• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electric rodents can go die in a fire

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
They suck. They all copied Pikachu and failed miserably at that. They all deserve a +6 Stone Edge from Landorus-T. Come at me.

Spoiler:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I agree with the above though i will say Emolga wasn't too bad actually. Similar cuteness and little bit less power though still very decently helpful for battle.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I agree with the above though i will say Emolga wasn't too bad actually. Similar cuteness and little bit less power though still very decently helpful for battle.

The flying type is a plus! That's original, specially for a rodent.

Years
The electric rodents aren't that bad.

Sure, they aren't too great competitively but at least they are cute and kids love cute characters. Also, there's ones like Emolga who has a useful type combination and Dedenne whose type combination is unique to it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
They suck. They all copied Pikachu and failed miserably at that. They all deserve a +6 Stone Edge from Landorus-T. Come at me.

Ouch, that's a little harsh :/

While I do think they're largely an attempt on the part of GameFreak to cash in on the Pikachu success, I still think they're all adorable :3 Plusle and Minun are two of my favorite 3rd gen Pokemon, because of how cute they are :) I just hope they one day make one that's at least a little competitively viable :c

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
The electric rodents aren't that bad.

Sure, they aren't too great competitively but at least they are cute and kids love cute characters. Also, there's ones like Emolga who has a useful type combination and Dedenne whose type combination is unique to it.

I would like to add that a Pachirisu was on the world championship tournament. That's a good example of how *almost* any Pokemon can do it!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Is this a parody of the Charizard thread? Lol

Stat wise, none are particular stronger than the OU/Uber Pokemon or Pikachu, they aren't really copy-paste of Pikachu either. They could have all won the competition that Pachirisu won if they are literal carbon-copies, in terms of battling capability. Lmao

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I like their designs for the most part, and I mainly judge pokemon on design. I feel like Dedenne and Pachirisu are a great designs, just cheapened a bit by the electric rodent tradition, but not made any less cute.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
Sometimes I want the people who decided on their stats to die in a fire!
Because I think they are adorable! And useless! So, so useless!
I don't think the Pika-Clone trend is ever going to stop. We can just hope that one day we get one that's not horrid stat-wise.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I like all the electric rodents especially Emolga due to their cuteness.

Spoiler:

Years
2014 Pokemon World Championships Finals, Pachirisu MVP. 'Nuff said.

I know. This was a sarcastic thread if you couldn't guess already xD

And Pachirisu can also work as an Assault Vest user from what I know (in singles).

Speaking of other triumphant Pachirisu, there's also Ninjarisu from Marriland's Platinum Nuzlocke. He has proved to be a useful team member while initially underestimated, but he ended up proving that cute can be a fighter as well and ended the series as one of only two survivors from the final battle against Cynthia, alongside Extremely the Leafeon.

Back