• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I seriously doubt you'll get banned for this >.>

Its a bit off topic, yes, but nothing you wrote was infraction worthy. Hardly even ban worthy. It is annoying that this argument comes up a lot, but that'd not infraction/ban worthy.

Snipped for size ease

Not even going to bother responding to everything because the entire post is nothing but your own personal view which has NO EFFECT on how the anime is being ran. Those are just YOUR views, so how about you stop trying to force feed me your opinion since you don't like mine and you just have to be right.

You know nothing about how the anime is running. You keep trying to say it needs to be like other animes. Its not ran by those writers, its not ran by those companies. Do you know what that means? It means that it DOES NOT have to be changed in the ways you see it changing.

I would love to see your proof of the decline in popularity as well. You cannot say that it is declining in popularity when its been running as long as it has and sells as well as it does.

As for how they deal with Ash and Mega, They gave Ash Aura Powers. He doesn't pursue or even use his powers. They have Ash have ample chances to catch Legendary Pokémon. He never does, even when they are willing to join. Mega Evolution has already been established in the Anime and is a main focus for another character. As I said before he could get to Korrina's place and they can completely ignore the Tower of Mastery. They could get there and have some new villain involved with the Tower of Mastery. He could get there and Korrina may have nothing to do with the Tower. He could get there explore and talk about it with Professor Sycamore and nothing more happen. It could be some ruin like area that is preserved. It could be the main training ground for Clemont's dad to master new Mega Evolutions. Ash himself doesn't need to do anything with Mega Evolution, nor does the Anime need to put more focus on it than what is already there.

Its not a common interest deal. Its your own personal opinion that you are attempting to shove into people's faces for your own self gratification.

As for BW That again is JUST YOUR OPINION. DP was horrible. Characters were crappy. My opinion. I lost interest in DP way faster than I lost interest in BW. So for me BW was better than DP. YOU cannot change this no matter how much you dislike BW. So stop talking about. Expressing yourself once makes it an opinion. Constantly bringing it up when its not related to other discussions is called having an obsession. You are obsessed with spreading hatred upon the BW series.

I'm coming off as angry, I'm sorry. As I said its a bit annoying to see the same argument pop up with you. You are entitled to your own opinion, this doesn't mean you are wrong in what you feel but at the same time this does not mean to try and beat it into people with different opinions. You love your anime and its a commendable thing. I have little interest in the Pokémon Anime in terms of watching it because its extremely predictable for me. Things happens the way I tend to call it and once I can call the outcome of each major point I get bored. My biggest issue with DP was that it was the most predictable series with highly boring characters. BW I watched longer because it took longer for me to predict how things would play out. There are many options that can play out that far into the series. Mega Evolution still has a medium that is being focused on. The current point to that is they do not have to add more to it other than maybe an antagonist. There's no telling what they can and cannot do when they get to that point, but based on traditional Pokémon standards, when they get to that point they won't put that much focus on the Mega Evolutions. At best we'll get a school episode where they learn about it from Sycamore and hear about his studies. Just like when Juniper popped up near Charge Stone cave to study the origins of Pokémon there.

You are taking your opinions one what you want to see and force feeding everyone who reads your post. If they don't accept what you write, you attack them with more opinions.

Last edited:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I dont know if RHyHorn Racing is gonna be apart of the show i hope there rough tough and very competetive to a point after Serena wins her rhyhorn becomes a rhydon and next region when she does a cameo its a rhyperior

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dont know if RHyHorn Racing is gonna be apart of the show i hope there rough tough and very competetive to a point after Serena wins her rhyhorn becomes a rhydon and next region when she does a cameo its a rhyperior

They already had a Rhyhorn Racing episode and Ash was the person racing I believe. Serena doesn't really seem to have any interest in Rhyhorn Racing, though she looked like she enjoyed being with the Rhyhorn in that episode.

It would be nice if they pursued that little front a little more.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Litleo seem more like Ash's Pokemon !
I wonder if Ash going to a carbink that someday go though the a mutation to become Diancle !

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I wonder if Ash going to a carbink that someday go though the a mutation to become Diancle !

I very much doubt they'd give Ash a Diancie. Carbink is possible but not a Diancie due to it being a legend...

It's really hard to tell what his team will turn out like at this point in time because we're like what, 19 or so episodes in?

