• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I recall back when I was in high school, the school day started at 7:30 AM and ended at 2:00 PM. Course there were also 6 periods, each period lasted for 55 minutes. Now there were also two lunches, but which lunch you had depended on which teacher you had fourth period.

Last edited:
Years
Usually 3-5 days or so, give or take.

You know, that was the first thing I thought when I saw periods. You guys couldn't just say classes?

Four periods a day, an hour and a half each with some leeway for lunchtime. (I'm one of those get-to-class-fifteen-minutes-after-lunch-ends people.)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
My high school started at 7:45AM. Ended at 2:30PM, or 3PM. We had 45 minute classes, a 15 minute break, and a 45-or-hour lunch.

I miss high school in some ways. I actually just visited it to pick up a transcript I needed and felt hella nostalgia and I didn't dare walk further into the building for fear of memory-lane-syndrome.

Years
Senior year in high school for me was ridiculous. 9:50AM to 11:30AM or so, not even two hours. I had too much free time. XD;

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Senior year in high school for me was ridiculous. 9:50AM to 11:30AM or so, not even two hours. I had too much free time. XD;
I wish my highschool would have let me do that. I went to a private high school and they wouldn't let you out early. I only had two classes that were mandatory for graduation and they made me take SIX ELECTIVES. Total boo hockey.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Our high school started at 8:15 and went until 3:30 and we had a 25 minute lunch and homeroom class. I of course had to stay the whole day because I had band first period and then there was a free class in between each of my classes that I actually needed to take but it took too long to go home and come back for me to ever leave early. Our classes were 55 minutes long and we had a 5 minute passing period between each. Second semester though I was thrown into a retread school because I did something that made it so I wasn't allowed in the actual high school anymore, so I went to school for 30 minutes to 1 hour every day and just did packet work to finish out my credits. I actually really preferred it that way and I wish I would have been given that option sooner because I could have graduated a year or so early and already been starting on college and a life.

Years
I'm thinking of the worst thing about high school for me right now: the lunch, a.k.a. hot **** on a plate.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I would like to think we had pretty decent lunches. A lot of times I actually looked forward to eating the school lunch because they got some pretty good ****. Our cafeteria was reminiscent of a college food court. We had about 6 different lines and then people in the lobby had food stands and we had a mobile rally's outside that would sell food to students and yea. The chinese line always had something good in it because it's chinese. And then we had fried chicken, chicken fried chicken, crispitos which are little tacquitos things drenched in nacho cheese sauce which was the absolute best thing ever. And then our pizza was handmade so it was actually pretty good, and at the end of the week they made a super supreme pizza using all the ingredients left over from the week so it had like chicken, steak, jalapenos, olives, peppers, it had everything and it was delicious.

Years
I would like to think we had pretty decent lunches. A lot of times I actually looked forward to eating the school lunch because they got some pretty good ****. Our cafeteria was reminiscent of a college food court. We had about 6 different lines and then people in the lobby had food stands and we had a mobile rally's outside that would sell food to students and yea. The chinese line always had something good in it because it's chinese. And then we had fried chicken, chicken fried chicken, crispitos which are little tacquitos things drenched in nacho cheese sauce which was the absolute best thing ever. And then our pizza was handmade so it was actually pretty good, and at the end of the week they made a super supreme pizza using all the ingredients left over from the week so it had like chicken, steak, jalapenos, olives, peppers, it had everything and it was delicious.

>:( You're officially on Aisu's To Die List now, buddy.

Years
I hate it when there are several hours gap between my classes. In TuTh I have 2 and half hour worth of classes but 5 hour break between each so I have to stay at the university for several hours. Not to mention the parking problems so I have to get there a bit earlier anyways.

At least I don't have to wake up at 6AM every day though... that's something that I never want to repeat.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
My classes start at 7:00 AM and end at 2:30 PM. I have eight 50 minute classes, 30 minutes for lunch and two 5 minute breaks between classes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My manager's going away for 7 weeks to Europe and pretty much every staff member except me and one other guy who can only do part time has quit, so I'm probably gonna be doing 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 7 weeks. Think of that while ya'll are whining about school.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Works is loads harder than school. No question. Even if you do less.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
People who complain about school really rub me the wrong way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
People who complain all the time rub me the wrong way.

Everyone complains about something sometime.

Sirfetch’d

I try my best not to complain about most things unless they affect me directly. I too can't stand it when people complain about every little detail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back