• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey Om3GA, have u ever thought about taking on the "legacy" of YAPE (although u would have 2 make something like it from scratch)? Just a thought...

P.S.: BTW, the program works fine swampert249, so please don't be overreactive... It's scaring the other members...

Nope, I don't think I will.
I was never too good at tool making, and that seems more like a project for someone who is better at making tools. (I am not very good at it, nor can I actually make tools anymore, I got rid of VB6...)

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
Years
Sorry if this has been answered before but I am in a rush by my brother. I cannot open a rom on it. It always says that the file does not exist or is unreadable. Is that fixable?

EDIT: FIXED IT! It has to be in the same folder =P

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Do you know another tool to edit text description for pokemon?
After i edited some Pokemon with Yape, and now i can't open it.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
InvalidArgument=Value of"0"is not valid for "SelectedIndex"
Parameter name: SelectedIndex"

Details
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at MappedComboBox.MappedComboBox.SetSelectedNumValue(Int32 value)
at YAPE.MainForm.LoadRomStrings(PkmnROM pkmnROM)
at YAPE.MainForm.TryLoadROM(String filename)
at YAPE.MainForm.OpenROM()
at YAPE.MainForm.OpenRomMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
YAPE
Assembly Version: 0.9.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/hack%20tool/hack%20tool/YAPE%200.9/YAPE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MappedComboBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39633
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/hack%20tool/hack%20tool/YAPE%200.9/MappedComboBox.DLL
ComboListBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39599
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/hack%20tool/hack%20tool/YAPE%200.9/ComboListBox.DLL
NumericTextBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39676
Win32 Version: 1.0.3031.39676
CodeBase: file:///D:/hack%20tool/hack%20tool/YAPE%200.9/NumericTextBox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Years
yape (yet another pokemon editor) can do that..u just need to select a pkmn then select (at above) evolution..then theres a list that will ask u how do u want him to evolve...then select (with item) then select the item u want and here u go (i didnt use yape for a while so sum of the words i said can be a little different) hope i helped :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2011
Items help

I downloaded the softwae just a week before, version is as seen 0.9.
First of all awesome program.
Emerald: I tried to put a master ball in 1st slot to be with rattata. But it didnt worked. Does the master ball be first introduced in the game before any pokemon can carry it in the wild? Also can I give it to a starter?
I played the game a little than tried changing the data like types,attracks,evolution(tried turning torchik into a gangar and it worked LOL)etc then tried the game and it worked but not with the item things.
I then tried to put the item first and start the game again from the start but in vain. Can it really change the item a pokemon is holding?
Please ans. even if U dont know the ans or I would be checking for your ans for weeks.

ps. I even tried it with FireRed but is having the same problem

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I downloaded the softwae just a week before, version is as seen 0.9.
First of all awesome program.
Emerald: I tried to put a master ball in 1st slot to be with rattata. But it didnt worked. Does the master ball be first introduced in the game before any pokemon can carry it in the wild? Also can I give it to a starter?
I played the game a little than tried changing the data like types,attracks,evolution(tried turning torchik into a gangar and it worked LOL)etc then tried the game and it worked but not with the item things.
I then tried to put the item first and start the game again from the start but in vain. Can it really change the item a pokemon is holding?
Please ans. even if U dont know the ans or I would be checking for your ans for weeks.

ps. I even tried it with FireRed but is having the same problem

It can't change things, like if the starters are holding anything, BUT, it can change what pokemon in the wild might hold. The problem is actually catching the pokemon and seeing if it has that item, try doing that a few times...
(Masterball? Really? Sounds kinda cheesy...)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Look into the help file. The slots that change what a pokemon are holding work, but they are percentages that the pokemon will hold that item; The top one 50% of the time, and 5% of the time for the bottom one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2011
It can't change things, like if the starters are holding anything, BUT, it can change what pokemon in the wild might hold. The problem is actually catching the pokemon and seeing if it has that item, try doing that a few times...
(Masterball? Really? Sounds kinda cheesy...)

Look into the help file. The slots that change what a pokemon are holding work, but they are percentages that the pokemon will hold that item; The top one 50% of the time, and 5% of the time for the bottom one.

OK thankx for all your help.I'll try that.

*Have a wonderfull week ahead*

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
INVINCIBLE!

it is possible to turn your poke invincible using YAPE.
step 1:Go to the pokemon you wanna change (only do this to a pokemon that can only be found or obtained more than 1. otherwise, wilds will be invincible) in the YAPE pokemon list after you picked a ROM.
Step 2:go to the type and ability section.
Step 3: change pokemon you want to be invincible's type to ??? (it will be at the bottom) and change ability to wonder guard.

??? pokemon type has no weakness, and thanks to wonder guard, he cant even be hit.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
Wow! I just got back into ROM and Hacks from a while ago and this tool, Silver, very nice! You can really do almost anything using it!

Just one question, is there a way to make Ability %'s on Pokémon with two abilities?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Okay Thanks for the info BTW
I have found a good text editor for Pokèmon games
and it was advance text

I am still a newbie in this forum

You should learn to script. I find that is much easier to create a hack when you can script. You can give the player any Pokemon item, create movement scripts and much more. Although A-Text is basic, it doesn't allow the user to get the full advantage of scripting.

http://youtube.com/foullump has good scripting tutorials.

What is the latest version of YAPE?

it is possible to turn your poke invincible using YAPE.
step 1:Go to the pokemon you wanna change (only do this to a pokemon that can only be found or obtained more than 1. otherwise, wilds will be invincible) in the YAPE pokemon list after you picked a ROM.
Step 2:go to the type and ability section.
Step 3: change pokemon you want to be invincible's type to ??? (it will be at the bottom) and change ability to wonder guard.

??? pokemon type has no weakness, and thanks to wonder guard, he cant even be hit.

Good strategy. You could go faster and take the one Dark/Ghost type in the game and give it Wonder Guard. In the 3rd gen games, there is only one Pokemon that has the Dark/Ghost type which has no super-effective weaknesses. (Saybleye)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
when i use the evolution program in YAPe whenever i reach that lvl to EV it always fails and has the "??" instead of lvling. why is that . thnx

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
when i use the evolution program in YAPe whenever i reach that lvl to EV it always fails and has the "??" instead of lvling. why is that . thnx

Statement: Probably because to get the evolved form of that pokemon, you need the National Dex. Learn how to make that enabled early on.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
If I run the ball icon, an application error show:
"The application failed to initialze properly (0xc000013)."

Back