• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Can I join?
My current hunt is shiny DW vulpix, but haven't started yet, because I didn't get the regular female DW vulpix... Although I did get a male Vulpix (DW)
So far, I got those shinies:
-TOTALLY RANDOM Zubat, jap. HG
-TOTALLY RANDOM Foongus, jap. W
-MASUDA METHOD Cyndaquil, eur. SS, 1-03-11
Not that much, but still... I started hunting 1st of March or something. And I hope to get another soon!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Hey guys, I think I made a new discovery - your Pokedex now records your shinies!! I don't know if anyone found this already, but when you go into the Pokedex on B/W and scroll over to "Forms," it shows how many different types of that Pokemon you've seen (Frillish and Basculin would have two, for instance), but it also lists how many shinies you've seen of that Pokemon. I think that's pretty awesome that even the Pokedex lists shinies now.

Of course, each entry in my Dex is cursed with a "SHINY: 0" next to it. :/

What do you guys think about dual REing? It theoretically halves the amount of time (and thus rarity) of shiny hunting, but it's still 1/8192, and it's technically still the classic way. I'm still on the fence, and I'm willing to keep an open mind and hear both sides and reasons to like/dislike dual REing.

This is a little bit off topic, but remember how I was talking about how I couldn't connect to WiFi to get a normal Victini? Yesterday, I walked down three blocks trying the different neighbors's WiFis, and none of them worked. At the end of the third block I tried one while hiding under a tree, and I finally found one I could get into, "lol." So now I happily have my Victini, and hopefully this means I'll be able to get SRable/breedable event legends in the future!

Welcome to PC, ShinyDoug! We're glad to have you! Congrats on all your shinies, but especially Manectric and Typhlosion! :)

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! Zubat/Golbat/Crobat is a great shiny line to have!

I think I finally have a rival for longest posts, but you're still a distant second in number of targets! :P

Welcome to the SHC! Those are three pretty cool shinies you have! I'd love to get a shiny Cyndaquil some day.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Let's hope that everyone can get at least one shiny this April. *coughincludingG-Moneycough*

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Welcome to all the new members (Pokewalker, Poketrainer87, and ShinyDoug) and congrats to It's Just Fufu on his shiny Golbat, Poketrainer87 on their Shiny Riolu, AntiZero on his Gligar, EvilSonic on Seviper, and anyone else I may have missed. Good luck on all current hunts!

Right now I am playing through Black. I am debating on dual-hatching for a Shiny Togepi, or just waiting until I can dual SR for Landorus. My spring break starts the 16th. :)

Hey guys, I think I made a new discovery - your Pokedex now records your shinies!! I don't know if anyone found this already, but when you go into the Pokedex on B/W and scroll over to "Forms," it shows how many different types of that Pokemon you've seen (Frillish and Basculin would have two, for instance), but it also lists how many shinies you've seen of that Pokemon. I think that's pretty awesome that even the Pokedex lists shinies now.

I've actually known that for awhile. :x While dual REing is just dual REing. I see no logical reason to be against it.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone

No shiny news for now.

Congrats on new shinies.

G-Money said:

About double REing, for me is the same as normal REing, only that you have to time properly when playing two games at a same time. I think it halves the time of a hunt, but for the cost of that you have both hands busy.
By the way, it's good to hear that you are able to download events now ;).

Well, see you all and happy hunting.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hello again, everyone. I really would like to thank all of you that congratulated me on my shiny Golbat. I know it's not the best shiny, but like I said before, it has always been a shiny that I've coveted, and given the amount of time I've been hunting, I've always wondered why I haven't had one yet...maybe it's kind of silly, but part of me feels like I've really joined the club of "veteran" shiny hunters, now that I have a shiny Golbat. :p

So. It's about mid-April now, meaning the school year is winding down...which in turn means that finals and AP exams are coming up. In the past, I never really had to study for such exams, but seeing as how this is my junior year of high school, I've really got to buckle down and make sure I do my best so that I can give myself the best shot at getting into a decent college. With that being said, I'm going to try my best at putting a serious halt to shiny hunting. I'm not making any promises, but from now until late May, I don't see myself doing any appreciable shiny hunting. I'll still do Tepig soft resets every now and then, but I don't expect to spend 5+ hours triple hunting every day like I have been during this absolutely wonderful Spring Break, lol. But yeah, school along with basketball (I play during the spring and summer, too) will definitely keep me busy.

