• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
620.png

I may like grass-types, and Samurott, but I absolutely adore Mienshao. Not only because it's the most powerful Pokemon to use in battle, and the strongest fighting type, but its design reminds me of martial arts and I really like that. Mienshao will always hold a special place in my heart.

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I am going to say Ferrothorn here because he is one of my favorite walls to use. One time I was almost dead with my staller Ferrothorn being last up against a No Guard Golurk. He knocked me out with a Dynamic Punch BUT Iron Barbs and Ferros Rocky Helmet made him faint first! Damn I am lucky xD

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
My favourite 5th Gen pokemon is Excadrill because of it`s amazing Attack and HP combined with it`s decent speed and the fact it can learn Swords Dance, which makes it the most fearsome non legendary Pokémon there is. It is also immune to Toxic and Stealth Rock adding a bonus as well.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Zekrom for sure, as soon as I saw him I was absolutely awestruck. It's my favorite Legend besides the 3 Wildcat Beasts. He was the gem in a pile of filthy slag (as far as Gen 5 Legendaries go) so he really stands out to me. Excluding this Legend, my favorite is probably...

a tie between Mandibuzz and Sawsbuck.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
lol Jellicent. The female, specifically. c:
They're just so cute and squishy. <3
Plus they have a lot of HP which I love in a Pokemon. <3

Fighting Girl

Fighting Type Master
Years
Throh and Sawk. I like them best because there fighting type, there based on judo and karate experts which is cool and I like there designs too. btw Just being fighting type would make any Pokemon one of my favourites.

Years
I don't know if I have a single favorite, but one of the first that comes to mind that I really like is Sigilyph. It's basically a Lugia-lite that's available before the halfway point in the games, yet it still rivals Pokemon like Alakazam and Slowking in terms of stats. It also has a pretty interesting and colorful design, which really helps it stick out.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I love Scolipede. It's a huge, purple, squishy centipede. I just wish he had just a little bit more Attack. He has 90 base which is good, but more is always better.

Nakala Pri

Tepig, or Pokabu, as some call it. It is a charm to have, even though I dragged it from the team kicking and screaming. I should have got a girl and used it for breeding... darn!

white_shadow37

white_shadow37
Years
Mine is snivy. It's such a cutie and when it evolves to sepherior it can be very strong, if you choose carefully its moves

Years
Whimsicott! It's become one of my absolute favorites. :D Though I also adore Mienshao, Serperior, Emolga, Victini, Lillipup.. so hard to choose.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Joltik. Because who doesn't love a fuzzy yellow spider?

...Or maybe it's a tick? Aw, who cares? It's adorable.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Igloo here!

I have to say Zorua! Pokedude likes zoroark. Did you know that I'm actually a zorua disguised as a human? And pokedude is a zoroark.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Emolga, that is just the cutest Pokemon in Unova. Size, voice and physique and those cute small hands. Ammggg <3

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Meh, so many nice new things to choose from. I personally enjoyed Chandlure with his cool typing. None of my friends care about EVs and natures really. I would send out Boo and they'd be like HA how unoriginal. I just swept your team :| Sup

Years
iih3zpL.png

In case it wasn't so obvious xD I just love Servine and its design overall, and it's been my mascot Pokémon ever since I first saw it. It just also came tied to me when a large website I used didn't have the name "Servine" in use, so I just grabbed it and the name has stuck around with me since, and I love the Snivy line overall too.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I'm probably the only one but the adorable slimey Reuniclus got the trigger of my heart.
The entire evolution line are a bunch of adorable little kittens to me anyways.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Hm. I've always loved Snivy. He's simply adorable. I have a plushie of him too that I got just this year. <3 There's others I've liked though too such as um... *thinks* Purrlion. omg Purrlion is so cute because I love kitties. ^w^

Back