I can perhaps seeing them giving him a fairy type Pokemon though... a Kalos native one as well, not an older generation one. Maybe Swirlix? (((praying for swirlix)))

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ash others have said, I do not think he will catch a Diancie. It doesn't seem like they have any plans for anyone to catch a pokemon for a while, so my guess, Ash will only catch around eight pokemon. When this happens, he doesn't usually have more than 1 of each type that he gets.

I think all flying types, fire, and water types are thrown out.

I do think he will fully evolve Froakie and Fletchling.

So my guess is this. 8 pokemon.
Pikachu
Froakie and Evos
Fletchling and Evos
Lucario (maybe) or Pancham.
Skiddo or Phantump

So far, these are my guesses. I will say he will catch three others, other than these. I am hoping he catches hey Hippotas and evolves it. (Sorry forget the spelling and in a rush.)

My guess is that it will follow closely to Hoenn, as he only gets one starter in that as well.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash & Co will attempt to catch a ''Golden Magikarp'' in upcoming episode .
I know Ash has less chance of catching it but if he does then I want a Tournament with random field where Ash force to use Magikarp to show a Fish Pokemon like Magikarp can battle anywhere without evolving.
Anyway , If Ash catch Previous Gen Pokemon then I want-

Gen I Pokemon that I want Ash to catch again-

-Arcanine
-Gyarados
-Eevee
-Rapidash
-Ninetail

Gen I Pokemon that I want Ash to catch again-

-Espion
-Granbull

Gen III Pokemon that I want Ash to catch again-

-Metagross
-Dusknoir
-Milotic
-Shiny Gardevoir
-Mothim

Gen IV Pokemon that I want Ash to catch again-

-Luxio
-Lucario

Gen V Pokemon that I want Ash to catch again-

-Volcarona
-Reuniclus
-Braviary
-Chandelure
-Archeops

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Would be interesting if Ash got another shiny. I don't see Clemont or Serena getting it. They just don't have the character for it. Maybe his rival will catch it? If not a new character, I think Ash has the greater chance at catching it even if he has a water and flying type already.

And yeah I have to agree with a lot of your choices Famon. But one pokemon from Johto I would like him to catch is a Houndoom.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Would be interesting if Ash got another shiny. I don't see Clemont or Serena getting it. They just don't have the character for it. Maybe his rival will catch it? If not a new character, I think Ash has the greater chance at catching it even if he has a water and flying type already.

And yeah I have to agree with a lot of your choices Famon. But one pokemon from Johto I would like him to catch is a Houndoom.

Its not like Ash has to catch all of them !
I just simply shown the Pokemon I want If Ash ever catch a pokemon from previous gen .
Special Arcanine or Luxio.
I mean , Shouldn't Ash catch atleast one agile cat/Dog like quadruped Pokemon ???
Considering A puppy or dog suit a Boy like Ash .
I believed Ash will catch a Litleo that will become a Male Pyroar !
Just imagine a Litleo running around Ash , playing fetch , licking him and making ''puppy-face'' .
Perfect Merchandise Promotion .
But Fletchling took away that hope .
Now again I have to see Ash ditching a perfect resemblance of Arcanine (Unless Ash catch 2 Pokemon )
Funny thing , If Ash catch a Litleo then both Talonflame & Pyroar secondary type make the flying/Normal type Pokemon that Ash always caught in every region.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
My prediction for ash's team would be

1.Pikachu (duh )

2.Talonflame (mandatory bird)

3.For a grass type he'd probably have the starter but i could see him having any of the new grass types (but i'd put an emphasis on skiddo)

4.I guess he'd have a greninja (i want him to have one )

5.Pretty sure he's gonna have mega charizard Y (99%)

6.His sixth pokemon could be anything. He's probably gonna catch more than six pokemon so candidates that suit him would be
*espurr line
*pancham line
*slurpuff line. He COULD instead own the swirlix line coz thats the first pokemon he saw upon arriving in kalos but slurpuff suits his team more
*doubt he'd have a dragon type but if he does it'll be a noibat (which he won't evolve )
*theres always the possibility that he catches a pokemon from older generations and i can't bring myself to guess on that one
*for my last pick i'd pick hawlucha because he's been known to catch some wierd stuff sometimes (it'd also give hawlucha haters a chance to like him more)

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Ash's Team prediction, go!