Despite my self-imposed hiatus from hunting, I'll still check the club regularly. Most likely. It's hard to stay completely away from shiny hunting. :D

So with that, I'll just leave you all with a final update on my main targets.
RFVF%20(120).png

13,600 encounters

HGSS%20(245).png

1079 soft resests

RS%20(324).png

2,252 encounters and 311 eggs

RS%20(333).png

5,002 encounters

Platine%20(443m).png

10,414 encounters

BN%20(498).png

4,600 soft resets​

So as you can see, I have quite a few hunts going on...but I love it!

Good luck to all, and congratulations to all the new shinies as well.

Years
I would like to join but i've never got a shiny before :(
the only shiny i've had is probaly the red garados you get in SS/HG
But im SRing to get a Shiny Terrakion :D

Apex

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
That's a lot of hunts, Fufu. O.o

Good luck on Terrakion, Apex, and welcome!

I have decided my new target. It will be Hoppip. I am going to MM for it on my White o3o

I have a Female Hoppip from the DW that I am using for Hoppip. :)

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Hello, I'd love to join this club!

I recently got traded a shiny Eevee and a shiny Houndoor from a friend, and I have a Japanese Ditto which I'll use for Masuda Breeding soon too.

Years
@Fufu: I don't have a shiny Zubat relative.

To try and relieve my complete lack of shinies since GenV, I went and chained some Bronzors in Pearl. I've collected 2 so far and won't stop until I have 6 with Levitate, so I have a decent shot at a competitive one.

My Tepig count is at 2357 but is on hold until my DS is free. I could SR on my Phat, but I don't like lugging that around. I'll sneak in some Kyogre SRs to fill that time instead. Kyogre's count is at 8717.

G-Money

Years
I read somewhere that the B/W trainer card records the number of wild battles, and it's true! This is going to be extremely useful in RE shiny hunts, since I can finally track my progress and be able to post updates like everyone else. :)

I've finished the main story in Black (which was awesome), so now I can return to shiny hunting proper. I ended up with 1789 REs throughout the course of the game, which was interesting to find out. I guess about 1 in 5 people see a shiny in the course of a regular play through the game?

I've started hunting for a shiny Litwick, which seems to be the signature shiny of the 5th generation. Shiny Chadelure looks really cool, so I'm pretty excited about this hunt. I'm at 476 encounters now, and I'll be able to know exactly when I'm reaching the average now because of the stat tracker. Judging by the average time for a shiny, I should be able to get one in 17 days at this rate, but it never works out for me like that. :/

Thanks to everyone on their input on dual REing. I think I'm for it, mostly because it doesn't really increase your rate of getting a shiny mathematically. It saves time, but it's still the "classic" method. :)

Hello, I'd love to join this club!

I recently got traded a shiny Eevee and a shiny Houndoor from a friend, and I have a Japanese Ditto which I'll use for Masuda Breeding soon too.

Welcome! You have a very nice friend, "lol." What are you going to evolve Eevee into? You have 8 very nice shiny options!

...maybe it's kind of silly, but part of me feels like I've really joined the club of "veteran" shiny hunters, now that I have a shiny Golbat. :p

You know, I had actually typed that out for my earlier post, but I ended up erasing it, "lol." That's the exact thing I thought when I saw you got a shiny Golbat! It's like a signature of being a long-time hunter. It's hard to believe that MetalMario has 40+ shinies without a shiny Golbat, "lol."

Those are some nice targets, and I hope you end up getting all of them soon. Finals aren't really fun, but personally, I'd still shiny hunt until the night before. ;)

Nihilego

Years
I read somewhere that the B/W trainer card records the number of wild battles, and it's true! This is going to be extremely useful in RE shiny hunts, since I can finally track my progress and be able to post updates like everyone else. :)

I... never knew this before. That's awesome! I'll be using that a lot.

edit: I can't seem to find it, actually. Where exactly on the Trainer Card is it? =/

Welcome! You have a very nice friend, "lol." What are you going to evolve Eevee into? You have 8 very nice shiny options!

Well, she's an excellent shiny hunter and I had a Dream World Poliwag for her in return. I was still surprised at how generous she was, though. I might not evolve Eevee at all since I like shiny Eevee the best out of all the Eeveelutions, but if I was to evolve it, it'd be to an Umbreon.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
hi everyone, hope everything is going well.

