• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ugliness Contest Finale: Probopass vs Barbaracle!

The ugliest Pokemon ever?

• [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/476.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/689.gif[/img]

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Last time, both Probopass and Barbaracle got the same amount of votes, higher than any other Pokemon nominated, so we'll vote to see who is uglier.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Probopass is awesome. I don't understand how it's even in the running with that other abomination. (What even IS that??)

Years
Probopass, it just looks too silly for me to even take seriously with that mustache and its head. I think Barbaracle was at least original, but hey.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would also have to say Probopass. What ticks me off regarding its design would have to be those mustache-like bush under its nose, which look unappealing. If it weren't for those, I likely would have been able to appreciate the Pokémon more, haha. Barbaracle is also unattractive, but what makes it easier for me to accept the design is its humanoid structure, which is relatable, in a way, as we're humans.

Years
Oh look- the two Pokemon that I think are the ugliest to date just happened to be tied as the ugliest Pokemon overall. I don't know if I should be excited, or feel bad for them, seeing as how everyone else seems to share this opinion as well.

While I could pretty much copy and paste my response from the previous thread, I'm actually deciding to flip-flop here and vote for Probopass. I think both of them are equally as ugly, but seeing as how I've hated Probopass' design for longer, it gets my vote this time around.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I physically cannot vote for either. Even though both are def silly they're bad ass in their own way.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hahhaha <3 These are the definitely ugliest pokémon, really. Binacle is a bit worse, Barbaracle at least has legs and makes almostsense, haha. Look at this:

375px-688Binacle.png

xDD their faces. Double nope there.

But Barbaracle:

375px-689Barbaracle.png

Pretty badass determination there. I could live with this. Now, Probopass on the other hand...

375px-476Probopass.png

Just nope. Nopenope. I'm sorry, it's nice that some people can stand it but I can't :3

Years
Barbaracle is more whimsical not ugly.

Binacle is ugly.

Probonose is ugly, bulky, poorly designed, just bad in every way.

Probo gets the vote for the ugliest.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
Really, I don't think Barbaracle looks that bad. Probopass just looks so...I don't know how to describe it. Neither of them is really ugly, I suppose, but given the choice between determining which one is less appealing, I definitely have to say Probopass. I think Barbaracle looks pretty cool, honestly, and not really ugly, just, different.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I love Barbaracle and I appreciate how it was designed. So I voted Probopass.

I love Nosepass and over time I've grown to tolerate Probopass but I suppose I do kind of resent him for turning Nosepass into a Mario parody. I also don't think his design works as well as Barbaracle. Yes Barbaracle is ugly, but he totally owns his ugliness, he's a goose barnacle what do you expect?

Am I the ONLY person who finds Binacle cute? Their faces remind me of those grumpy old men from the muppets.

I feel like it should be pointed out that a character being ugly doesn't automatically make them poorly designed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
When i saw probopass for the first time I was disappointed...
I could not believe that the pokemon series become from something beautiful like that -
038.gif
or that -
006.gif

to something like this -
476.gif

why??
is like saying : "we sorry, We ran out of ideas"
dont make any new pokemon if there going to look like probopass , is just disturbing
probopass is my number 1 ugliset pokemon of all time .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
In terms of ugliness, Barbaracle gets the vote, because at least there's some who could appreciate Probopass' stache, whereas Barbaracle looks like a genetic mutation.

Yvonne

♥ Kalos Queen ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
Probopass is based off a moai. That itself is pretty cool, and I wouldn't really call it ugly either. It's kind of like Claydol or Bronzong, it's charming and cute in a more inorganic way (?).
Barbacle could have been good but it just looks disgusting to me. I really dislike its concept and how they designed it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Probopass wins this contest. I'm actually quite surprised, since I thought Barbaracle was the obvious favourite. It turned out to be an extremely close race (19-18), but at the end of the day, it was Probopass.

Let's congratulate it on winning the Pokemon Ugliness Contest, and here's the Top 5:

#1:
476.gif

#2:
689.gif

#3:
214-mega.gif

#4:
660.gif

#5:
463.gif

(Yeah, no Garbodor!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Probopass is based off a moai. That itself is pretty cool, and I wouldn't really call it ugly either. It's kind of like Claydol or Bronzong, it's charming and cute in a more inorganic way (?).
Barbacle could have been good but it just looks disgusting to me. I really dislike its concept and how they designed it.
Haha, I didn't even see the resemblance xD They could have just... dropped the 'stache. Nosepass does the role better.

But yay, Probopass "won"! Heracross in third place, really? Poor Mega form, haha. I think it looks cool.

Back