Pikachu - Obvious...

Greninja - Not as obvious as Pikachu, but still very obvious.

Fletchling - Will never evolve. Fletchling only evolves at Level 17 if it is hatched from an egg.

Pyroar - To put a Fire-type in Ash's party, as it is the only Fire-type Pokemon (other than Talonflame) in the Kalos region.

Phantump - Because Chespin is Clemont's Pokemon, and to avoid Ash having NO Grass-type. Could be possible for Ash to trade with... Oh, wait... Never mind...

Lucario - Ash does not have ANY Pokémon that can Mega Evolve, at all... Therefore, he would recieve a Lucario from Korrina

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have to disagree with you on the grass starter, Clemont already has Chespin, and Ash has never caught the same pokemon as someone in the pain group. Now he might trade for it with something like he did with Buizel and Aipom.

I also have to disagree with Fletchling never evolving. It is possible, but not likely. He has always evolved his flying pokemon. Just because Fletching evolves at 17, does not mean he will never evolve. None of his flying pokemon, but Pidgeotto, don't evolve. Even Pidgeotto evolved, but was released after. If you think it will not evolve because of the level and how far they are in the anime already, he has only gotten 1 badge. And to be honest, there has not been any real growth in the characters yet. My bet is Fletchling will evolve in the battle between 3rd gym leader or right before.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
We haven't talk about Serena's capture !
I would like her to catch a Ducklett that become a Swanna .
Honestly , XY series has so less Pokemon that I don't fix any Pokemon her ! Hack I can't fix any Pokemon for Ash.
By the way , Wouldn't it be fun if Ash catch a Goomy and force to win a Tournament pack with Powerful Pokemon using only Goomy in order to prove Goomy aren't weak without evolution .
Honestly , A Pre-evolve Pokemon beating their evolutionary form to prove their strength is gotten pretty old .
Just imagine Ash must use the '''Weakest Dragon Pokemon'' to win a Tournament to prove a point .
thats the type of Nearly Impossible challenge people want Ash face & overcome.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
ash's new xy pokemon

im pretty sure ash will catch a hawulcha in xy. i saw it together with all the gang's pokemon in the new pokemon xy mini movie ( the one with klefki).

what do u guys think

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
OK, I've revised my team speculation for Ash's Team

Pikachu: Again obvious...

Greninja: Ash's Froakie will evolve up to it's final form.

Fletchling: Like I said before, never evolves. The Pokemon, Fletchling, only evolves to its next form, if the Fletchling in question is hatched from an egg.

Phantump: Same as last speculation. Since Chespin is Clemont's Pokemon, the tradition CAN'T continue. This ensures Ash gets a Grass-type.

Houndoom: Though very doubtful, it serve the purpose of Ash needing a Fire-type at some point (Fletchling can't evolve, may I remind you...), and the fact that Ash does not have ANY Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, at all. To sum this up, Houndoom is the only Fire-type Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, other than Blaziken, which Ash obviously CAN'T have. (Remember May?)

This leaves a wildcard for the sixth Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
OK, I've revised my team speculation for Ash's Team

Pikachu: Again obvious...

Greninja: Ash's Froakie will evolve up to it's final form.

Fletchling: Like I said before, never evolves. The Pokemon, Fletchling, only evolves to its next form, if the Fletchling in question is hatched from an egg.

Phantump: Same as last speculation. Since Chespin is Clemont's Pokemon, the tradition CAN'T continue. This ensures Ash gets a Grass-type.

Houndoom: Though very doubtful, it serve the purpose of Ash needing a Fire-type at some point (Fletchling can't evolve, may I remind you...), and the fact that Ash does not have ANY Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, at all. To sum this up, Houndoom is the only Fire-type Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, other than Blaziken, which Ash obviously CAN'T have. (Remember May?)

