• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flingin' Waste Like a Monkey

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
rPWIL.gif

Marianna (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 60 HP / 196 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobat
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Taunt

Probably my favorite Pokémon on this team so far. Poisoning the opponent's bulky Pokémon with Fling helps my team in the long run. And once the Toxic Orb is gone, Acrobat hits really hard. I out speed a lot of leads and usually prevent them from setting up their initial hazards. I like this set a lot so I'm not really looking to replace it. But suggestions are always welcomed.

pHphg.gif

Andromeda (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Psycho Shock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Since I'm going to be replacing Cloyster (maybe), I'm not really sure if I want to keep this slot for a Rapid Spinner. Plus this thing has been Nattorei/Burungeru bait all the time. I was thinking of going with an offensive set (Surf/Ice Beam/HP Fire/Shadow Ball or Recover @ Life Orb) but I'm not sure. Some input on this slot would be nice.

GC6uE.gif

James (Morobareru) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 24 SAtk / 48 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore

Unlike most teams I've had Jameshroom on so far, he hasn't really "shone" on this one. Of course, the pretty much guaranteed sleep is really nice. But I'm not sure if it really fits in I guess. It has been my stop against Rain Dance teams though. (Tinkerbell Celebi maybe?)

p7Dkz.gif

Franklin (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

This was originally a Choice Band Heracross but it was getting outsped by a lot. I really wanted to use Heracross and needed the speed factor, so I switched it to Choice Scarf. It's been effective but it does miss key KOs sometimes with its lesser power. But so goes the debate between Scarf vs Band/Specs. I'd like to replace Pursuit since it's not as effective on the Scarf set.

xsgV1.gif

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Shell Blade
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

While this set is cute, Cloyster was mostly just filler. This slot can be used for suggestions to better this team. Maybe make this a spinner and replace Starmie. I'm open for suggestions.

DXq9M.gif

Bernard (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

My other favorite. It hits like a truck and forces switches. This allows me to set up Stealth Rock pretty easily. Also takes out annoying Dragons and fragile Chlorophyll sweepers.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Overall, this has been a fun team to use. I win some, I lose some. I'd like to win some more so this is why I'm posting it. I did manage to only lose 2-0 to Dark_Azelf which is the best I've done against him in a while. All suggestions are welcomed as long as they are good suggestion. xoxo​

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The main problem here is you lack a steel. The makes absorbing Outrages Draco's rather hard. I saw you struggling with Kingdra earlier.

Id try and fit in a steel here, preferably over Starmie. Nattorei might work and can spread T-Waves and crap. This would also allow you to take SR off swine and put on Icicle Drop.

If you find Shroom underwhelming on this team you could try Tenta for spinning. It makes a decent offensive spinner with Acid Bomb giving ghosts -2 Sp.Def it also gets Giga Drain/Evil Eye to massacre Burungeru. (Acid Bomb/<move to hit Burungeru>/Boil Over or Pump/Spin works). This also helps with Heatran and the like who are pains for you.

I must ask though, why Hera ? There are much better scarfers this gen, see: Garchomp. Something of this nature again would help with the fire weak.

I hope this helps. ^^

Back