it was just to make the point he wanted to make.

Although in the real world, gay rights are a political issue as well as a personal issue. There are most likely very, very few gay people who are against gay rights, so that at least affects their opinion in that way. Although I'm fairly certain a majority of gay people are Democrats, being gay still shouldn't affect the way you feel on, say, the debt crisis.

Side note: I really, really hate the huge string of letters in the title.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
In an ideal world, outing wouldn't be a big circus. It would be similar to the conversation I had with a guy I just met today - we were talking about the Glee Project, and in the conversation he mentioned in passing that he was gay like one of the contestants. No comment was needed, it was just to make the point he wanted to make.

Although in the real world, gay rights are a political issue as well as a personal issue. There are most likely very, very few gay people who are against gay rights, so that at least affects their opinion in that way. Although I'm fairly certain a majority of gay people are Democrats, being gay still shouldn't affect the way you feel on, say, the debt crisis.

Yeah, let's just change the title to "Everything Under the Sun Alliance" since I'm sure we've still left something out.

I don't think your sexual orientation should define any of your beliefs, even those who oppose things like same-sex marriage. 10% of openly LGBT voters voted Yes on Prop 8 in my state back in 2008. While that's a small minority, diversity of views does exist. There were probably more. They just didn't identify as LGBT in exit polling. The results were more telling on racial lines than partisan lines, actually. 70% of blacks a slim majority of Asians and Hispanics backed the ban. At the same times, prominent GOP elected officials like Governor Schwarzenegger came out against the ban.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024

In all honesty, I think it sends a more powerful message when straight people speak out. As a gay male, I can't count how many times I know I would've been ridiculed if I dared to speak out about my sexuality and my desire for rights. But (at least here in New Zealand), it seems that straight people get more attention and therefore more opportunity to try gain equal rights for all.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
There was a student in my international relations class that did presentations on LGBT topics every time he had the chance. I'm very open to the idea, and even I was a bit annoyed at the repetitiveness. Imagine how those who are not tolerant or are on the fence must have felt. There is a limit to how vocal one should be, imo.

Shining Raichu

Years
In answer to my own question, I also think it sends a more powerful message when straight people speak out. When gay people do it it is generally seen as "another gay person whining because they can't get married" or they could mess it up because they're too emotionally close to the equal rights cause, but when a straight person speaks out and says "hey, it's not OK to treat people this way" it actually makes people stop and think.

Toujours said:

I totally agree. I thought it was a joke when NurseBabs said it... is it really necessary? It looks silly.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I demand that demisexual, omnisexual, and polysexual are all added to the title immediately.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@ U_Flame - I felt so good actually have seen that episode and getting that reference. <3

Heterosexuals all the way. It's just the feeling of "I'm not gay, but I know prejudice is wrong" feel that really is more potent then "I'm gay and stop the prejudice."

It's the message being said by The Party vs. Third Party affect. Third Party is observer, so it's seen as an unbiased view.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Speaking of which...

I was talking to my friend a few days ago, who still thinks I'm straight, and the subject came up. I mentioned that I supported gay rights, and his response was: "Are you retarded? Why would you support them?"

Now, he's not religious at all, and lives in Canada, which actually allows gay marriage nationwide, so the people there must be generally more accepting. I can't figure out why he would be so strongly against it. He has no reason as far as I can tell.

Shining Raichu

Years
Speaking of which...

I was talking to my friend a few days ago, who still thinks I'm straight, and the subject came up. I mentioned that I supported gay rights, and his response was: "Are you retarded? Why would you support them?"

Now, he's not religious at all, and lives in Canada, which actually allows gay marriage nationwide, so the people there must be generally more accepting. I can't figure out why he would be so strongly against it. He has no reason as far as I can tell.

Religion undoubtedly breeds prejudice and bigotry, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that homophobia is exclusively a religious thing. Sometimes males just don't like homosexuals for no good reason other than the fact that they feel it's a threat to their masculinity, or more often than not it's a sign that they're gay and are overcompensating to hide it. Or it could be his upbringing, he might have homophobic parents. There are hundreds of possibilities lol

Back