This leaves a wildcard for the sixth Pokemon.

read what i wrote above you. hawulcha is 99 % ash;s enxt pokemon.
and i dont understand, why fletchling can't evolve?

pm me with the answers

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
im pretty sure ash will catch a hawulcha in xy. i saw it together with all the gang's pokemon in the new pokemon xy mini movie ( the one with klefki).

what do u guys think

Or it could be Serena's Pokemon !
Let be honest , Giving Ash a Hawulcha is the most stupid thing to do.
If Ash suppose to catch Hawulcha then what was the point giving Ash a Fletchling.
Litleo seem more like Ash's pokemon , Not to mention that Litleo mimic a puppy much better then Furfrou.
But Ash can't catch it because he already has Fletchling that would evolve into a Fire type.
Kalo doesn't have many Pokemon so Writer should avoid stupid choice like Hawulcha and focus on giving something Ash doesn't have .
Like a Steel/Ghost like Aegislash Or Grass/Ghost like Gourgeist Or Psychic type like Mewostic .

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Or it could be Serena's Pokemon !
Let be honest , Giving Ash a Hawulcha is the most stupid thing to do.
If Ash suppose to catch Hawulcha then what was the point giving Ash a Fletchling.
Litleo seem more like Ash's pokemon , Not to mention that Litleo mimic a puppy much better then Furfrou.
But Ash can't catch it because he already has Fletchling that would evolve into a Fire type.
Kalo doesn't have many Pokemon so Writer should avoid stupid choice like Hawulcha and focus on giving something Ash doesn't have .
Like a Steel/Ghost like Aegislash Or Grass/Ghost like Gourgeist Or Psychic type like Mewostic .

well hawulcha will probably get into the main cast. either ash's or serena's.
but im pretty sure it will be in ash's team. yes it has fletchling, which is flying type too . BUT dont forget that in DP ash had his flying bird pokemon AND a gliscor which is ground/flying.
in conclusion. im 99 % sure ash will have a hawulcha. =]

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
well hawulcha will probably get into the main cast. either ash's or serena's.
but im pretty sure it will be in ash's team. yes it has fletchling, which is flying type too . BUT dont forget that in DP ash had his flying bird pokemon AND a gliscor which is ground/flying.
in conclusion. im 99 % sure ash will have a hawulcha. =]

Accept Staraptor is a Bird while Gliscor is a Bat But Fletchling & Hawulcha are both birds!
Having 2 bird in same Party is kind a boring ! Specially Kalo doesn't have enough pokemon for Ash to catch more then 5 pokemon.
Ash already has a super powerful fighting type call Infernape so I only approve a steel type Lucario Or a Psychic type Medicham for another fighting type.
If Ash has catch 2 similar type of Pokemon then he should catch Litleo ! After all Ash doesn't have a cat/Lion Pokemon .
Plus Litleo is far closer to a Puppy then Fufrou is Therefore it make more marketable choice !
Just imagine a cute Litleo running around Ash and playing fetch .
Also imagine this sight-

-Ash standing with Pyroar
-Serena standing with Gagoat
-Clemont standing with Manetric

Plus , if a 2.11 size pokemon like Skiddo can give people a ride then Ash can ride a 4.11 size Pyroar .
Riding a Pyroar seem much cooler then riding a Rhyhorn & Gagoat .
And this show need to give Ash a good Riding Pokemon .

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Accept Staraptor is a Bird while Gliscor is a Bat But Fletchling & Hawulcha are both birds!
Having 2 bird in same Party is kind a boring ! Specially Kalo doesn't have enough pokemon for Ash to catch more then 5 pokemon.
Ash already has a super powerful fighting type call Infernape so I only approve a steel type Lucario Or a Psychic type Medicham for another fighting type.
If Ash has catch 2 similar type of Pokemon then he should catch Litleo ! After all Ash doesn't have a cat/Lion Pokemon .
Plus Litleo is far closer to a Puppy then Fufrou is Therefore it make more marketable choice !
Just imagine a cute Litleo running around Ash and playing fetch .
Also imagine this sight-

-Ash standing with Pyroar
-Serena standing with Gagoat
-Clemont standing with Manetric

Plus , if a 2.11 size pokemon like Skiddo can give people a ride then Ash can ride a 4.11 size Pyroar .
Riding a Pyroar seem much cooler then riding a Rhyhorn & Gagoat .
And this show need to give Ash a good Riding Pokemon .

yes, it makes sense that ash is gonna catch a litelo. didn't say he won't. BUT like i said im pretty sure he will get a hawulcha as well. look at the new mini movie and check for ur self ;)

Back