• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AdvanceMap Secret Base Tutorial and IDs.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2009
AdvanceMap Secret Base Step-by-Step Tutorial and IDs

Aknowledgements:
First of all, just to let you know, this is my first ever tutorial on anything at all, and also the first thread i've ever created on any site, ever. So I, like a lot of you have been tirelesly searching for AdvanceMap Secret Base ID numbers, but to no avail. So I set out to figure the numbers and in this case, the letters too. And actually managed to find a pattern, and just wanted to share it with those who have been wanting to know. Now, i'm just going to include a small tutorial for those unfamiliar (I wouldn't call them 'beginners' because I happen to be one too! I Literally started using AdvaceMap yesterday!). So if you want to get right to the IDs just skip to Step 3.

Step 1

You need to have a Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald ROM if concerning secret bases.

Check it out if you like.

Get the AdvanceMap Program for Pokemon ROM editing and scripting. You can google it as i'm not allowed to post links. It's my first post.

I'm using version 1.0.9

Of course, you'll need a GameBoy Advance Emulator to actually play your ROMS and test out your hacked versions.
You can look this up too. I'd recommend VisualBoyAdvance.

Now once you have both, just load your ROM using AdvanceMap.
The usual 'File--->Load Rom' by locating your Pokemon ROM file.

So on the left of the window, in the pane, you have your maps. For convenience, I suggest you sort your maps by name. Secret base maps are under the name SECRET BASE or bank 25 there are 23 different secret base maps.

Step2

Pick a map to start with or just create your own map.
There will be a few tabs above the your map at the centre. Map, Movement Permissions etc.
Secret bases are events. So click on that tab. After that, at the right panel, for adding your secret base, increase the number of signposts and click on change events. Secret bases are under the term 'signposts'. You'll notice a little red box with an 'S' on it at the top left corner of your map.

Now what you want to do is to change the properties of this signpost 'S' thing so it becomes a SECRET BASE signpost. Just use the drop-down box on the panel under 'Signpost type' banner, and choose '08 Secret base; RSE only'. Now your signpost can be asigned to specific secret base map tiles.

Drag that little square thing on to a secret base tile. And the tile's movement position must be at '1'. Meaning your hero will not be able to walk over it. Now the map tile you drag the little 'S' on to MUST have the properties of a secret base tile. A secret base tile is a 9-somethinng behaviour byte. But if you're unfamilliar with the block editor, just ignore that last sentence. I'll just show you the tiles you can place the little 'S' on, highlighted in red. It's one of the pictures at the bottom of this post.

And that's all you need to know to make your very own secret base! After you've obtained TM43:Secret Power taught it to your Pokemon, used it on that very same tile and all.

BUT!

Your secret base will always appear as the default secret base, SECRET BASE (25.0),
a brown little cave. The next step will guide you in selecting your desired secret base.

Step3

Choosing your secret base. on the left panel, still on the your SECRET BASE signpost on events, there will be something that says: Secret base ID and I had no idea how this worked until...

VOILA!

0(0-9)=25.0
0(A-F)=25.6
1(0-3)=25.6
1(4-9)=25.12
1(A-D)=25.12
1(E-F)=25.18
2(0-7)=25.18
2(8-9)=25.1
2(A-F)=25.1
3(0-1)=25.1
3(2-9)=25.7
3(A-B)=25.7
3(C-F)=25.13
4(0-5)=25.13
4(6-9)=25.19
4(A-F)=25.19

5(0-9)=25.2
5(A-F)=25.8
6(0-3)=25.8
6(4-9)=25.14
6(A-D)=25.14
6(E-F)=25.20
7(0-7)=25.20
7(8-9)=25.3
7(A-F)=25.3
8(0-1)=25.3
8(2-9)=25.9
8(A-B)=25.9
8(C-F)=25.15
9(0-5)=25.15
9(6-9)=25.21
9(A-F)=25.21

A(0-9)=25.4
A(A-F)=25.10
B(0-3)=25.10
B(4-9)=25.16
B(A-D)=25.16
B(E-F)=25.22
C(0-7)=25.22
C(8-9)=25.5
C(A-F)=25.5
D(0-1)=25.5
D(2-9)=25.11
D(A-B)=25.11
D(C-F)=25.17
E(0-5)=25.17
E(6-9)=25.23
E(A-F)=25.23

Now let me explain:
The twenty-fives with decimals are the bank and map number. 25 is the bank where the maps are located. So to enter the IDs I'll give you an example.

Say you want to chose your secret base as map 23. (You can refer to the picture in the 'SECRET BASE'/Bank'25' maps on the left pane. Refering to the codes given above, that would be bank/number 25.23 which would be map 23 in bank 25. The codes i've given are to the right of the map bank/number E(6-9) and E(A-F). That means you type either:

E6, E7, E8, E9, EA, EB, EC, ED, EE, or EF in the 'Secret base ID' box.

or

If you'd like map 1,
28, 29, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 30, or 31

And that's that! Go on, create your own secret bases!

But if you want me to explain just so you can understand better, read on.

Basically, there are 10 locations for each identical map. And they range from
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F as the second value. The first value, starting at 0 gets one value higher as it completes one round of that range mentioned above.
The map value begins at 2 and for each loop, shown as a space in between codes the map value is added to 2. Lastly, the change from one map to another progressively descending the list, is added to 6.

And I have yet to find out whether the secret base ID's link to secret base locations already pre-made in the ROM...

That's it for this tutorial. I hope it helped.
Feel free to contact me to help improve this tutorial or correct any mistakes made.​

Last edited by a moderator:

kittopian

Source engine coder
Years
I tried an ID of F1 or so and Advance map showed an error message that said "Map does not exist.". Perhaps that allows us to create new secret base maps? Is that even possible? If so it would be interesting.

Last edited:
Years
Very Good Tutorial. But It is only For R\S\E not for FR\LG. If any one make A way to Do this On Fr\Lg would help a lot. I Think ASM need for doing this. Anyways Thanks for Making a good Tutorial....

Back