My shiny news: not much to say, only got two shiny geodudes in chain at 33 and 41 respectively.

I think my April fools pokemon is going to be nosepass, by breeding ofcourse.

Training my probopaass first for now before I put it in the daycare.

Thats all for now. Good luck and happy hunting.

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
How's it going everyone! Well since my last shiny I have decided to restart my soul silver for a shiny starter and put everything else on hold. So far I have 655 SR. I've been hunting for these starters for two days now. Im also thinking of SR for the Charmander in Oaks lab too and for the legendaries as well. Good luck to all of you and happy hunting!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
On FireRed I have 2 shinies, charmander (after 11519 SRs) and random pidgeotto that I now evolved it into Charizard and Pidgeot, respectively. I guess I could migrate them onto my SoulSilver but I don't want to lose them on my gen III games :S (I want to borrow my friend's emerald but he never wants to lend it to me) I've also met shiny kangaskhan on safari zone, but it ran away... :( almost broke my DS afterwards in fury.

On SoulSilver, the only shiny that I currently have is a Tyranitar. I was EXTREMELY lucky with this one, because I've been looking for Larvitar anyways, which was rare in the first place, and had adamant nature, which was perfect for setting up physical sweeper that I wanted. I'm currently SRing for a shiny Rayquaza (718 SRs so far).

Last edited:

Nihilego

Years
Starting the Masuda Method with a Roggenrola. Only three down right now but it's quick going, so I hope it won't be long before I have my shiny. x)

Years
Can I join? ^-^

Shinies obtained:
Jumpluff
Bellossom
Wailmer
Golbat
Wobuffet
Masquerein

Hunting:
Sableye
Spoink
Chingling (To evolve into Chimecho)
Clamperl
Foongus
Klink
Litwick

All by the Masuda Method :)

Wish me luck! :D

-Totodile42

G-Money

Years
I've hunted for at least 7 hours per day for the past 4 days, without anything to show for it. :( Most of my hunting has been for Drifloon and Mudkip, but I'm also really motivated to hunt for Litwick, since it's the only shiny hunt I have that I can easily track.

Litwick update: 1,115 Litwick seen; 2,904 wild Pokemon encounters in Black overall

hi everyone, hope everything is going well.

My shiny news: not much to say, only got two shiny geodudes in chain at 33 and 41 respectively.

Hey guys, no news on my end. Nothing's happening here, except for two shiny Geodudes...what!?

Dude, that's awesome! Congrats on the shinies! I know they were chained, but they're still shinies (or at least one of them is)!

On FireRed I have 2 shinies, charmander (after 11519 SRs) and random pidgeotto that I now evolved it into Charizard and Pidgeot, respectively. I guess I could migrate them onto my SoulSilver but I don't want to lose them on my gen III games :S (I want to borrow my friend's emerald but he never wants to lend it to me) I've also met shiny kangaskhan on safari zone, but it ran away... :( almost broke my DS afterwards in fury.

On SoulSilver, the only shiny that I currently have is a Tyranitar. I was EXTREMELY lucky with this one, because I've been looking for Larvitar anyways, which was rare in the first place, and had adamant nature, which was perfect for setting up physical sweeper that I wanted. I'm currently SRing for a shiny Rayquaza (718 SRs so far).

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club! You have a really nice collection - all your shinies are top quality! Rayquaza's a perfect target, and, in my opinion, it's the coolest shiny of all time, followed by Charizard and Metagross. I'd like to SR for Rayquaza eventually, but first I need Mudkip and Kyogre. At the rate I'm going, it's going to take years, so I'll let you have all the shiny Rayquaza luck for 2011. ;)

Can I join? ^-^

Shinies obtained:
Jumpluff
Bellossom
Wailmer
Golbat
Wobuffet
Masquerein

Hunting:
Sableye
Spoink
Chingling (To evolve into Chimecho)
Clamperl
Foongus
Klink
Litwick

All by the Masuda Method :)

Wish me luck! :D

-Totodile42

Welcome to the club! You have an awesome collection, too! I'm also hunting for Litwick, since shiny Chandelure looks incredible.

I'm glad to see the new members have such good taste in shinies. :)

Years
I'd like to join the group. :)
the shinies I've caught/evolved so far:

growlithe
arcanine
--
staryu
starmie
--
houndour
houndoom
--
darumaka
darmantian

there are many different shinies that I'm searching for at the moment, I'll post when I know what I'll search for first.

Back